Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaching Carousel
Fun fact: Oliver Lucas applied at Dunbar at the same time as Chris Mullins.

Also: I've seen Dunbar play twice over the past couple of years. There is NO WAY they had 70 players. I'm guessing 50, at best.

But I think it could be a good job for the right person.
Don Draper Wrote:Fun fact: Oliver Lucas applied at Dunbar at the same time as Chris Mullins.

Also: I've seen Dunbar play twice over the past couple of years. There is NO WAY they had 70 players. I'm guessing 50, at best.

But I think it could be a good job for the right person.

Agreed.

Their ending roster shows 64 9-12? Still pretty, well, really good numbers for a program that's had absolutely zero stability (nor success for that matter) the last 12-13 years.
wow are you serious about that ind job gonna be open soon
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Agreed.

Their ending roster shows 64 9-12? Still pretty, well, really good numbers for a program that's had absolutely zero stability (nor success for that matter) the last 12-13 years.

According to KHSAA, 25 of those are freshmen. This year's junior class was pretty good as middle schoolers and freshmen. They had over 30 players when they were freshmen, and are now down to just 13.
If the state passes the new retirement program they will be a lot of coaches leaving.
I think realignment is this summer, so Letcher probably will drop.
CoachV182 Wrote:I think realignment is this summer, so Letcher probably will drop.

I believe next season is the last for the current alignments.
hoghead Wrote:If the state passes the new retirement program they will be a lot of coaches leaving.

Lot of teachers/coaches in general will be gone in next 3 years.
hoghead Wrote:If the state passes the new retirement program they will be a lot of coaches leaving.

Better to have some then none at all.
It can't sustain itself. There in lies the problem with letting people retire in 20 years and promising people the world over the past 30 years. At the end of the day, somebody has to pay.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:I believe next season is the last for the current alignments.

That is correct.
There could actually be a lot of movement if every team goes to the class they're supposed to play in..
Just out of that 5A district 8, if I'm not mistaken, Perry and Letcher could drop, and North could be moved to 6A.

And that's just one example. I'm sure that won't happen due to "geographical" reasons, but it could.