Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell co. @Corbin 11/10 Rd-2
Read the post, Better win title SOON, not past or may be labeled. (In future) They have been beaten by better teams.

Entitlement, example, Bell County game. They treated you no different than anyone one else and for some reason Corbin was entitled to the things others were not. Then Corbin comes on here bitching about it. There are so many other things. It is Ok Corbin fans can't see it.
Since your first paragraph makes no sense I’m not gonna bother with it. Your 2nd however.... I’ll give you the press box issue, the bus and locker room, nope. Not gonna argue it because there is nothing to argue, THEY WERENT GONNA LET US USE IT. blame it on the rotc kid or whatever, the principle had to come address the issue. Also, I highly doubt bell treats us no differently than anyone else, I don’t recall the people I work with saying bell co makes T-shirt’s about other teams coaches but they do corbin. You use ONE game to justify YOUR opinion. If that’s the basis of fact then I’m gonna go ahead and say corbin is MILES ahead of you as a program so I wouldn’t even bother driving up 25 to play the silver spoons. FACT. But if you do we’ll let ya use the locker room, and you can even park right next to it while you unload, don’t want those grumpy ole men to drain their rascal batteries.
Predator/Prey Wrote:Read the post, Better win title SOON, not past or may be labeled. (In future) They have been beaten by better teams.

Entitlement, example, Bell County game. They treated you no different than anyone one else and for some reason Corbin was entitled to the things others were not. Then Corbin comes on here bitching about it. There are so many other things. It is Ok Corbin fans can't see it.

We expect to be treated the same way we treat other people. I will say that we did get treated much better just a few years ago when Bell was beating us regularly. I also recall a lot of other teams and fans calling out Dudley in the past for some of his gamesmanship fiascos. How many high school playoff games do you remember being scheduled on Thanksgiving Day?
Spoiled Brat vs Grumpy Old Man......:::Spoiled Brat by 21 accept it as an compliment. This is how it is viewed by many Spoiled. I do hope for injury free game then for rematch and then Belfry. Good luck.
Predator/Prey Wrote:Spoiled Brat vs Grumpy Old Man......:::Spoiled Brat by 21 accept it as an compliment. This is how it is viewed by many Spoiled. I do hope for injury free game then for rematch and then Belfry. Good luck.

Haters will hate.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:What do Whitley County, Lynn camp, Knox central, williamsburg and south Laurel all have in common? In the last five years they've had starters who played for Corbin prior to playing for them. Do you hear Corbin whining about the players who left? No! Corbin worries about what they have not what leaves. Best of luck to those kids, they sought the best opportunity for them. They weren't recruited, just like a kid from somewhere else who transfers to Corbin isn't recruited. Kids aren't stupid, and this world is smaller than it's ever been. These kids are all friends on social media and their parents talk. It isn't recruiting, thats done by the private schools. There is a basketball player who signed with EKU who started for Corbin as a freshman. He probably would've been one of the best players in the 13th region as a jr and sr. LCA came to Corbin and got him. Corbin wished him the best and sent him on. Stop complaining about recruiting. You either have an axe to grind or don't know what the the definition of recruiting is.

My definition of recruiting would be coming to a school under the guise of assembling a travel team such as team Kentucky and then preceding to do everything in your power to get the kid you asked to play to transfer to YOUR school afterwards and then using every deceitful tactic available to get it accomplished, but that's just me
blueandgreen Wrote:My definition of recruiting would be coming to a school under the guise of assembling a travel team such as team Kentucky and then preceding to do everything in your power to get the kid you asked to play to transfer to YOUR school afterwards and then using every deceitful tactic available to get it accomplished, but that's just me

I would consider that recruiting too. Good thing Corbin didnt do anything like that. That's just the story that north's coach likes to spin, that way he can try to hide the fact that he is an inadequate coach. Guess he figures he got his job because of his last name, so his players should play because of their last name.
Every coach has they're favorites just like a boss at work has favorites and its no different at Corbin or any other program. Just because you got a kid that is used to being catered to doesn't mean there is any politics going on at North Laurel more so than any other school that's a recruiting pitch too but nice try...
I can tell you one thing, if Dudley leaves bell within the next 4 years, my son will be at Corbin. I drive to corbin daily
blueandgreen Wrote:Every coach has they're favorites just like a boss at work has favorites and its no different at Corbin or any other program. Just because you got a kid that is used to being catered to doesn't mean there is any politics going on at North Laurel more so than any other school that's a recruiting pitch too but nice try...

That's what those in the good ole boy club tell themselves, "It happens everywhere". That's not true, you can't play for both politics and titles. It's not a recruiting pitch, it's the right way to do things. You literally sit there and say it happens at north, yet get mad when kids leave. I promise the kid isn't getting catered to at Corbin, he is just being given a fair chance to compete.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:That's what those in the good ole boy club tell themselves, "It happens everywhere". That's not true, you can't play for both politics and titles. It's not a recruiting pitch, it's the right way to do things. You literally sit there and say it happens at north, yet get mad when kids leave. I promise the kid isn't getting catered to at Corbin, he is just being given a fair chance to compete.

Not mad at the kid for leaving, just from what ive heard it was shady how he left. That's a great pitch though "Come on down to Corbin and you'll get a fair chance to compete!!" Just be sure not to mention the lost friendships and grudges that they'll have to endure.
blueandgreen Wrote:Not mad at the kid for leaving, just from what ive heard it was shady how he left. That's a great pitch though "Come on down to Corbin and you'll get a fair chance to compete!!" Just be sure not to mention the lost friendships and grudges that they'll have to endure.

Once again, it's not a recruiting pitch it's the truth. If their "friends" hold a grudge, and end the friendship over something as stupid as where you go to high school then they weren't very good friends to begin with. My best friend played at south Laurel after he played at Corbin in middle school. It never effected our friendship at all.
For the 1,202,343 time, I ask.... Why are kids leaving that program for other programs? Its not like Vince Marrow is at the other school pulling them in.... Maybe its just because they WANT to play at a program that puts the kids first and is BETTER. But I'd like an answer for all you butt hurt "their recruiting" cry babies.... WHY ARE THEY LEAVING YOUR PROGRAM. Its one simple question.... Their not getting paid to do it, so why?
You guys are getting way off topic.

Back to the game please.
Granny Bear Wrote:You guys are getting way off topic.

Back to the game please.

Uhhhh, I'm with Granny :Thumbs:
granny bear Wrote:while i respect you perspective hound, i disagree with it.

It isn't like changing jobs; it is against the law. It is against khsaa rules and regs.

If recruiting was legal, then it wouldn't be an issue.

However, being old fashioned, i believe it also dilutes school pride. It negates community. I know many students who have played for every school in their respective county and then some. I know one family who had 3 kids playing a 3 different high schools.

This leads to crap like the "canadian pipeline" that was referred to a few years ago when high school players actually hired agents.

I just don't agree with it...any of it.

I came back to edit this post to say that khsaa, in my opinion, is the reason all this bull crap is going down. They do not apply the rules fairly or evenly. Oftentimes, the more money you have, the more approval you will receive. It has lent itself to the same old story.

amen!
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:I think Corbin will play as long as Bell wants to keep them on schedule.

Not unless Bell improves...nothing to gain
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:It was Corbin by 34 the first game I’ll say it might be some closer this time Corbin by 27 lol

Score could have been much worse, for some reason we called the dogs off after an uncontested TD to start 2nd half...
campbellfield Wrote:Score could have been much worse, for some reason we called the dogs off after an uncontested TD to start 2nd half...

Yea it could have been a whole lot worse for 'em. I mean the JV only allowed 1 score, it actually might have been just freshman out there I don't remember. But there is bigger things to play and worry about than beating bell's brains in. I think after a couple "closer" games since then the Hounds have regained focus and that hungry attitude, you'll see comparable results or worse this time around as well. Maybe a little more conservative play calling- since you don't wanna give to many looks away- leading to a lower score on our part. But the game will never be in question outside of the first 8-10 minutes.
Bell will not score on Corbin's first team. I would think Corbin will get the running clock quick as possible, get their younger guys in there. Folks fussing about the D in Bell, but it isn't like the offense is slaying giants. Corbin young guys will get at least 1 score...

Corbin 42
Bell 14
To discredit the offense would be to discredit the patriarch. That's a little too close to blasphemy for those on log mountain. He will have them back to a powerhouse program in time. I honestly hope so, they were hard to hate last season. Ole Dud fixed that in a hurry though, they're easy to hate once again. Hounds by 50!
The Outsider Wrote:The only thing people in Corbin feel entitled to is what they work for and earn.

Underachieving program?:please: Corbin has not underachieved in any year since Haddix has been here. They have just been beaten by better teams, deep in the playoffs. If that is underachieving, then we can live with it.
He’s just a jealous hater/borderline troll. That I’m pretty sure has no understanding of the word underachieving. Because even someone biased against corbin could never say we objectively underachieved.
Let me help you, if you don't win it the next few years you may be labeled underachieving. Corbin is that good. Does this help?

On the other note most of Corbin expects something one way when they go to a visiting school, however, schools don't contact Corbin and ask where to put your coaches, where you want to park your bus or even where you want to dress. They have what they do, plain and simple. It was my understanding that all that have visited Bell have been treated the same. Corbin doesn't want to see it that way. They expect what they want.

I hope that helps some.
Granny Bear Wrote:You guys are getting way off topic.

Back to the game please.

Told you Granny always has the right recommendations and I agree 100%
Bell is getting better but not close yet.

Corbin - 35
Bell - 12
Predator/Prey Wrote:Let me help you, if you don't win it the next few years you may be labeled underachieving. Corbin is that good. Does this help?

On the other note most of Corbin expects something one way when they go to a visiting school, however, schools don't contact Corbin and ask where to put your coaches, where you want to park your bus or even where you want to dress. They have what they do, plain and simple. It was my understanding that all that have visited Bell have been treated the same. Corbin doesn't want to see it that way. They expect what they want.

I hope that helps some.

The frustration comes from the fact that it wasn't that way the last time Corbin came to log mountain. Bell COULD let other teams use the box, Dudley just WON'T. Other school may jump up and take it just because it's bell county and Dudley Hilton, but Corbin won't. They'll call him out for being the douche bag that he is. They don't care who likes it. Hounds by 50!!!
Hounds by fiddy!
Single Wing 77 Wrote:The frustration comes from the fact that it wasn't that way the last time Corbin came to log mountain. Bell COULD let other teams use the box, Dudley just WON'T. Other school may jump up and take it just because it's bell county and Dudley Hilton, but Corbin won't. They'll call him out for being the douche bag that he is. They don't care who likes it. Hounds by 50!!!

Hence....Spoiled Brat . Thanks Dudley wasn’t there last time
Running clock by the half if Haddix wants it....for the next 8 years at least
Out of control thread that is getting way of topic. Press box this and press box that. Stop complaining about how your feelings may have been hurt. It's called home field advantage.
Hope for a win for Bell county.