Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best and worst fields in the 15th
rooster Wrote:Hostile state takeover?? Whatever in this world are you going on about? That's just about one the dumbest statement I have ever read on here.

I would say that the JC school system probably spends more on technology for one single classroom than perhaps your school system does for their whole system. Guess it's just coincidence that the Johnson Co. School System is one of the highest rated school systems in the entire state or that our middle school has a current dynasty going on in Governor Cup competition.

Please take solice in this. Perhaps your St. Bernard is maybe not retarded after all. Perhaps he just picked up a few things along the way from it's owner, and he just appears that way.

If you want to write hate posts, please at least try to be a little more accurate with the information in what you want to try to hate over.

Woops! Not intended at JC. Geared toward the comment that SC is getting a new field. I quoted the wrong post.

I agree JC is a good schools system, but a good elementary and a mediocre (pull the scores) high school does not make a good system. It is solid though.

As for Gov's Cup, it's not my thing, but I have heard tales about that.

Not inteded towards JC though.
#1TigerFan Wrote:Woops! Not intended at JC. Geared toward the comment that SC is getting a new field. I quoted the wrong post.

I agree JC is a good schools system, but a good elementary and a mediocre (pull the scores) high school does not make a good system. It is solid though.

Well I guess to start, if you go back and reread every post in this thread, you will find that not one single post makes the first mention of Sheldon Clark getting a new baseball field, so I'm a little confused on how a misquote could be made, concerning a quote that was never made to begin with.

If indeed you are directing your comments as being towards Sheldon Clark, what makes you think that they are a state takeover candidate to begin with? I read the newspapers and listen to the radio and I have never heard or read the first thing that would lead anyone to believe that they were being targeted by Frankfort. Maybe I'm the one that is just not as informed as I should be.

I think that if you do you do go back and do pull the scores, that for a county school system you will find that they are ranked around 11th in the state. Agreed that is not a #1 ranking, and I guess that we'll just have to try harder, but it is just an assumption on my part that probably well over 100 other school systems in the state of Kentucky would be elated to achieve that high of a ranking. Gee, tough crowd!!

As far as the Gov Cup not being your thing, I again am confused how one can blast any particular school system about funds not being directed toward educational purposes in one breath and then claiming that the educational subject is not your thing in the next breath. Perplexing, or just maybe you are now conceeding that you were not qualified to even make an unbiased comment on the subject to begin with?

Are you now trying to say that the whole Gov Cup competition process is tainted? Wow, that's quite an accusation. I'm surprised that some of the traditional magnet schools have not cried out for a full scale federal investigation.

I think we can blame this whole ordeal on those danged old St. Bernards. I have read that have been known throughout history to have hatred complexes. Critters really have some issues dont they?

Now let's get back to discussing the good, the bad, and the ugly of 15th region baseball fields.
Pikeville has a nice field...Belfry's new baseball field is still getting worked on but when it is completely finished its going to be nice.
maxhornet Wrote:I agree with everyone on the JC field.
Sheldon Clark (Stinks) Literally! Its not their fault though Sewer treatment plant right beside of field.

Pestonsburg field needs improvement.

Pike fields are all pretty nice
Now I know that our fields at Magoffin had have been neglected fo years. But we have worked hard the last 5-6 years building them up. The high school field in the last couple of has sod put down, lights repaired, batting cage built, etc.. But you will b every impressed this year when you see the new improvements that Coach David Gibson has worked so hard to get. New dugout, press boxes, fences, lights repaired.. We cant wait to hear the crack of the bat and cheers of the crazy parents like myself..

MC has a #1 field

i wouldnt say we have a number 1 field but its gettin better its extremly hard to do much when the school wont put alot of money into it, and the city just doesnt care. but due to coach's work the manager of the park is havin alot of work done even to the babe ruth fields but yea the new dugouts and press box have been done by the team and even the block layin was done by the 2n basemen's grandfather, while the roofing and floorin (for the lockerroom this will be great for the past however long we have had a team we have had to change outsde no matter the weater how cold or how wet or who was lookin we had to change out side) so yea this field will be somethin if only to the team that has built it hopefully we as a team will take some pride and allow it to be a drive for us to win cause we do have somethin to prove this year
1. Pikeville - turf, covered bleachers are a good place to watch a game, dugouts are good.
2. Lawrence Co. - best natural grass surface in the region, imo, sweet facilities all the way around (scoreboard, dugouts).
3. Johnson Central - good place to watch a game, a lot of baseball history, good surface, dimensions, lights, and dugouts.
4. East Ridge - title ix in mind when they built it (softball shares press box), good surface, dugouts, dimensions, and lights.
4a. Belfry - a lot like E. Ridge w/o the press box.
6. Paintsville
7. Shelby Valley
8. Pike Central
sf_football Wrote:sf has the worst feild by far no dug outs no lights its awful
I agree 100%...I think that fence has been up since the 1930s:yikes: ..something really needs to be done over there...that is no place for a high school baseball game to be played...Pikeville definatley has the nicest field in the region...Think back about all the terrible fields before they made East Ridge a school and gave Belfry a new field...Feds Creek was terrible...It had a coal mine in right field and was like 250 feet to dead center haha...Millard was aweful too...The ball would take some crazy hops on you down there and the fence barly stood up on its own...I remember when they tried to make it an all grass infield with just dirt around the bases like Pikeville's is now....That just didnt work out and wasnt a very good idea to begin with..Old Hardy park wasnt much either...All I have to say about it is....The hill in right and the ligh pole in the middle of center field...Belfry has a nice facility now and they should because they have been really good in the past 6-7 years.
JC has a nice field don't get me wrong, however, the fact that there has to be delays in the games due to the sun getting in the batters' eyes gives it not so good of a reputation.
I know i've seen worse but phelp's field is not only a baseball field but it is a softball field and part of a football field and occasionally cross country practices running around! lol. so I would say that pretty much sucks.
if i remember right, doesnt sheldon clark have light poles inside the outfield fence?
Impressive Wrote:if i remember right, doesnt sheldon clark have light poles inside the outfield fence?
Yep!
WH15K3R 815CU17 Wrote:JC has a nice field don't get me wrong, however, the fact that there has to be delays in the games due to the sun getting in the batters' eyes gives it not so good of a reputation.

One more year and that will never happen again!!! :letsparty
Prestonsburg's field will be used this upcoming season on StoneCrest. It will be the field closest to the football field. Should end up being one of the nicest in the area.
rawlingsfan Wrote:1. Pikeville - turf, covered bleachers are a good place to watch a game, dugouts are good.
2. Lawrence Co. - best natural grass surface in the region, imo, sweet facilities all the way around (scoreboard, dugouts).
3. Johnson Central - good place to watch a game, a lot of baseball history, good surface, dimensions, lights, and dugouts.
4. East Ridge - title ix in mind when they built it (softball shares press box), good surface, dugouts, dimensions, and lights.
4a. Belfry - a lot like E. Ridge w/o the press box.
6. Paintsville
7. Shelby Valley
8. Pike Central

Belfry's new field has very nice, very large press box, it also has an indoor batting cage... The playing surface is in very good condition, Coach Hagy is very knowledgable about working on fields from his college days...
By far right now Lawrence Co field is the best in the region. They have on of the best score boards around. They just need to work on better seat and it will be great. As far the field they have the best grass surfaces around. They work really hard to keep it up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
#1TigerFan Wrote:Woops! Not intended at JC. Geared toward the comment that SC is getting a new field. I quoted the wrong post.

WOW just another instance of a Paintsville fan looking down on SC....oh well, it'll never change!:booo:

I know WITHOUT A DOUBT from an insider's mouth (whom I can always completely trust) that the school board and concerned, loyal citizens of Martin County are working on the plans for a new school complete with all of the athletic facilities that any school could need. They have the plans complete, they are just trying to find the support from the local businesses and state.

Meanwhile, Mrs. Elliot and Mr. Nichols are working hard and doing a great job to clean up the facilities that SCHS uses.
cant wait to see what prestonsburgs, jc's and sheldon clarks new fields will be like when they are finished!!!!

Nothing better than BASEBALL!!!!
sf is fixing up their field this year, i was down there the other day and the new dugouts are almost finished,,,once they get the dugouts and the bleachers finished all it needs is light and itll be one of the nicer fields around,,its in good postistion it jus needs to be finished up
played on SF's my whole life and it could be nice but Floyd Co Board of Edu wont give any money to fix it right, so it blows.
From the fields I have seen, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Pikeville has the best baseball, and I believe that all pike county teams fields are at lest nice....[/COLOR]
Amun-Ra Wrote:played on SF's my whole life and it could be nice but Floyd Co Board of Edu wont give any money to fix it right, so it blows.

The SF field is the only baseball field in Floyd County that is owned by the FCBOE. The County purchased the property and gave it to them and the BOE still hasn't completed it.
catzfan5 Wrote:I know i've seen worse but phelp's field is not only a baseball field but it is a softball field and part of a football field and occasionally cross country practices running around! lol. so I would say that pretty much sucks.

Now you see what school gets all the leftovers from the Pike BOE!!!
gotcha2 Wrote:The SF field is the only baseball field in Floyd County that is owned by the FCBOE. The County purchased the property and gave it to them and the BOE still hasn't completed it.
i know quite a bit about that situation and IMO the BOE would rather give all the money to Pburg to help build them a new facility when they dont need it as bad as SF.
Pburg's field is going to be very nice, too bad the other Floyd Co schools have to suffer and play at Allen.