Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central 60 Belfry 21
I remember when belfry was one of those teams just dying for a chance to win one. i miss that hunger.
pjdoug Wrote:This is what aggravates me when some fans say their team worked harder is why they won state.it is simply not true. kids that play on teams with not much of a winning tradition still put their heart and soul into it and work as hard as anybody. imagine kids putting all the time and work in and never get a win.

100% the truth. Most of these kids, even on some of the really bad teams are working their tails off.
Granny Bear Wrote:Tell ya what, if we play in Lexington you and I will go out for dinner. My treat!!!

Sounds like a plan :biggrin:
Great run, with still a lot in the cupboard.

Despite the first half problems (a fumble or two, giving up a fake punt), Belfry really was in a decent position to go into halftime down a score, and getting the ball first in the second half. But 20 seconds is a lot of time, and 47 yards later they were down 2 scores. A quick fumble in the 3rd let to a quick score, and it snowballed. Really no way to bounce back. Too many things went Central's way, but not by chance. Central forced those situations to their credit.

Likewise, I'm happy to see the responses on this thread. As a Belfry fan, I always cringe a little at some of the more overt posts between Belfry fans, other fans, and trolls. There has been a lot of boasting and confidence, but it also has been merited to a degree. There is something to the proverb "pride goeth before the fall." And no matter who is on top, others are trying to knock them off the top or to put them down as much as possible. This is human nature. Whether in humor or not, it's going to happen. Not just in high school football, but college, pros, every sport, religion, relationships, politics... You name it.

There will be a new 3A Champ this year, and I honestly can't predict who it will be. But it will be an awfully good team. A new team that will be targeted next year from many angles. Good luck to all remaining teams, and I will definitely pull for the mountain teams.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Hang in there brother, it'll happen.

I keep dreaming :biggrin:
Single Wing 77 Wrote:There is a big difference between hope and expectation. You hope your team will shock the world and win a fluke state title. Belfry folks expect to win a state title because they actually compete at that level on a regular basis. Something that "your school" has never done.

There's a big difference in me and arrogant a$$ talkers such as your self.
pjdoug is the lavar ball of BGR. Only difference he still lives in his mom's basement!
Big Don Wrote:pjdoug is the lavar ball of BGR. Only difference he still lives in his mom's basement!

You almost bored me to sleep . as usual :lame:
Oh, I wouldn't call ANYBODY on this board LaVar Ball!!!!
Big Don Wrote:pjdoug is the lavar ball of BGR. Only difference he still lives in his mom's basement!

Dougie is one of the most entertaining members on this site. He is wrong anytime he disagrees with me, but he is funny.
Dougie is fine he gets under some people’s skin from time to time and he’s got little brother syndrome but I think deep down a little part of him wants to see the Hounds win it all!!
Why wouldn’t he? Half our team is Whitley county remember? 😆
Hound05 Wrote:Why wouldn’t he? Half our team is Whitley county remember? ��

Corbin/Whitney all star team gets beat like a rented mule friday. All jokes aside I hope Corbin wins it all, but I still won't call it #6 lol. #4 to me 5 if you count the pre playoff 55 team the courier journal named champs.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Corbin/Whitney all star team gets beat like a rented mule friday. All jokes aside I hope Corbin wins it all, but I still won't call it #6 lol. #4 to me 5 if you count the pre playoff 55 team the courier journal named champs.

Now Now.... Don't forget Laurel county in that all star team either, because they sure wont let you forget. hahaha. Maybe they can claim a slice of the pie when we win it
killbilly usmc Wrote:Corbin/Whitney all star team gets beat like a rented mule friday. All jokes aside I hope Corbin wins it all, but I still won't call it #6 lol. #4 to me 5 if you count the pre playoff 55 team the courier journal named champs.

I get tickled when I see them call it the "hunt for 6" Confusednicker:
Granny Bear Wrote:Oh, I wouldn't call ANYBODY on this board LaVar Ball!!!!

it's obvious to most why he is not a stand up comedian. too much boring, repetitive material .
chs crazy Wrote:Dougie is fine he gets under some people’s skin from time to time and he’s got little brother syndrome but I think deep down a little part of him wants to see the Hounds win it all!!

I for sure hope you beat the loserville team .
Hound05 Wrote:Why wouldn’t he? Half our team is Whitley county remember? 😆

About time you admit it .:Cheerlead

Not Whitney but Whitley.
Westside Wrote:Dougie is one of the most entertaining members on this site. He is wrong anytime he disagrees with me, but he is funny.

I can't always be right. Sometimes I'm left .
Congrats Belfry on a great run. Well deserved and greatly represented the mountains. With the talent that has played there the last 5 years they could have won the 4A and 5A championships. That group of talent only comes thru every so often. Belfry will be back, that is for sure. As long as the coaching staff and feeder programs stay the same, I see them always in the mix of state titles. But I don't see them totaling dominating everyone like they have in the past. Best of luck in the off season
SPORTS FAN 101 Wrote:Congrats Belfry on a great run. Well deserved and greatly represented the mountains. With the talent that has played there the last 5 years they could have won the 4A and 5A championships. That group of talent only comes thru every so often. Belfry will be back, that is for sure. As long as the coaching staff and feeder programs stay the same, I see them always in the mix of state titles. But I don't see them totaling dominating everyone like they have in the past. Best of luck in the off season

Yes. Thanks Belfry for all the entertainment for years. I'm not from Pike Co., but you have been the number one reason I could hardly wait for Friday nights during football season. If I'm still around, I'll be following you again next season.

God Bless You!
Love the past, this team and future Belfry team. They will reload and and be ready for next year.