Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 1A East:Contenders or Pretenders?
And christmas is coming!
I can give a scoop on Raceland later
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Everyone keeps saying how young pikeville is what all they have coming back , you just might wanna look at Raceland they have a ton coming back

Who..
PHSForever Wrote:We shall see who will hammer whom.

Should be a dandy PHS!!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Who..

The online will return 5 starters , both running backs 2 receivers , d end , 2 linebackers , 2 safety’s snd a corner . And when Santa’s fat ass comes down the chimney he’ll find the happiest Ram fans since Ben Crosby tapped danced
Ho ho ho!!!
When does the next realignment happen? Hopefully a few schools that are in 2A come down to 1A, like Middleboro, Leslie County, etc. I have no idea if they are even close though. I know Prestonsburg isn't a independent school district and thus their enrollment will stay above the 1A level but that would be exciting. I'm kind of surprised Pikeville's enrollment has stayed low enough to remain in 1A, I know the road to Kroger Field would be much tougher for the Panthers in 2A but as a Pikeville fan I think it would be some exciting playoff games.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Everyone keeps saying how young pikeville is what all they have coming back , you just might wanna look at Raceland they have a ton coming back

When you return everyone but one senior starter from a team in 2017 that participated in one of the toughest football schedules in Single A - state wide, then that pretty much says it all . While this team was young last season, they grew up pretty quickly and gained valuable playing experience. Really shouldn't be any surprise where this team stands next season. Taking in consideration what the top four in the East returns in 2018, it will be very interesting.
My top 4 contender for 2018 in order.

1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
3. Raceland
4. Hazard

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
^^^^^^^ this guy lol
anotherfootballnut Wrote:^^^^^^^ this guy lol

Kinda like Paintsville being the underdog next season. Going to Raceland and winning the district will be tough.
64SUR Wrote:My top 4 contender for 2018 in order.

1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
3. Raceland
4. Hazard

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

That’s a very level headed Ranking in the 1A East for 2018! NUT let’s that orange cool aid blur his think’n! Just like The Rams supposedly getting Baker Mayfield added to the roster for Christmas!!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:That’s a very level headed Ranking in the 1A East for 2018! NUT let’s that orange cool aid blur his think’n! Just like The Rams supposedly getting Baker Mayfield added to the roster for Christmas!!

We are gettIng Baker mayfield !!!!!!! Sweet
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Paintsville should be right back in the mix. Receivers seniors James and Chris Allen. Junior’s JW Phelps and Jaylen Allen. Sophomore QB Hyden, along with C. Grimm, Z. Thompson, D Hall and a slew of other talent. The early regular season matchup with Pikeville will give us a good idea but expect it to be more of the same, hammer the Panthers and roll over the Ram’s in October for a 4th straight District Title! Kinda been the norm! Hopefully the Ram’s enjoyed their Regional title this year, The Tigers sure will in 18!!! :rockon:

Paintsville is Landlocked in the East....6 D-1 All Stars & still no sight of the SHIP
Gargamel Wrote:Paintsville is Landlocked in the East....6 D-1 All Stars & still no sight of the SHIP

Considering where they were 5 years ago. I’ll take the progress and the state of Tiger Football.
2000PHS Wrote:Considering where they were 5 years ago. I’ll take the progress and the state of Tiger Football.

Absolutely! Right In the thick of things! One of the Top teams in their Region! I’ll take it!!
2000PHS Wrote:Considering where they were 5 years ago. I’ll take the progress and the state of Tiger Football.

How they’ve gone about that progress is why they as a program don’t have any respect up & down the Big Sandy
Gargamel Wrote:How they’ve gone about that progress is why they as a program don’t have any respect up & down the Big Sandy
Not sure what you mean? And I’m positive you do not speak for everyone “up & down” the Big Sandy.
2000PHS Wrote:Not sure what you mean? And I’m positive you do not speak for everyone “up & down” the Big Sandy.

:lmao::thatsfunn:please:
2000PHS Wrote:Not sure what you mean? And I’m positive you do not speak for everyone “up & down” the Big Sandy.

It seems to always prove the difference in class when Paintsville fans support both Johnson County schools but Many Central Fans can’t get behind anyone other than themselves! Nothing like being a good neighbor!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:It seems to always prove the difference in class when Paintsville fans support both Johnson County schools but Many Central Fans can’t get behind anyone other than themselves! Nothing like being a good neighbor!
So ALL Paintsville fans support Central? You’re making it sound like Paintsville fans are the only ones capable of showing support or class both ways but yet I’ve seen some Central fans on here show support to Paintsville. Y’all (Paintsville and Central) need either therapy, an intervention, or sit around a campfire and sing “Kumbayah” to work out your hate for one another. Lol
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:It seems to always prove the difference in class when Paintsville fans support both Johnson County schools but Many Central Fans can’t get behind anyone other than themselves! Nothing like being a good neighbor!
So ALL Paintsville fans support Central? You’re making it sound like Paintsville fans are the only ones capable of showing support or class both ways but yet I’ve seen some Central fans on here show support to Paintsville. Y’all (Paintsville and Central) need either therapy, an intervention, or sit around a campfire and sing “Kumbayah” to work out your hate for one another. Lol
Sorry all. For some reason, my posts keep double posting. Appreciate it if a mod could delete one
PHSForever Wrote:So ALL Paintsville fans support Central? You’re making it sound like Paintsville fans are the only ones capable of showing support or class both ways but yet I’ve seen some Central fans on here show support to Paintsville. Y’all (Paintsville and Central) need either therapy, an intervention, or sit around a campfire and sing “Kumbayah” to work out your hate for one another. Lol

All I can go by is what is stated on this board. The Central posters that chime in Paintsville threads, rarely have anything remotely close to a positive message about the Tigers. However, the opposite is true in return. If you can’t agree that is true then you just aren’t paying attention. The “hate” at least in this message board, for the most part, is a one way street.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:What do you mean it never happens here? 41% of our entire school population is out of district. If it wasnt for transfers we wouldnt survive as a school.

I see a true so called transfer as a player coming in as a High school player. 95% of all our out of district kids have been with the program since JFL or at least middle school. Just how I see it, you don’t have to agree. Both transfers this past year that played actually live in district. If your not getting transfers from out of district then you won’t be able to compete. Period....:Like it or Lump it.......We have competed with much bigger schools year in and year out being a single A school just like many other Single A school in the state.....When you have only so many kids to choose from, a transfer sometimes defines a team....
Lots of parity among the top four teams—I don’t see the East representative coming from any of the others.
I agree. Everyone loses some key pieces but return alot of stability as well. Pikeville, imo has to be the preseason favorite in the east, with all of what they return from a team that was 3 points away from playing beechwood in the title. No one is leaps and bounds ahead of neone else though. Raceland will probably be better offensively, but will lose alot upfront defensively. But there is alot of work already being done in the weightroom to remedy that. Hazard is hazard and if they can avoid the injury bug that has hit them hard over the last 3 or 4 years, will be right back where they usually are. Williamsburg is my dark horse to play spoiler next year for someone. It will be another tight post season for sure. But it will come down to Pikeville, Raceland, Paintsville, and Hazard again.
After seeing Beechwood first hamd again though, Im just not sure anyone cam hang with the quality numbers they put on the field year in amd year out. When you can play 30 or so kids and not lose much, its a hard thing to deal with for the apposing team.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:After seeing Beechwood first hamd again though, Im just not sure anyone cam hang with the quality numbers they put on the field year in amd year out. When you can play 30 or so kids and not lose much, its a hard thing to deal with for the apposing team.

Beating a team like Beechwood requires a very balanced game plan and you have to play efficiently and make minimal mistakes. As we saw in the championship game things can get really bad quickly if you are unable to manage the tempo of the game against a team like that. Talent wise they aren't much better than the top teams in the East but it is their ability to execute that separates them and makes them good.
Orange Blaze Wrote:Beating a team like Beechwood requires a very balanced game plan and you have to play efficiently and make minimal mistakes. As we saw in the championship game things can get really bad quickly if you are unable to manage the tempo of the game against a team like that. Talent wise they aren't much better than the top teams in the East but it is their ability to execute that separates them and makes them good.

One of the things that make them what they are is discipline. They have always been well coached and disciplined as far back as i can remember.