Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Coaching Carousel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Alright, fellas. One of the worst and best parts of the year is the coaching carousel that takes place in KYHSFB.

Who is on the hot seat? Who are the top names for taking a better job?

Let's hear it!
Idk how true it is, just a rumor but I heard Eric Ratliff was leaving pike central.
Hawks32 Wrote:Idk how true it is, just a rumor but I heard Eric Ratliff was leaving pike central.

Not a bad year for Pike County Central. That could be a tough place to coach just because of the other schools in the county that he has to compete with.
Hawks with a good year. Hope he is leaving on his own accord
Middlesboro ?
Anyone heard anything about Heywood leaving Belfry for the Notre Dame job?
#55PirateFan Wrote:Anyone heard anything about Heywood leaving Belfry for the Notre Dame job?

Heard Tennessee wanted him bad.
The Spread Wrote:Heard Tennessee wanted him bad.

TN could use him! Just hope that doesn't happen. KY has a hard enough time beating Tennessee the way it is!
Teams who finished 0-10:

6A
Seneca
Paul Laurence Dunbar

5A
Woodford Co
Letcher County Central

4A
Harrison Co
Warren Central
Breckinridge Co
Marion Co
Boyd Co

2A
Holy Cross - Covington
Butler Co
Shawnee

1A
Berea
Fulton City
Caverna
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:TN could use him! Just hope that doesn't happen. KY has a hard enough time beating Tennessee the way it is!

UK can't stop Butch Jones when he runs it half the time. HEywood running it 100% of the time would be terrible news for the cats!
Bobcat4years Wrote:Middlesboro ?

Word around the rim of the crater is that no proactive coaching changes will be forthcoming. I understand and appreciate both sides of it.

As a fan and part of the program in its prior heydays, though, it’s just sad to see it in its current state.
Don Draper Wrote:Teams who finished 0-10:

6A
Seneca
Paul Laurence Dunbar

5A
Woodford Co
Letcher County Central

4A
Harrison Co
Warren Central
Breckinridge Co
Marion Co
Boyd Co

2A
Holy Cross - Covington
Butler Co
Shawnee

1A
Berea
Fulton City
Caverna

Not sure what's going on at Letcher but they should drop
To 4A
Dunbar switches coaches every over year
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Not sure what's going on at Letcher but they should drop
To 4A

You may see PCC and LCC both drop!
Gitback Coach Wrote:Word around the rim of the crater is that no proactive coaching changes will be forthcoming. I understand and appreciate both sides of it.

As a fan and part of the program in its prior heydays, though, it’s just sad to see it in its current state.

I have heard the same. Supposedly the board told the new superintendent no change right now if he wanted the job.

Very sad state of affairs.
The Spread Wrote:Heard Tennessee wanted him bad.

Heck the way it’s going in Tennessee they would hire me lol
#55PirateFan Wrote:Anyone heard anything about Heywood leaving Belfry for the Notre Dame job?

Why would he take a lesser job coaching a lesser team? He will stay at Belfry just to see how many other ways the KHSAA can come up with to try and keep Belfry out of the finals.
E's Army Wrote:Dunbar switches coaches every over year

It seems that way, but better to get rid of the wrong guy than to keep him too long. Looks like they've just made some really bad hires. I really thought Paul Rains would get them turned around, but he retired.
bac2369 Wrote:You may see PCC and LCC both drop!

Pike County Central or Perry County Central?
There are usually some jobs that open up the two weeks after the regular season ends. I'm sure there will be some teams meeting with the administration today to discuss future plans. We shall see.
Don Draper Wrote:Pike County Central or Perry County Central?

Perry
Kevin Brown of West Carter is retiring after many years (20+) as head coach. Do not know if a replacement is already in waiting or a committee will search for a new coach.
Don Draper Wrote:Teams who finished 0-10:

6A
Seneca
Paul Laurence Dunbar

5A
Woodford Co
Letcher County Central

4A
Harrison Co
Warren Central
Breckinridge Co
Marion Co
Boyd Co

2A
Holy Cross - Covington
Butler Co
Shawnee

1A
Berea
Fulton City
Caverna

Calloway County in 4A is also winless, but they only played 9 games.

And, for a fun fact, 15% of 4A is winless in the regular season.
I figure there will be some jobs opening up over the next week or two. What are the rumors?
Wouldnt it be 2018?
If I ruled the world..... I’d have

Middlesboro get all new staff
Bell get a new DC
Corbin hire a kicking coach.

Get mountain FB back up and competitive.
Hound05 Wrote:If I ruled the world..... I’d have

Middlesboro get all new staff
Bell get a new DC
Corbin hire a kicking coach.

Get mountain FB back up and competitive.

Does Corbin have soccer? I've seen several EKY teams employ a soccer player as their kicker.
Yea we did that last year I believe and had a pretty darn good kicker. This year I don’t know what the deal is. Not slamming the kid, he’s not awful or anything but that part of our game could be improved. I’ve watched probably 6 or 7 games this year and he’s missed a few PATs, FGs, ect..... I was just nitpicking to be honest with ya, shy of that we have great special teams play. But I’m all in favor of bringing on the soccer kids, anything that gives these kids more opportunities or looks from the next level guys. I’d love to go barrow the 8th graded from Boyle County. Watched him vs Corbin in the state championship. Kid is phenomenal
Hearing Harlan Ind job will be open
havent heard or been told anything about that JerryGarcia
Pages: 1 2 3