Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Danville
47.22%
Mayfield
52.78%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville vs. Mayfield (2A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
Kracken Wrote:Will MF or Danville be considered the home team? I would love to see the black jerseys one more time.

We were the visitors in BG 2 years ago so I would assume that means we will be visitors
Time Will Tell Wrote:I’ll make a bet now. Danville gets clocked. Seen both teams play.
Danville playoff run to Lexington was a lot easier then Mayfields I’ll tell you that.

It’s supposed to be a good game, but I’m here to tell you Mayfield will put a running clock on Danville.

Not a Mayfield fan. I said it all along even before the O’cath/ Mayfield game. I said whoever wins the game I’ll root for the rest of the way.

Mayfield by 36

You are batspit crazy! Running clock?? Danville may not win this game (I think they will), but that is nuts.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:We were the visitors in BG 2 years ago so I would assume that means we will be visitors

The advantage of this year is easy coming west means homefield until state. The downside is that you wear white and are visitors at state.
ThinThirty Wrote:Mayfields playoff run may have been more difficult, but their regular season schedule was not. I don't know what game you saw and who they were playing, if you think Mayfield will put a running clock on Danville you are a very poor judge of High school football.:please::hilarious::biglmao::moon:

100%

I'm going with:

Danville-35
Mayfield-21

To me Danville is clearly better with their 1st teams, just no depth. I read a Mayfield kid was beat up a bit, but Danville has a starting lineman injured, so no excuses. This time of year, teams are not really 100% healthy. Injuries definitely effect the team with lesser numbers. I'm still going with the Ads and wish they could win by 60.:redboxer:
I don't see how anyone can say our schedule wasn't as tough as any team in 2a. Started with a team that is playing in the TN 2a state championship (running clock). Next was a 4a team that lost to FS in a come from behind in regionals (by the way FS is in state). Then you get 3a PT who had a winning season and went to 2nd round (running clock). Then you get 6a McCracken, who went to second round. Then 5a Graves Co, who lost to Christian by 7 in OT. Then you get 3a Corbin (who is playing in state). Then of course districts. Then 3a Caldwell, who went to regionals (running clock). Pretty tough schedule.
smoke1015 Wrote:100%

I'm going with:

Danville-35
Mayfield-21

To me Danville is clearly better with their 1st teams, just no depth. I read a Mayfield kid was beat up a bit, but Danville has a starting lineman injured, so no excuses. This time of year, teams are not really 100% healthy. Injuries definitely effect the team with lesser numbers. I'm still going with the Ads and wish they could win by 60.:redboxer:

Apparently not much football knowledge. Explain to me in some matchup manner, just how you've determined that the Ads are clearly better. The Ads benefitted last year from the Cards losing their top tackler just before playing CAL. Because, we would have put more points up. As I remember, the Ads got blitzed by Corbin last year, a team that Mayfield beat. Now, our offense is better this year and the o line is almost the exact same as last. We have a deeper receiving corps than ever and deeper at RB. So plz explain.
I'm sure Mayfield will score more than Waggener.
mysonis55 Wrote:Apparently not much football knowledge. Explain to me in some matchup manner, just how you've determined that the Ads are clearly better. The Ads benefitted last year from the Cards losing their top tackler just before playing CAL. Because, we would have put more points up. As I remember, the Ads got blitzed by Corbin last year, a team that Mayfield beat. Now, our offense is better this year and the o line is almost the exact same as last. We have a deeper receiving corps than ever and deeper at RB. So plz explain.

No analysis at all. Explanation? To see how long it would take to get a Mayfield response. The easiest fans in the world to offend, quite possibly. Ads by 60.
Danville 24 to 21
Twitter: @tc_analytics

After further analysis, Danville by a heartbreaking field goal. That will be more satisfying.
I feel CAL is the best defense MF will see (Yes, even better than Corbin's). They put up 21 on them and left some points on the field. Hence, I just don't see Dan scoring enough points to keep up in this one. I think some Dan folks are confusing '1 or 2 fast kids' with 'team speed'. Dan keeps it close early, but MF's haymakers start landing at some point and they pull away second half. MF by 21.
Mayfield by score of 33-27
smoke1015 Wrote:No analysis at all. Explanation? To see how long it would take to get a Mayfield response. The easiest fans in the world to offend, quite possibly. Ads by 60.

I guess I don't quite understand that. As far as I can tell, Mayfield fans haven't disrespected Danville. We fully expect a good game. I don't know how any of us can say, clearly, that one is better than the other. I feel that the Cards will prevail. You clearly feel otherwise. But, in the end, neither of us are playing.
Just going off matchups, cause I haven’t seen Danville play, I’ll go with mayfield. And I hope I’m right, cause that’ll make me feel better about our game with Boyle. But for those of you going off matchups. How does one predict mayfield will beat Danville but corbin will lose to Boyle. Because if you’re going by that train of thought, we’ll corbin > mayfield > Danville > Boyle. I’m with 55 on this one, although I wouldn’t say we blitzed the Ad’s last year. Mayfield has seen two of the best defenses in the state and went 1-1 on them. Yes Danville best Boyle, but I don’t think they can score enough to beat out that MF offense
Danville 36-21 I don't believe Mayfield will stop Danville O

And comparing schedules I pretty sure Danville beat someone that is in the 3a title game
Love the slants and bias on this site.
mysonis55 Wrote:I don't see how anyone can say our schedule wasn't as tough as any team in 2a. Started with a team that is playing in the TN 2a state championship (running clock). Next was a 4a team that lost to FS in a come from behind in regionals (by the way FS is in state). Then you get 3a PT who had a winning season and went to 2nd round (running clock). Then you get 6a McCracken, who went to second round. Then 5a Graves Co, who lost to Christian by 7 in OT. Then you get 3a Corbin (who is playing in state). Then of course districts. Then 3a Caldwell, who went to regionals (running clock). Pretty tough schedule.

Care to see how well Danville’s opponents did this year?
I'll take Danville simply because of speed.

Ads - 34
Cards - 24
Hatz Wrote:Care to see how well Danville’s opponents did this year?

The Boyle County win is impressive. No one can deny that. Outside of that, I don't really see much. LCA never impressed me at all. On film, they looked tiny and slow. Heck, OCath would give them a game if they caught them without their QB. CAL would stomp massive sized mudholes in the likes of Glasgow and Somerset. We will see how Sat goes in Lexington, but for now, I'm sticking to my belief that the two best teams in 2a went at it Friday night at War Memorial Stadium.
Hound05 Wrote:Just going off matchups, cause I haven’t seen Danville play, I’ll go with mayfield. And I hope I’m right, cause that’ll make me feel better about our game with Boyle. But for those of you going off matchups. How does one predict mayfield will beat Danville but corbin will lose to Boyle. Because if you’re going by that train of thought, we’ll corbin > mayfield > Danville > Boyle. I’m with 55 on this one, although I wouldn’t say we blitzed the Ad’s last year. Mayfield has seen two of the best defenses in the state and went 1-1 on them. Yes Danville best Boyle, but I don’t think they can score enough to beat out that MF offense

I'm not 100% sure Corbin is better than Mayfield nor am I 100% sure Danville is better than Boyle Co.. All 4 teams have played some good teams throughout the season and all have faired well and been impressive for the most part.. Think about it, outside of the 2 games where these 4 have played each other, they have a combined 51-1 record, so, obviously they're all very good teams.. I would bet that if these 4 teams played a 3 week round robin against each other, none of them would be unscathed and none would be winless. I'd even be pressed to say who'd have a winning record and who'd have a losing record.. IMO, any of these could beat any of the other on any given day..
Hatz Wrote:Love the slants and bias on this site.

Slants and bias on this site? World's worst on that other place.
Anyone that thinks total mismatch, either way, in this game, don't know football.
mysonis55 Wrote:I guess I don't quite understand that. As far as I can tell, Mayfield fans haven't disrespected Danville. We fully expect a good game. I don't know how any of us can say, clearly, that one is better than the other. I feel that the Cards will prevail. You clearly feel otherwise. But, in the end, neither of us are playing.
The poster that posted Mayfield would put a running clock on Danville got this mess started, They said they were not a Mayfield fan, wanted you to win. They also stated Mayfield would hang a running clock on Danville(BULL). I think all the knowledgeable Danville fans totally respect Mayfield, but not afraid. I expect a hard fought game probably coming down to who makes the fewest turnovers and penalties. And for those who think Danville is a one man show with Van Cleave, you will be sadly mistaken. I bet if you talk to Mayfields Coach He is not the only player to be concerned with.:Shaking:
ThinThirty Wrote:The poster that posted Mayfield would put a running clock on Danville got this mess started, They said they were not a Mayfield fan, wanted you to win. They also stated Mayfield would hang a running clock on Danville(BULL). I think all the knowledgeable Danville fans totally respect Mayfield, but not afraid. I expect a hard fought game probably coming down to who makes the fewest turnovers and penalties. And for those who think Danville is a one man show with Van Cleave, you will be sadly mistaken. I bet if you talk to Mayfields Coach He is not the only player to be concerned with.:Shaking:
Every single fan I have talked to so far as said it's going to be a tall task to beat Danville. Anything else is just pot stirring.
I believe the initial MF blowout prediction was from an OCath guy. The Danville blowout guy is just a troll that always predicts MF will lose by 50. All reasonable fans recognize this will be a closely contested game that could go either way.
Mayfield by 3. Will be a war
This game is definitely gonna come down to who makes the fewest mistakes and who can capitalize. There’s no doubt about that.

I do feel like the game last night vs CAL is the best defense we have seen this year and I don’t see Danville’s D being any better. 2 high powered offenses going at all. Also I will say whoever’s D plays better gets the trophy.

Gonna be a dandy. As already mentioned, I too think the championship was decided last night at War Memorial. Just my opinion. Mayfield 35 Danville 28
Kracken Wrote:I believe the initial MF blowout prediction was from an OCath guy. The Danville blowout guy is just a troll that always predicts MF will lose by 50. All reasonable fans recognize this will be a closely contested game that could go either way.
Believe that most Danville fans respect Mayfield, I've been to every game between the two except 1987, and each one was exciting and unnerving. I was glad to see Mayfield defeat CAL because I thought they were a little too sure of themselves.
Danville
12-0 vs top 7000
4-0 vs top 2000

Mayfield
8-1 vs top 7000
1-1 vs top 2000
Iam4thecats Wrote:Danville
12-0 vs top 7000
4-0 vs top 2000

Mayfield
8-1 vs top 7000
1-1 vs top 2000