Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Danville
47.22%
Mayfield
52.78%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville vs. Mayfield (2A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
Thoughts?
Danville 21-14.
Danville 28-14
Danville 28 Mayfield 27
I’ll make a bet now. Danville gets clocked. Seen both teams play.
Danville playoff run to Lexington was a lot easier then Mayfields I’ll tell you that.

It’s supposed to be a good game, but I’m here to tell you Mayfield will put a running clock on Danville.

Not a Mayfield fan. I said it all along even before the O’cath/ Mayfield game. I said whoever wins the game I’ll root for the rest of the way.

Mayfield by 36
Time Will Tell Wrote:I’ll make a bet now. Danville gets clocked. Seen both teams play.
Danville playoff run to Lexington was a lot easier then Mayfields I’ll tell you that.

It’s supposed to be a good game, but I’m here to tell you Mayfield will put a running clock on Danville.

Not a Mayfield fan. I said it all along even before the O’cath/ Mayfield game. I said whoever wins the game I’ll root for the rest of the way.

Mayfield by 36

You're out of your mind with the running clock stuff Confusednicker:
Not out of my mind.
They will dominate Danville. Sorry the state title was won vs. CAL.
The game plan they had on Milton Wright was outstanding. They will make Danville play with 1 hand tied behind their back. It's truly amazing what they can do at Mayfield. Joe Morris and the staff at Mayfield are the best. If not the state, definetley in 2-A.
I’ll take Danville
This should be another epic battle between these 2 teams. Mayfield will have to play their best game of the year, but they are playing exeptional right now, ill take the cards in a hard fought game.
Mayfield for #13
This is the two I was hoping to make it to the championship game. I can't call it either way, but I will say whoever wins, it will be by 10 or less.
This will be the 8th time in 9 years that the Cards will be in the state championship. Just to recall, we were supposedly underdogs in 2010 and 2012 as well.
Interesting tid bit here. The last time Corbin made it to a state title game, was the same year that Mayfield got their only win against Danville.
This maybe the easiest pick in the state championship game. My money is on mayfield :Cheerlead

Mayfield 42
Danville 21
Can't wait to listen to this game. Hoping for a backburner.
This game is going to bring back the great memories of the late 80's and early 90'when these two teams met often in the state title game. I'm glad to see them both back.
Danville - 21
Mayfield - 14
Time Will Tell Wrote:Not out of my mind.
The game plan they had on Milton Wright was outstanding. They will make Danville play with 1 hand tied behind their back. It's truly amazing what they can do at Mayfield. Joe Morris and the staff at Mayfield are the best. If not the state, definetley in 2-A.

The birds could win, but you are most certainly out of your mind with talk of dominate and running clock.:biggrin:
Time Will Tell Wrote:Not out of my mind.
Ask the Mayfield fans how many times they have dominated and put a running clock on Danville Confusednicker:
Westside Wrote:This game is going to bring back the great memories of the late 80's and early 90'when these two teams met often in the state title game. I'm glad to see them both back.
great memories. lol
Speed vs Speed. Who's line is best is who will win.
Snakesnot Wrote:Speed vs Speed. Who's line is best is who will win.

You got that right .
I think Mayfield has a better, more balanced offense and Danville has the better overall defense, but, Mayfield is still very solid on D and Danville is still very solid on O.. Hard to pick against either team. The Ads came into the season with more returning starters back and less question marks, but, I feel that the Cards had the better team last year and brought back nearly the entire OL and DL, now a year stronger and more experienced. There concern coming in was QB play and who would replace all time leading rusher, Trajon Bright. They have gotten stellar play by committee in both those spots and with 14 games under there belts, are very comfortable with what they have there. This offense will move the chains and get there points. The X factor will be Danville's VanCleave. He'll be the best player on the field and if he has a big game, then Danville gets a slight edge, but, if Mayfield's D can somewhat keep him in check, then I like Mayfield's chances.

Does anyone know what the status of WR Jack Murrell and RB Hallibrton are? Those are 2 quality offensive weapons that didn't play this week vs CAL. Would sure like to be at 100% for this one.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:I think Mayfield has a better, more balanced offense and Danville has the better overall defense, but, Mayfield is still very solid on D and Danville is still very solid on O.. Hard to pick against either team. The Ads came into the season with more returning starters back and less question marks, but, I feel that the Cards had the better team last year and brought back nearly the entire OL and DL, now a year stronger and more experienced. There concern coming in was QB play and who would replace all time leading rusher, Trajon Bright. They have gotten stellar play by committee in both those spots and with 14 games under there belts, are very comfortable with what they have there. This offense will move the chains and get there points. The X factor will be Danville's VanCleave. He'll be the best player on the field and if he has a big game, then Danville gets a slight edge, but, if Mayfield's D can somewhat keep him in check, then I like Mayfield's chances.

Does anyone know what the status of WR Jack Murrell and RB Hallibrton are? Those are 2 quality offensive weapons that didn't play this week vs CAL. Would sure like to be at 100% for this one.

Murrell and haliburton healthy would for sure help the cards, and after the corbin game i was very concerned about our running game, but the last 2 games mathis has been a beast at RB, i am not sure i would play haliburton over mathis at RB even if haliburton is ready to go, i know if halilburton was to be ready it would give us another big time reciever, but man, right now i think mathis has to start there. it probably boils down to what mayfield has more success at against danville, if they stop the running game, i say play haliburton at RB and put mathis at reciever. :thumpsup:
mysonis55 Wrote:Interesting tid bit here. The last time Corbin made it to a state title game, was the same year that Mayfield got their only win against Danville.

What you don't understand is there is another even more interesting tidbit that I will share. The only other time a state title game was played at Commonwealth/The Grocery at UK, Corbin was there. In fact that was 1976 and Corbin beat Mayfield 6-0. In 1977 the state championship game again pitted Corbin VS Mayfield a Mayfield win 14-13 but it was played at Richmond's EKU hanger Field. Since 1976 is the only time the state championship games have been held at Commonwealth Stadium both Mayfield and Corbin have been there just like both will be this year
KYHSFBFan, I agree with most everything you said. VanCleave is amazing and I'm not taking anything away from him, but Kyle Hurt will be the best player on the field. All the Wright & VC talk is deserved, but look at his yards per carry and tackles per game. I wouldn't trade Hurt for anyone.

I doubt Murrell or Halliburton play. Even if they dress, I doubt they see many snaps. Jack probably would, but the way Mathews, Hurt, and company are running the ball, I'm not sure Halli would get much run. Halli has missed too much and would be rusty at this point. Not knocking the kid, because he is great, but I would put Galbreath ahead of him on the depth chart at this point.
Cardinals all the way! That is, if they can recover the street fight they were in last night...Very hard fought game
Will MF or Danville be considered the home team? I would love to see the black jerseys one more time.
64SUR Wrote:This maybe the easiest pick in the state championship game. My money is on mayfield :Cheerlead

Mayfield 42
Danville 21

How much money did you win by picking LCA to beat Danville twice ?Confusednicker:
Time Will Tell Wrote:I’ll make a bet now. Danville gets clocked. Seen both teams play.

Mayfield by 36
Mayfields playoff run may have been more difficult, but their regular season schedule was not. I don't know what game you saw and who they were playing, if you think Mayfield will put a running clock on Danville you are a very poor judge of High school football.:please::hilarious::biglmao::moon:
  • 1(current)
  • Next