Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2018 1A East:Contenders or Pretenders?
So, looking ahead to the 2018 season, how do you all feel it falls in terms of contenders and pretenders? Here’s my thoughts:

Contenders
1) Pikeville
2) Raceland
3) Hazard
4) Paintsville
5) Williamsburg

BIG GAP

Pretenders
6) Nicholas County
7) Pineville
8) Lynn Camp
9) Phelps
10) Harlan

This is about how is see the EAST side in terms of where they are right now with the current personnel that we know to be coming back, and their chances of getting to Kroger Field.

Thoughts?
You have Pineville too high and Lynn Camp too low.
Until Williamsburg learns how to stop the run, they are a pretender.
I’ll wait to see what Santa brings Raceland before i decide if they are # 1 or 2
I agree with HCS but it's not a large discrepancy. Just switch #7 and #8 and that would be better, IMO.
PHSForever Wrote:So, looking ahead to the 2018 season, how do you all feel it falls in terms of contenders and pretenders? Here’s my thoughts:

Contenders
1) Pikeville
2) Raceland
3) Hazard
4) Paintsville
5) Williamsburg

Thoughts?

The top 4 is the same every year in some order...
PHSForever Wrote:So, looking ahead to the 2018 season, how do you all feel it falls in terms of contenders and pretenders? Here’s my thoughts:

Contenders
1) Pikeville
2) Raceland
3) Hazard
4) Paintsville
5) Williamsburg

BIG GAP

Pretenders
6) Nicholas County
7) Pineville
8) Lynn Camp
9) Phelps
10) Harlan

This is about how is see the EAST side in terms of where they are right now with the current personnel that we know to be coming back, and their chances of getting to Kroger Field.

Thoughts?

Top 4 are all you need to see. It will be decided between them. One of them gets Beechwood in Lexington.

Contenders
1) Pikeville
2) Raceland
3) Hazard
4) Paintsville
5) Williamsburg

BIG GAP

Pretenders
6) Nicholas County
7) Pineville
8) Lynn Camp
9) Phelps
10) Harlan

Thoughts?

I agree with Pikeville, honestly they should be the the preseason number 1 in single A. Only losing two kids on a state semi-finalist, just wow!

Raceland graduates a lot from what I read on this site and the gap between them and Pikeville was non-existent this year. A game winning field goal is as even as it gets.

Hazard I believe loses a lot as well.

Paintsville should have a really good group of freshman that will become sophomores that transferred from Floyd county to start this year. Would have to say they are rebuilding this year but will be good.

Williamsburg tends to be good every three or four years. Imagine they will be strong but the gap to Pikeville will be big.

Honestly... everyone but Pikeville is a pretender right now in my eyes. Not that we haven't heard this before, but Pikeville and Beechwood should be on a collision course.
And hazard and beechwood were on a colision couorse this year
Here comes Santa Claus , here comes Santa claus right down 23 , her comes Santa Claus here comes Santa Claus how many will he bring?
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Here comes Santa Claus , here comes Santa claus right down 23 , her comes Santa Claus here comes Santa Claus how many will he bring?

Which direction on 23 is Ole St. Nick transporting? North up 23 or South down 23? Sounds like an interesting discussion point for the off season. A new thread called "Name that Ram".

Contenders
1) Pikeville
2) Raceland
3) Hazard
4) Paintsville
5) Williamsburg

BIG GAP

Pretenders
6) Nicholas County
7) Pineville
8) Lynn Camp
9) Phelps
10) Harlan

Thoughts?

Looks right to me. I would have put them in the same order. Also agree with bball fan, Pikeville will lead the pack in 2018 all the way to Kroger field. When a football team returns everyone with that much experience except for one starter, along with great coaching, then the odds are more than great. A contender for sure.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Which direction on 23 is Ole St. Nick transporting? North up 23 or South down 23? Sounds like an interesting discussion point for the off season. A new thread called "Name that Ram".

23 just rimes , bridge didn’t
I hate to bring up painful memories, but don’t forget that Williamsburg had back-to-back championship appearances in ‘13 and ‘14. Not that long ago.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I’ll wait to see what Santa brings Raceland before i decide if they are # 1 or 2
Y’all dreaming of more striped shirts and yellow hankies as stocking stuffers? Lol
RamsFan Wrote:I hate to bring up painful memories, but don’t forget that Williamsburg had back-to-back championship appearances in ‘13 and ‘14. Not that long ago.

If Williamsburg can stay healthy they will be a dangerous team.. Lynn Camp will be solId too. But both will need there defense to step up.
PHSForever Wrote:Y’all dreaming of more striped shirts and yellow hankies as stocking stuffers? Lol

Nope tissues for you to wipe the tears
How about we do this. We play it out and when it’s time to send a team from the east to Lexington we send a all star team from the last four playing in the east?Its the only way we are gonna compete with Beechwood on a yearly basis
Sure looked that way last Friday .. I’m hearing their enrollment has grown so much they are at least 2A maybe even 3A .. we will find out soon
It was a well oiled machine....and I’m here to tell anybody that thinks Pikeville should be pre season number one your crazy.Pikeville might be the best in the east but as far as all of class A....No!!!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:It was a well oiled machine....and I’m here to tell anybody that thinks Pikeville should be pre season number one your crazy.Pikeville might be the best in the east but as far as all of class A....No!!!

Defiantly # 1 in the East, and most likely pre season #2.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:It was a well oiled machine....and I’m here to tell anybody that thinks Pikeville should be pre season number one your crazy.Pikeville might be the best in the east but as far as all of class A....No!!!

We’ll oiled machine or deer in headlights? Raceland sure didn’t play their best game of the season
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Sure looked that way last Friday .. I’m hearing their enrollment has grown so much they are at least 2A maybe even 3A .. we will find out soon

Beechwood may end up in 2A on the next realignment, they are not even remotely close to being a 3A school.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:How about we do this. We play it out and when it’s time to send a team from the east to Lexington we send a all star team from the last four playing in the east?Its the only way we are gonna compete with Beechwood on a yearly basis

Hate to disagree RAMDAD50. It took only one team in the East to beat those Tigers in 2015.:dontthink
I would love to see a single A east/west all star game...
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Nope tissues for you to wipe the tears
No tears here. Moved on and they boys were already hitting off season program Monday after the game. We’ll see how 2018 goes.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Nope tissues for you to wipe the tears
No tears here. Moved on and they boys were already hitting off season program Monday after the game. We’ll see how 2018 goes.
Another team in the east and that’s Paris. Don’t sleep on them. They return some talent.
The bigger question here is could hazard have gotten to lex beaten Beechwood of they were fully healthy this year.
i believe if Hazard was healthy they would’ve had a great chance to be the team that came out of the east but I think that Beechwood still wins! They were a very good team.They converted 15 out of 18 this downs, and I’m pretty sure most of them were five yards or less! They played a very good game.Very well coached.Nobody from the east had anything for them this year!