Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
St. X
15.38%
Trinity
84.62%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St. Xavier vs. Trinity (6A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
Thoughts?
Trinity
Trinity wins ...
Trinity will continue their recent dominance of the Tigers. St. Xavier allowed 35 points to Scott County tonight while relying on several turnovers to score their 48.

Trinity won the first 2017 tilt 28-0. I expect much the same. I believe Trinity will unleash Rondale Moore in his final high school game. Trinity will exploit the Tigers defense and coast to a 35-7 victory and State Championship #25.
Moore is the difference maker in this game. Best player on the field should provide the explosiveness to win the game.
Trinity 35-14
Trinity by 20
Does anybody outside of Louisville care about this game? This is a serious question..... Two Catholic schools from Louisville that would beat any public 6A school in the state playing for the state title..... big deal.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I am a Connect the Dots type of guy..... There is a reason the KHSAA put this as the only game on Sunday, 6A football isn't relevant.

I don't mean to offend, I promise. Just want the feedback and opinions of others.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Trinity - 35
St X - 17
Trinity will roll.
I guess the exciting part is we are going to have a catholic school out of Louisville as our state's 6A state champion. TongueirateSho. TongueirateSho. TongueirateSho. How exciting. At least the site of the game will be different. Save A Lot Field will be a welcome change I'm sure.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Does anybody outside of Louisville care about this game? This is a serious question..... Two Catholic schools from Louisville that would beat any public 6A school in the state playing for the state title..... big deal.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I am a Connect the Dots type of guy..... There is a reason the KHSAA put this as the only game on Sunday, 6A football isn't relevant.

I don't mean to offend, I promise. Just want the feedback and opinions of others.

Everyone who is a fan of good football and not just a fan of their home team will care.

They are the #1 and #3 teams in the state and they have a rivalry that spices up the game even more. I think my Rocks will win but St. X has definitely improved since the last game and it will be a fight to take the title.

Plus, this game will get more national attention than any of the others thanks to Rondale Moore, who is a treat to watch regardless of who you root for.
Trinity 35-14
This is a big game. Trinity is ranked from 4-12 in the national polls. A win and state title should lock in a top 10 rankings. Remember, there are 14,000 high school football teams. Pretty big honor in my book.
Prime time Trinity TongueirateSho

Trinity 49
St.X 07
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Does anybody outside of Louisville care about this game? This is a serious question..... Two Catholic schools from Louisville that would beat any public 6A school in the state playing for the state title..... big deal.

I am fine with a return to the Jefferson County champion being the state's big school champion. This is how it started in 1959 and remained the same through 1974. The state public schools outside Jefferson County begged the KHSAA to let them play in the big school division. This made the smaller state publics very happy. The big school publics want to cry "unfair" and have complained ever since 1975.

So yes, the 6A title game does mean something. This playoff system is set up so Trinity and St. X can only meet in the final once each four season rotation. We have no idea how it shakes out in 2019-2022.

I do not hear the same level of whining about swimming, tennis, basketball, baseball, etc.
Trinity by 14.
Trinity
11-0 vs top 7000
6-0 vs top 1000

St X
9-2 vs top 7000
3-2 vs top 1000
I will care when Trinity and X and all the other private schools have to play by the same limitations as the pubic schools.
Or better yet
I say go back to 4 public school classes and two private school classes. Then I will care.

Trinity 41-6
Willie Turnover Wrote:I will care when Trinity and X and all the other private schools have to play by the same limitations as the pubic schools.
Or better yet
I say go back to 4 public school classes and two private school classes. Then I will care.

Trinity 41-6

'Go back' to 4 public classes and 2 privates?

KY has never had six classes before the current system and has never separated public and private before.

Also, I don't know what exactly you mean by limitations, but all private schools follow the same set of KHSAA rules as the public schools.
With 33 teams listed in Class 6A.... Only 15 out of the 120 counties have at least one 6A football team. If you drew a line from where Campbell County meets Ohio straight down in between McCreary & Whitley Counties, there are no 6A teams East of that line.

9 teams from the Lex/Richmond/Winchester/GTown area.
6 teams from NKY.
10 teams from Jefferson County.
2 teams from Hardin County.

That's twenty seven teams from seven counties and all seven are some of the biggest metro areas in the state. The remaining six teams are scattered in six separate counties in the Western part of the state.

I could be way off base, but I feel pretty confident in saying there is a major disconnect feeling from 6A to the rest of the classes.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
CarzyRock Wrote:'Go back' to 4 public classes and 2 privates?

KY has never had six classes before the current system and has never separated public and private before.

Also, I don't know what exactly you mean by limitations, but all private schools follow the same set of KHSAA rules as the public schools.

By limitations, I think he means legally recruiting. Public schools can't have kids living in different counties attend their schools. (legally.) I know the arguments that are going to be thrown out there, but private and public schools don't play by the same rules at all, regardless of the justification.

I dislike most things to do with Louisville, but I would probably rather watch the St.X-Trinity game than any of the others just for the quality of play and competitiveness.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:By limitations, I think he means legally recruiting. Public schools can't have kids living in different counties attend their schools. (legally.) I know the arguments that are going to be thrown out there, but private and public schools don't play by the same rules at all, regardless of the justification.

I dislike most things to do with Louisville, but I would probably rather watch the St.X-Trinity game than any of the others just for the quality of play and competitiveness.

Nobody can recruit legally, including private schools. If you've heard anything that indicates they are recruiting please report it to the KHSAA.

Trinity's reputation for success and strong football tradition draws players without any need to recruit.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:With 33 teams listed in Class 6A.... Only 15 out of the 120 counties have at least one 6A football team. If you drew a line from where Campbell County meets Ohio straight down in between McCreary & Whitley Counties, there are no 6A teams East of that line.

6 teams from NKY.

That's twenty seven teams from seven counties and all seven are some of the biggest metro areas in the state. The remaining six teams are scattered in six separate counties in the Western part of the state.

I could be way off base, but I feel pretty confident in saying there is a major disconnect feeling from 6A to the rest of the classes.

You use your own point, the most populous areas in the state have many 6A teams. So shouldn't that mean there are many people who care about it?

Or is your statement, 'there are no 6A schools schools near me so I don't know anyone who cares'?

In all honesty there are few 1A schools in Louisville so I don't pay much attention to the class, but I don't disparage it just because of a lack of personal interest.
CarzyRock Wrote:Nobody can recruit legally, including private schools. If you've heard anything that indicates they are recruiting please report it to the KHSAA.

Trinity's reputation for success and strong football tradition draws players without any need to recruit.

:biglmao: Ok....If you truly believe that, I feel for you. I guess it's just all coincidences that a lot of kids from Indiana and surrounding counties that decide to transfer to Trinity, St.X, ect, happen to be 6'4" 300lb+ kids, or kids running a 4.3 40? Lol.
Or, that a family of an exceptional athlete that happens to be poor, can bring their kid to a school with a tuition of $40K a year. You all are just some lucky people up that way I guess. Lol. I honestly couldn't care less if you recruit everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. I just think everyone should be able to do the same.
CarzyRock Wrote:'Go back' to 4 public classes and 2 privates?

You are right I should of posted "go to" instead of "go back to".

I was told by a former Trinity Assistant coach that he had to pick up and drive home a running back 45 miles each way into Indiana 6 days a week during football season. That's 180 miles a day,

Now I would report it to the Khsaa but this occurred in the 80's.

I honestly do not know the answer to this question but didn't they vote to separate the public and private schools a few years back and the legislature blocked it from happening?

We probably should get back to the game. It should be a $ maker for the KHSAA. Good luck to both teams.

Finally I am glad this is BGR because if I posted this on that other site I would of gotten banned for the third time.Confusedhh:
Trinity 35 StX 7
Trinity early and often. Liked to of seen Scott against Trinity.
Trinity 34
St. Xavier 7

Rocks win their 8th title in 11 years.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:With 33 teams listed in Class 6A.... Only 15 out of the 120 counties have at least one 6A football team. If you drew a line from where Campbell County meets Ohio straight down in between McCreary & Whitley Counties, there are no 6A teams East of that line.

6 teams from NKY.

I'm interested to see the the numbers next year.
There are a few 5A teams that are currently playing up to 6A.
I'm pretty sure had one or two NKY schools not asked to play up, it would have put North Laurel in 6A. That would more or less make football at that school irrelevant. Doubt they'd even bother with district play.