Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell co. @Corbin 11/10 Rd-2
Note to Bell:

Don't needlessly antagonize a superior opponent.

Corbin by 5 TD's.
Granny Bear Wrote:I honestly thought those were just stories; didn't realize they were true.

I think that's horrible and don't see what Dudley is trying to accomplish.

Every word of it is true granny...... Even more that’s been said. I could go into detail but it wouldn’t help a thing... The best thing that can happen is jus gettin the grumpy old man where it hurts, pocketbook and in the loss column. The spoiled Brat can jus beat his tail 2 times and end his season. Smile
Granny Bear Wrote:I honestly thought those were just stories; didn't realize they were true.

I think that's horrible and don't see what Dudley is trying to accomplish.

Apparently, he is a grumpy old man, Granny Bear.I

Confusednicker:
:popcorn:
bobcatpride1 Wrote:Take it from me, Gran, those are just stories. No, Corbin's coaches were not allowed in the press box with Bell's coaches. Instead they were placed on a platform located on the visitors side, as were the coaches from Middlesboro, Letcher, Casey, and Harlan. I'm sure there are some fans from those schools on here that can back me up on that. That's how it's always been when Dudley Hilton is the coach at Bell. Ask Tom Greer if you don't believe me.

As for the locker room/bus situation, it was all a misunderstanding that Corbin blew up big time because god-for-bid they ever get mistreated. There was a new JROTC student working the Corbin side that night. He simply got confused and told Corbins buses they needed to park down by the baseball field (which is only about 150 yards away) and walk up from there. Next thing you knew their coaches were fit to be tied saying they weren't allowed to use the visitors locker room. The Bell AD was made aware of the situation and quickly cleared everything up before Corbins panties got knotted up too much more.

Please spare us with the drama, Hound05, because you obviously aren't as close to the program as you'd like to be. We may not be able to hang with the hounds on the field right now, but please don't expect a red carpet to be rolled out when you come to Log mountain.

We don’t need a red carpet. We’ll just use you guys as our door mats. And what you said is your “hearsay” take on it. But I could care less what you think. I would say good luck to ya, but we all know even with luck you still couldn’t beat us. Might be able to keep a running clock away on your good night. Bye sugar.
Most just laugh when I say Spoiled Brat, it is a perfect description of 99% of Corbin. Most feel entitled to something. Dudley and most of Bell are grumpy old fans, us against the world. Better win the title or soon Corbin may be labeled as a very under achieving programs. Good luck to both.
Predator/Prey Wrote:Most just laugh when I say Spoiled Brat, it is a perfect description of 99% of Corbin. Most feel entitled to something. Dudley and most of Bell are grumpy old fans, us against the world. Better win the title or soon Corbin may be labeled as a very under achieving programs. Good luck to both.

That’s most idiotic post I’ve see. Today. Congrats. How in the world is it underachieving going against the likes of belfry. I know you wouldn’t know. I’d call being 3rd in the district with Dudley as your retiring savior as UNDERachieving. But I’ll listen to your nonsense, how are we entitled? And to what? Back up what you said. Because I HAVE
BobcatForever Wrote:I say you right hound in the books by halftime but don't be so fast about the future:dontthink time will tell

Bobcat I didn’t mean that in a bad way. I know nothing in the future is set in stone. I actually hope bell does get better because it benefits everyone. Good luck to you guys.
Hound05 Wrote:Wouldn’t let the coaches use press box. Wasn’t gonna let us use the visitors locker room. And tried to make us park the buses across the highway and make the team walk across

Casey coaches didn't use the press box either. I'm not sure if that was by choice though. I was in the press box though. :Clap:
smoke1015 Wrote:Casey coaches didn't use the press box either. I'm not sure if that was by choice though. I was in the press box though. :Clap:

It maybe a simple hospitality issue, but I don't see what the big deal is here. It's obvious it didn't affect the outcome of Corbin's and Casey's game against Bell. Both teams chalked up wins and isn't that what you play for?
Rip/Spin Wrote:It maybe a simple hospitality issue, but I don't see what the big deal is here. It's obvious it didn't affect the outcome of Corbin's and Casey's game against Bell. Both teams chalked up wins and isn't that what you play for?

Yet Corbin coaches are the only ones who’ve complained... hence “spoiled brats” 😂😂
Hound05 Wrote:Bobcat I didn’t mean that in a bad way. I know nothing in the future is set in stone. I actually hope bell does get better because it benefits everyone. Good luck to you guys.

its a good thing when all our mountain teams can compete hound:rockon:
bobcatpride1 Wrote:Take it from me, Gran, those are just stories. No, Corbin's coaches were not allowed in the press box with Bell's coaches. Instead they were placed on a platform located on the visitors side, as were the coaches from Middlesboro, Letcher, Casey, and Harlan. I'm sure there are some fans from those schools on here that can back me up on that. That's how it's always been when Dudley Hilton is the coach at Bell. Ask Tom Greer if you don't believe me.

As for the locker room/bus situation, it was all a misunderstanding that Corbin blew up big time because god-for-bid they ever get mistreated. There was a new JROTC student working the Corbin side that night. He simply got confused and told Corbins buses they needed to park down by the baseball field (which is only about 150 yards away) and walk up from there. Next thing you knew their coaches were fit to be tied saying they weren't allowed to use the visitors locker room. The Bell AD was made aware of the situation and quickly cleared everything up before Corbins panties got knotted up too much more.

Please spare us with the drama, Hound05, because you obviously aren't as close to the program as you'd like to be. We may not be able to hang with the hounds on the field right now, but please don't expect a red carpet to be rolled out when you come to Log mountain.

In other words- Dudley Hilton can be the same ol douche bag he's always been, and I'll still defend it because I love his kool aid.
The Spread Wrote:In other words- Dudley Hilton can be the same ol douche bag he's always been, and I'll still defend it because I love his kool aid.

:thatsfunn
Nailed it, perception of the two. They can’t see it.
Rip/Spin Wrote:It maybe a simple hospitality issue, but I don't see what the big deal is here. It's obvious it didn't affect the outcome of Corbin's and Casey's game against Bell. Both teams chalked up wins and isn't that what you play for?

I agree. I was treated very fairly there, and was treated very fairly at Corbin. I guess Dudley has his own "dislikes", etc.. I have no idea. Our old coach and are only first team all state player is at Bell and most of us love the guy and it was good seeing him. It was good for him to see his former senior and junior players he had coached. I have never experienced that as a coach, having to go to another county and then coach against your alma mater, and players you actually coached and love. That's a tough one in my book. Corbin and Bell are two top programs of all-time in the state, 2 of maybe a dozen that everyone knows, so I can see those two having some rivalry issues. It seemed these guys somehow stayed away from playing each other for years, until put in the same district.
Corbin by 14+
Twitter: @tc_analytics

We just need to let all this go. Wink

I don't want to have to explain all of this, and I believe I can. Trust me, YOU don't want me explain all of this either!! Predator/Prey gave the briefest of synopsis and pretty much hit the nail on the head.

So, good luck to both teams in this game for an injury free contest.
All Dudley will have to do in the next few years (and he will) is catch up to Corbin and Belfry on the recruiting front. But not this year, soon ,very soon.
And thus part of the bigger problem.

Recruiting is against KHSAA rules and regulations.

Yet it has become so common place, that we can lobby for it on a public forum without fear of retaliation.
Granny Bear Wrote:We just need to let all this go. Wink

I don't want to have to explain all of this, and I believe I can. Trust me, YOU don't want me explain all of this either!! Predator/Prey gave the briefest of synopsis and pretty much hit the nail on the head.

So, good luck to both teams in this game for an injury free contest.

well said Granny you always have the right recommendations:Thumbs:
Corbin 42-7
NextGeneration Wrote:I like Bells chances much better this time. Corbin kids, over confident and everyone worried about what Dudley did. He did it for this reason, to take the mind off actual game. Bell plays them much closer, Dudley starts working his way back. Corbin is much better, but Dudley is starting to work the old Thanksgiving pranks. Soon Dudley and Bell will be beating Corbin, just not this time. Corbin by 14.

Bell may beat corbin.. but it’ll be like your username. The next generation. Corbin by a whole lot. 48-6.
Granny Bear Wrote:And thus part of the bigger problem.

Recruiting is against KHSAA rules and regulations.

Yet it has become so common place, that we can lobby for it on a public forum without fear of retaliation.
I will say Casey has not one "recruit", and never have as a team for football. We got the gift of a kid playing for Eastern right now, but he was brought in for basketball by our former b-ball coach. But for our history, and making having a 20 man roster (2012 rolled into Louisville Central with 14 kids dressed...) even tougher, having to play all these teams that are able to recruit, or 'draw in' kids due to other factors. Our former coach used to say "we've got to find a way to compete with these, 'Walmart' teams"...lol. Most teams that have a Walmart seem to have a pretty good program, especially out in the country... But anyway, I guess one thing we've held our heads high about, playing in the Somerset youth league for years, then middle and high-school, we have played with what we have, homegrown. While Somerset, even in youth, had coaches and fans trying to bring our better players over to play for them, trying to offer a parent a job. I had the fortune of coaching most of our last 2 groups, and everyone on our high-school team, in some form (elementary, or middle school), and would never have sought out someone to take one of those hard working kids place. Maybe that's stupid on me, but I developed way more than a want to win with these guys. I want them to succeed in life, and don't care nearly as much about the game in the grand scheme. IF we could ever win a regional title, defeat one of these traditional powerhouses (we did finally get Bell), it'd be more satisfying that way I think. Some teams don't have to recruit I don't guess, they have kids wanting to come to their schools for various other reasons, but the ones that go seek out talent in surrounding areas, I don't like it, and I feel it teaches way too many of the wrong things..."Come join us, forget loyalty to your current guys", etc..
Not arguing for or against these accusations. But in all reality it’s no different than being offered a better job to someone whose been at a company for years. Of course you’re gonna take it if it makes sense and benefits you.

I don’t think HS coaches should be out doing that because of the rules, but the game is evolving. Like it or not, it’s the way things are. All these accusations do is take away from the kids who do it on their own for different reasons. If this game, and these fans are really for the kids, shouldn’t we want them to reach their peak no matter where it’s at? I’d be pissed if everyone left corbin and went to Lynn camp but at the same time I’d ask why are they leaving? What are we not doing right? What more can we do? Just about every school can do the same things as others. I know corbin can’t compete with trinity’s Coaching payroll but they can and do with everyone around here. Every local team can put close to the same amount of money into their program. Sometimes the ones at fault are in the mirror
While I respect you perspective Hound, I disagree with it.

It isn't like changing jobs; it is against the law. It is against KHSAA rules and regs.

If recruiting was legal, then it wouldn't be an issue.

However, being old fashioned, I believe it also dilutes school pride. It negates community. I know many students who have played for every school in their respective county and THEN some. I know one family who had 3 kids playing a 3 different high schools.

This leads to crap like the "Canadian Pipeline" that was referred to a few years ago when high school players actually hired agents.

I just don't agree with it...ANY of it.

I came back to edit this post to say that KHSAA, in my opinion, is the reason all this bull crap is going down. They do not apply the rules fairly or evenly. Oftentimes, the more money you have, the more approval you will receive. It has lent itself to the same old story.
If anyone needs to look in the mirror it’s Corbin. They’ve pissed away more of their own talent and other schools talent over the last 34 years than any school in the state. Heck Bell Co has won 2 state championships since Corbin’s last one. Corbin’s 1982 championship team was led by Greg Duncum, from Harlan Co.
Running clock by halftime. Hounds by 50.
What do Whitley County, Lynn camp, Knox central, williamsburg and south Laurel all have in common? In the last five years they've had starters who played for Corbin prior to playing for them. Do you hear Corbin whining about the players who left? No! Corbin worries about what they have not what leaves. Best of luck to those kids, they sought the best opportunity for them. They weren't recruited, just like a kid from somewhere else who transfers to Corbin isn't recruited. Kids aren't stupid, and this world is smaller than it's ever been. These kids are all friends on social media and their parents talk. It isn't recruiting, thats done by the private schools. There is a basketball player who signed with EKU who started for Corbin as a freshman. He probably would've been one of the best players in the 13th region as a jr and sr. LCA came to Corbin and got him. Corbin wished him the best and sent him on. Stop complaining about recruiting. You either have an axe to grind or don't know what the the definition of recruiting is.
Predator/Prey Wrote:Most just laugh when I say Spoiled Brat, it is a perfect description of 99% of Corbin. Most feel entitled to something. Dudley and most of Bell are grumpy old fans, us against the world. Better win the title or soon Corbin may be labeled as a very under achieving programs. Good luck to both.

The only thing people in Corbin feel entitled to is what they work for and earn.

Underachieving program?:please: Corbin has not underachieved in any year since Haddix has been here. They have just been beaten by better teams, deep in the playoffs. If that is underachieving, then we can live with it.