Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
St. X
15.38%
Trinity
84.62%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Xavier vs. Trinity (6A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:When did Corbin switch from independent and become public? If that's the case they'll be in some major trouble, because 70% of the kids don't live in the school district. Lol. Heck, with the exception of one kid on the Corbin starting lineup in basketball should be going to other schools. 100% fact. "Public" schools can't do that. If you don't see an advantage there, you need to take off those rose colored glasses.

Dude I'm not even fooling with you. No one said Corbin didn't have an advantages, you would know that if you had ANY comprehension skills. It was they don't have an OVERALL advantage over county schools. Also, your "FACT" is just a flat out lie. If that's what you choose to believe then so be it, some believe the earth is still flat, good for them I guess. But you're just another Corbin hater that's jealous of something they don't have. I would say I pity you, but I don't. The funny part is the JAGUAR/BIRD part of your name. Pretty sure it was north laurel that had 3- we will just call them "foreign"- exchange students on their team at one point, all who went D1. I'm sure that's just a coincidence. And south laurel, who had a center who was all state year ago named Fields who I KNOW lived in CLAY county. So take your tinted glasses off before you look at what corbin does. It's also a pretty unhealthy obsession. :moon:
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:When did Corbin switch from independent and become public? If that's the case they'll be in some major trouble, because 70% of the kids don't live in the school district. Lol. Heck, with the exception of one kid on the Corbin starting lineup in basketball should be going to other schools. 100% fact. "Public" schools can't do that. If you don't see an advantage there, you need to take off those rose colored glasses.

Independent schools are public by definition. I don't know if you are joking or if you don't know that.
My final take on the 6A and private schools is the publics outside of Jefferson County requested to play in the top level in 1974 for the 1975 season (back then only 4 classes). The public schools welcomed a crack at Trinity and St. Xavier annually. The KHSAA is not going to throw them out for having "unfair advantages" or inherent advantages.

Now, back on topic, it is going to be a beautiful day at Kroger Field. The high is forecast at 58 and with the sunshine is going to feel like 63! Plenty of seats and parking available. There are at least five division 1 players in this game. It will be a spirited contest and there will be 200 players on the sidelines between the two schools. I hope many of you who do not have a dog in the fight will come out to see this titanic struggle for the 2017 6A crown.
Its going to be 58 degrees and sunny so it will feel like 63 on the Trinity side. But its going to be 58 degrees and sunny but it will feel like 32 degrees on the St. X side. Its one thing to lose in a championship game, but it has really got to suck to lose to your arch rivals.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Independent schools are public by definition. I don't know if you are joking or if you don't know that.

If you have to pay a tuition, it's not public. Not sure if you don't know that, or you are joking.