Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Danville
47.22%
Mayfield
52.78%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville vs. Mayfield (2A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
toolaidback Wrote:According to all the folks over on Max Preps, Boyle and Danville are quite the underdogs. Gotta watch those teams from title town.

Who are these Max Preps folks you speak of?
This is fun!!! My favorite time of the year!!! It feels like Christmas morning every morning this week!!!
Danville 24
Mayfield 14

I think Danville has been the best team all season in 2A, and I think they'll win this one as well in what should be a very good game.
Let's talk travel arrangements. In BG, I always knew where to find everybody, but this Lex stuff is all new to me. Where we staying MF peeps?
Danville by 2TDS
I bet I may be the only one on here that has seen both play. All I got to see was the Danville/ LCA game but, I did see it. I think the Ads match up pretty well. I don't think they can stop Mayfield from scoring 30 though. Now, that means Mayfield needs to hold the Ads to less than that. I like our chances.
I have only seen Mayfield play this year so I cant say too much about this game... but i will give a prediction... Its a barn burner for most of the game and Mayfield does what Mayfield does and pulls away late in the fourth

Mayfield 35
Danville 24
Kracken Wrote:Who are these Max Preps folks you speak of?

It's a mythical forum somewhere out in the land of the internet. I'm just going by second hand knowledge. Confusednicker:
The fish dude on other site is saying Danville kid runs a 4.28. Bahahaha. LMAO.
Kracken Wrote:The fish dude on other site is saying Danville kid runs a 4.28. Bahahaha. LMAO.

Q Cherry is faster than Van cleave. You can look it up, Cherry was 3rd in the state in the 100 meter dash while Vancleave didn't run last year but the time he did he came in 7th. Cherrys time was faster. Cherry is 6'3" 240 Defensive end
Kracken Wrote:The fish dude on other site is saying Danville kid runs a 4.28. Bahahaha. LMAO.

https://www.amnews.com/2017/11/24/vancle...-the-year/
Hatz Wrote:https://www.amnews.com/2017/11/24/vancle...-the-year/

He is a great player and fast and quick. Mayfield will have their hands full stopping him. With that being said I have doubts on his speed times since that's world class and you can look it up where all these high school players claim these amazing 40 yd times but in college somehow are slower. No doubt he is fast though.
Hatz Wrote:https://www.amnews.com/2017/11/24/vancle...-the-year/

Exactly, 4.39. That 4.28 hand-timed is a joke. Surely you don't believe he runs a legitimate 4.28. If so, you just lost your credibility card. That would make him faster than most of the receivers in the NFL. Deion Sanders ran a 4.27. VC is really, really fast, but come on, be realistic.
Kracken Wrote:Exactly, 4.39. That 4.28 hand-timed is a joke. Surely you don't believe he runs a legitimate 4.28. If so, you just lost your credibility card. That would make him faster than most of the receivers in the NFL. Deion Sanders ran a 4.27. VC is really, really fast, but come on, be realistic.

I didn’t write the article. Just provided it for your discussion. :Thumbs:
Snakesnot Wrote:He is a great player and fast and quick. Mayfield will have their hands full stopping him. With that being said I have doubts on his speed times since that's world class and you can look it up where all these high school players claim these amazing 40 yd times but in college somehow are slower. No doubt he is fast though.

:Thumbs: totally agree
Calpreps sure doesnt like Mayfield they have Danville by 17.
If Mayfield gives Van Cleave space they will be in trouble, the only team to stop him this year was Boyle so I would be watching that film to see what they did different. Everybody this year said the same thing about him until the game was over and was shell shocked. Won’t be long we will see the outcome.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Calpreps sure doesnt like Mayfield they have Danville by 17.

Had us losing Friday too.
blackandgold4life Wrote:If Mayfield gives Van Cleave space they will be in trouble, the only team to stop him this year was Boyle so I would be watching that film to see what they did different. Everybody this year said the same thing about him until the game was over and was shell shocked. Won’t be long we will see the outcome.

I would imagine our staff has seen every game.
IMO, Danville has played the better schedule and should be the favorite in this game, but, Mayfield's schedule has been pretty solid, as well. I expect it to be close, either way.
Quoting Unger from the longest yard "he's fast real fast it's just he's so fast" All kidding aside I consider myself to be a Mayfield football connoisseur LOL seeing this kid on video I don't feel we have anyone in the open field that will catch him I know I will be rebuked for this statement but it is my opinion. With that being said I don't think he will be running free with the ball to often. I think our D line will be rushing the QB not giving him time to get down field for passes and wont get outside our ends on jet sweeps and nobody runs up the middle. At least this is how it plays out in my head LOL
Fast kids tend to slowdown when they get smoked. I bet he hadn't faced anyone quite like Mayfield. 4.28 is bull.......
CARDFAN16 Wrote:Quoting Unger from the longest yard "he's fast real fast it's just he's so fast" All kidding aside I consider myself to be a Mayfield football connoisseur LOL seeing this kid on video I don't feel we have anyone in the open field that will catch him I know I will be rebuked for this statement but it is my opinion. With that being said I don't think he will be running free with the ball to often. I think our D line will be rushing the QB not giving him time to get down field for passes and wont get outside our ends on jet sweeps and nobody runs up the middle. At least this is how it plays out in my head LOL

I agree, he gets loose , he's gone, kinda like Milton Wright who did nothing. I expect VanCleave to do some damage but can they stop us consistently. The juggernaut Waggoner put 46 on Danville so there's some holes somewhere. The great Knox Central put 28 on Danville...hmm
Snakesnot Wrote:I agree, he gets loose , he's gone, kinda like Milton Wright who did nothing. I expect VanCleave to do some damage but can they stop us consistently. The juggernaut Waggoner put 46 on Danville so there's some holes somewhere. The great Knox Central put 28 on Danville...hmm

I was at the Knox vs Danville game and Knox committed 8 turnovers.........I'm pretty sure.
64SUR Wrote:I was at the Knox vs Danville game and Knox committed 8 turnovers.........I'm pretty sure.

Close 64. It was 7.

Danville had 3.
64SUR Wrote:I was at the Knox vs Danville game and Knox committed 8 turnovers.........I'm pretty sure.

Knox or Danville committed 8 turnovers?
Snakesnot Wrote:I agree, he gets loose , he's gone, kinda like Milton Wright who did nothing. I expect VanCleave to do some damage but can they stop us consistently. The juggernaut Waggoner put 46 on Danville so there's some holes somewhere. The great Knox Central put 28 on Danville...hmm

I don’t think Danville’s defense is some immovable object.

But those scores were early in the year through some injuries and against deeper teams.

Just like i see Mayfield giving up 31 to Graves County or 27 to Mc cracker as anomalies for the Cardinal D.
Kracken Wrote:Knox or Danville committed 8 turnovers?

See my above post.
Hatz Wrote:I don’t think Danville’s defense is some immovable object.

But those scores were early in the year through some injuries and against deeper teams.

Just like i see Mayfield giving up 31 to Graves County or 27 to Mc cracker as anomalies for the Cardinal D.

I agree, there are some deficiencies for Mayfield. But the 3A Waggoner who lost 7 games musta caught Danville napping. I know Waggoner has one great player but one player shouldn't do that much damage. These things may mean nothing either way but like I said both teams have holes and it's up to the coaches to exploit them
smoke1015 Wrote:You are batspit crazy! Running clock?? Danville may not win this game (I think they will), but that is nuts.

:biglmao:
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next