Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O.J. Mayo Cited for Marijuana Possession
cig107 Wrote:you should be your kids' role model Arby...and OJ mayo is alot bigger in high school than Kevin Durant and Greg Oden were...I remember Kevin Durant coming to east ridge as a freshman and no one had heard of him. I heard of OJ Mayo when he was in 8th grade.

Man you heard of OJ when he was in 8th grade because he was from KY and because ESPN did the special on high school basketball in Kentucky. Hell I was on that about 6 times, big deal. Yeah, Durant and Oden weren't heard of, just that they both woulda been drafted outta high school til they put that rule into effect that you had to go to college.
bizmark Wrote:everybody makes mistakes hes just in the spotlight so his are put right out in the open for every body to see and criticize him about. maybe hes a thug, maybe not. nobody on here knows the guy and you all know nothing about him. hes still just in high school and is gonna mess up from time to time.

Typical NBA prospect
Old school Dawg Wrote:Disagreeing with everything I have read on here I would still take Oden over durant!!

you are insane. kevin durant is THE MAN!!!!! national player of the year... need i say more. best college basketball player in the country
bizmark Wrote:you are insane. kevin durant is THE MAN!!!!! national player of the year... need i say more. best college basketball player in the country
You will see!!!Lets have this discussion in two years and see who is where.I think durant is very good too.I just think Oden,,now that he is almost completely healthy he will be the best of the two.How would durant have been if he would have had to do what Oden did,,,shoot left handed?
Midee1 Wrote:Sounds to me like a typical teenage screw up. I have teenage kids and if you think that all of them are angels then you are sadly mistaken. As others have said he is just scrutinized more because of the media.

How many of us did stupid stuff like this when we were younger? I would venture to guess quite a few.

How many got caught? Probably several.

How many made the news? I would say very few because we were just average kids and didn't warrant a news article about our screw ups.
Very good post.I hope you dont think Im saying he is an angel,,but it seems here in appalachia some people are self-righteous and want to condemn people for the rest of their lives without knowing the facts.He has been exploited by the adults around him is what I think.Treat him in your judgements as if he were your child or brother.On here I say I dont think our high school basketball teams have as much talent as in the past and Im considered the devil.I try not to condemn a young man and Im also seen as a devil.So you can be misjudged on here very easily!!
Old school Dawg Wrote:You will see!!!Lets have this discussion in two years and see who is where.I think durant is very good too.I just think Oden,,now that he is almost completely healthy he will be the best of the two.How would durant have been if he would have had to do what Oden did,,,shoot left handed?

This explains all your posts for me.... You are from Ohio
NO Im from Sistersville west Virginia which is another place that is looked down on from SOME people from eastern Ky/
thepharmacist Wrote:This explains all your posts for me.... You are from Ohio

Where in that post do you get that he is from Ohio and what would that have to do with his opinion on the subject?
Why do you guys hate him so much...??
cig107 Wrote:Why do you guys hate him so much...??
I dont why either but they sure dislike him.I think they need to take their hoods off sometimes.
Mayo played at Rose Hill...then Huntington...He is an example
of how unregulated AAU ball creates the "out-for-me, out-for-me"
superstar player who shops for opportunities for more exposure
and "big venue" access. Mayo is not the devil incarnate. He
is a teenager who is a great basketball player. When the stakes
are millions of dollars secured as a top pick in the NBA draft, all
kinds of boundaries get crossed, mostly by adults.
:Clap:
thecavemaster Wrote:Mayo played at Rose Hill...then Huntington...He is an example
:Clap:
Old school Dawg Wrote:You must be on drugs.They are even considering taking that refs license away for his dive!
I dont care if he did push the Ref or not. He went after the ref and thats what he gets. Dont even try to blame the media on his mistakes either. If I go and kill someone I cant say well my Dad didnt raise me right.
Old school Dawg Wrote:every post on here is typical of rednecks.He hit a ref,,that is the biggest lie.and he was not arrested.

AMEN

even though people call him a thug. he didnt hit the ref that was probably the fakest fall i have ever seen in my life. and that was the lowest thing you could do to get a little publicity. he would have had to been 5 years old and weigh about 60 pounds to fall that fast and that hard and that far across the floor.

what about these other not as talented players getting busted with possession of marijuana. they dont get this much bashing.
i haven't heard about thar
but now i know oj mayo is of the top players in the nation
dont mess that up oj
Kid is a 19 year old Senior that had a couple incidents while he was at North College Hill and now he is having trouble in Huntington. Lets not make excuses for bad behavior. Thats the problem with kids today especially the ones who excel in athletics and are always being pampered. Its time they be held rersponsibile.
BigZig Wrote:Kid is a 19 year old Senior that had a couple incidents while he was at North College Hill and now he is having trouble in Huntington. Lets not make excuses for bad behavior. Thats the problem with kids today especially the ones who excel in athletics and are always being pampered. Its time they be held rersponsibile.
Very True
thecavemaster Wrote:Mayo played at Rose Hill...then Huntington...He is an example
dont forget a 3 year fling i cincinatti in between those two places.
Arbys Man Wrote:I dont care if he did push the Ref or not. He went after the ref and thats what he gets. Dont even try to blame the media on his mistakes either. If I go and kill someone I cant say well my Dad didnt raise me right.
Are you KKK?
Well, He will find out what a TRUE Thug is when he gets to Cali! If he continues to run with the same type of people he is running with now. He will return to WV in a body bag or end up in the system some where. He needs to realize that he is 19 and now pays the price as an adult! The childish stuff is over.
I think the whole OJ thing is SAD.
To have his talent and potential and to take chances to blow it.
I am in now way upholding him, but when I was 19 I done stupid things to. He could
have an easy living ahead of him,if he will use his head. I hope he gets some
direction before it is to late. We are Eastern KY. but he is pretty close and that
will be a place on the map for our little towns - if he stays on track!
gangsta
If it walks like a duck, quakes like a duke, looks like a duck, I guess its a duck.....
Old school Dawg Wrote:Are you KKK?
You are so Funny.
BlueBells Wrote:If it walks like a duck, quakes like a duke, looks like a duck, I guess its a duck.....
i got a buddy named duke but he sure dont look like OJ
Arbys Man Wrote:Ok he gets in fights at school, carries a gun on him, hits a ref and now gets caught smoking weed. Yea hes a good guy isnt he.

He never hit that ref, watch the vid.
Arbys Man Wrote:You are so Funny.
Well I was trying to be arby,s.I know your not kkk but I believe there are still racists in eastern kentucky.OJ came to First Baptist when he was at Rose Hill and gave the best talk ever to some fifth graders and that has stayed with me.I have talked to him myself and he isnt a gansta but maybe I should use some of these posts to pteach against THAT STINKIN RAP MUSIC.Disco was attemped when I was in HS in the 70,s but we didnt embrace it at all like the kids today fell for CRap I mean rap.