Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best and worst fields in the 15th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know that baseball has not started yet. But from last year what is the best field and the worst field in the 15th region
Pikeville has a nice baseball field
If you don't want bad hops....Pikeville. But I love the grass!!!! Old fogey here I guess.
Several nice fields, But I hate all of the Floyd Co. fields.....They are just terrible.
All the Pike Co. fields are at least nice and Paintsville's is OK, JC is OK, Lawrence Co. is really nice....might be my favorite overall, But the rest of the 57th stinks.......SCHS's stinks both figuratively and litterally.
SC is the worse. But from I hear it will be much nicer in the future. Pikeville's is nice. But, I'm with GURU on this one I like grass better. So I would have to go with JC's field as my favorite. Just hate their Bleachers.
sc doesn't have the worst field.
OffTheHook Wrote:SC is the worse. But from I hear it will be much nicer in the future. Pikeville's is nice. But, I'm with GURU on this one I like grass better. So I would have to go with JC's field as my favorite. Just hate their Bleachers.

Hopefully this will be the last year for those awful bleachers. I have heard that after next year this field will be like a field of dreams. Just hope everything works out.
Prestonsburg's new field at Stone Crest is still under construction but looks great. Has potential to be the nicest in EKY.
Armchair QB Wrote:Prestonsburg's new field at Stone Crest is still under construction but looks great. Has potential to be the nicest in EKY.

Does anyone know if it will be ready this spring?
MAGOFFIN COUNTY field is going to be alot nicer. Over the offseason they have built new dugouts and made the backstop bigger and put up new fences
Armchair QB Wrote:Does anyone know if it will be ready this spring?

Yes they'll be using it in the Spring. Its supposed to have an indoor batting cage.
The only thing bad about JC's field is in day games, the sun sets right in center field and you cannot see a thing when your batting.
baseschucked Wrote:The only thing bad about JC's field is in day games, the sun sets right in center field and you cannot see a thing when your batting.
They are going to turn it after this years season. Homeplate will be where the big sycamore tree is in the the left field parking lot.
baseschucked Wrote:The only thing bad about JC's field is in day games, the sun sets right in center field and you cannot see a thing when your batting.
That is the only thing wrong with it but it is a nice field
I agree with everyone on the JC field.
Sheldon Clark (Stinks) Literally! Its not their fault though Sewer treatment plant right beside of field.

Pestonsburg field needs improvement.

Pike fields are all pretty nice
Now I know that our fields at Magoffin had have been neglected fo years. But we have worked hard the last 5-6 years building them up. The high school field in the last couple of has sod put down, lights repaired, batting cage built, etc.. But you will b every impressed this year when you see the new improvements that Coach David Gibson has worked so hard to get. New dugout, press boxes, fences, lights repaired.. We cant wait to hear the crack of the bat and cheers of the crazy parents like myself..

MC has a #1 field
MC also resodded the field.
It's still unknown if Prestonsburg field on Stonecrest will be ready for this season, but their indoor facility is basically done. In about a year or two, IMO, Prestonsburg will have the nicest facility.

Pikeville's is really nice, but I hate the turf.
NYY10 Wrote:Pikeville has a nice baseball field

Very Nice indeed NYY10
as a player i have played on all of these fields and have to say i love truf infields but not all around and i have fields that are combined football and baseball if you want to play no matter what yeah pikeville if you want a good old fashion field johnson central the only bad things the sun spot and the blechers but my faviorte to play at is lawrence the out field has some rolls and holes but you have to love where its at and the fans in right field great park
Pikeville has a great facility and i like the complex over at east ridge as well. Lawrence county has the best scoreboard by far, I love seeing ronald mcdonald hangin out back there.
sf has the worst feild by far no dug outs no lights its awful
maxhornet Wrote:I agree with everyone on the JC field.
Sheldon Clark (Stinks) Literally! Its not their fault though Sewer treatment plant right beside of field.

Pestonsburg field needs improvement.

Pike fields are all pretty nice
Now I know that our fields at Magoffin had have been neglected fo years. But we have worked hard the last 5-6 years building them up. The high school field in the last couple of has sod put down, lights repaired, batting cage built, etc.. But you will b every impressed this year when you see the new improvements that Coach David Gibson has worked so hard to get. New dugout, press boxes, fences, lights repaired.. We cant wait to hear the crack of the bat and cheers of the crazy parents like myself..

MC has a #1 field
Magoffin will have a chance to show off there new field as i think they host the district this year
sf_football Wrote:sf has the worst feild by far no dug outs no lights its awful

WHAAT? :yikes:
sf_football Wrote:sf has the worst feild by far no dug outs no lights its awful

The South Floyd field does have potential. The FC BOE needs to get busy and finish it up. Maybe the baseball boosters need to pay a visit to Fannin and the FCBOE. South Floyd has the only BOE owned baseball field in Floyd County, the BOE needs to step up and finish it. SF is scheduled to host the 58th district tourney this year and there are no dugouts, no fencing down 1st and 3rd base line and no lighting.

There are only 2 regulation HS baseball fields in Floyd County; Archer Park at Prestonsburg and Stumbo Park at Allen. The field at Archer Park was shared by Prestonsburg HS and Prestonsburg Little League's Junior and Senior League Teams. The field at Allen (Stumbo Park) was shared by Betsy Layne HS, Allen Central HS, HAP Junior League , Beaver Creek Junior League and a team from Job Corp played there often. I'm not sure if the Job Corp games were just pick up games or if they have teams there.
Pikeville, Johnson Central, and Paintsville. Prestonsburg and Allen Central are in need of a field, desperetly.
East Ridges Field is nice.
Eagle Eye Wrote:Hopefully this will be the last year for those awful bleachers. I have heard that after next year this field will be like a field of dreams. Just hope everything works out.

You have to love the administration of some school systems.

Your school is on the verge of a hostile state takeover and you are spending your dough building new fields instead of on better teachers, technology, field trips, EDUCATION in general, etc.

My retarded St. Bernard has more sense.
#1TigerFan Wrote:You have to love the administration of some school systems.

Your school is on the verge of a hostile state takeover and you are spending your dough building new fields instead of on better teachers, technology, field trips, EDUCATION in general, etc.

My retarded St. Bernard has more sense.
Hostile state takeover?? Whatever in this world are you going on about? That's just about one the dumbest statement I have ever read on here.

I would say that the JC school system probably spends more on technology for one single classroom than perhaps your school system does for their whole system. Guess it's just coincidence that the Johnson Co. School System is one of the highest rated school systems in the entire state or that our middle school has a current dynasty going on in Governor Cup competition.

Please take solice in this. Perhaps your St. Bernard is maybe not retarded after all. Perhaps he just picked up a few things along the way from it's owner, and he just appears that way.

If you want to write hate posts, please at least try to be a little more accurate with the information in what you want to try to hate over.
rooster Wrote:Hostile state takeover?? Whatever in this world are you going on about? That's just about one the dumbest statement I have ever read on here.

I would say that the JC school system probably spends more on technology for one single classroom than perhaps your school system does for their whole system. Guess it's just coincidence that the Johnson Co. School System is one of the highest rated school systems in the entire state or that our middle school has a current dynasty going on in Governor Cup competition.

Please take solice in this. Perhaps your St. Bernard is maybe not retarded after all. Perhaps he just picked up a few things along the way from it's owner, and he just appears that way.

If you want to write hate posts, please at least try to be a little more accurate with the information in what you want to try to hate over.

:Clap: Well Said.
JC is nice
Prestonsburg's new field will definitely be considered one of the nicest fields in the region when it's complete for this upcoming season!
Pages: 1 2