Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Belfry (10/27)
How could JC even come close to beating Belfry, they couldn't even beat Ashland.....Lets be real guys, Pulp Fiction living in fantasy land. Him and all the other JC fans to be honest.
Peter Pan ain't real son.............
I just spit the realz. Tinker Bell ant real Pulp Fiction.
Belfry by 3 touchdowns........
bucslover68 Wrote:Radio stream at WDHR.com.

Wildcat45 Wrote:I completely understand playing down to your competition being a factor.... for the rest of you, I wasn’t trying to throw off on Belfry or any of that... just gave my opinion... like I said, they beat us pretty bad, but they’ve done it in the past and looked like a much better team than I saw a few weeks ago.... I’m sure they’ll be hyped for this one, and even with a loss, they could be a contender.... I’m just saying that from the one game I saw (which admittedly was a hard one to judge from) Belfry doesn’t look like a typical Belfry team this year.... I think they are a solid top 3-4 in the state, and I haven’t seen the other top teams play this season... I just think that if Central and others improved from last year and Belfry dropped off as much as it seemed when I watched them, they aren’t gonna be champs this season.... never claimed my team was even close to Belfry... lord knows we aren’t... I also hope I’m wrong because I like seeing the teams in our area win at every level... even if it isn’t my team.. when they face Louisville teams, I root for Belfry 100% of the time
It’s obvious that the Belfry/LC game was the only Belfry game you have watched. “Dropped off as much as it seemed” I just don’t get that ....if you judge one game, which was a blowout that could have been much worse, then that’s not a body of work to go by. Belfry is actually statistically as good or better in a lot of categories over last year’s team and to be objective not as good but not that bad in others. For instance...

At this point last year Belfry....
Was 8-1, this year 8-1
Belfry was averaging 43 points per game, this year 48 points per game.
Allowing between 12-13 points per game, this year between 15-16 per game.
Passing game is more productive...
Rushing stats are as good or better...
Defensive passing stats as good or better...
Have given up more rushing yards, but that is getting better...
Replacing maybe the best O line in school history has been fairly smooth with minimal drop off...
IMO we are deeper at running back and ....
Browning at QB IS hitting his stride and is a playmaker...
Our Lbs and secondary are just as good as we have ever had....
The one area that really hasn’t been exposed but it totally different from last year is that we don’t have that one DL like Horton who makes all the sacks or TFLs, but overall the D had compensated with their quickness and improved gang tackling...
IMO there is a little drop off, but nothing like “Dropped off as much as it seemed”. I just think that 3A as a whole has gotten better in its top 5 with any of the top teams having a great chance to win it.
My prediction...27-22 Belfry.
rustyfan213 Wrote:How could JC even come close to beating Belfry, they couldn't even beat Ashland.....Lets be real guys, Pulp Fiction living in fantasy land. Him and all the other JC fans to be honest.
Peter Pan ain't real son.............

rustyfan213 Wrote:I just spit the realz. Tinker Bell ant real Pulp Fiction.

You've made three posts and two of them mention me. Thanks for joining the fan club.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
bucslover68 Wrote:My prediction...27-22 Belfry.

This game will be (and should be) tight throughout. Both teams will make big plays and mistakes. Last year, Joe Jackson's TD run on the first play from scrimmage had to be a shock to the Red team. We missed a few opportunities to score but Belfry was able to clamp down the a python on every JC mistake.

I think we had 3 turnovers last year and they all hurt.... if you give a python an inch, they can take six miles and not look back. Work the bugs out now before

Just reverse your score and I'll agree with it :biggrin:
I don’t like reverses lol!
Not that they will need it for this game, but I think JC will be extra motivated following their loss last week. I think the battle for the mountains ends with JC winning by 7.
will jc be healthy
I said it before......

Johnson Central vs. Belfry
Pikeville vs. Paintsville

These four teams playing on the same night at the same stadium would be MASSIVE!!!! Two teams from the same county that pretty much hate each other having to put the beef aside for a few hours and play for the pride of their home county. Both games are rivalries and these teams are probably the best four in Eastern KY.

Johnson County vs. Pike County.... make a traveling trophy for the winning county to be able to sit in their court house, City Hall or another public place for bragging rights.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I said it before......

Johnson Central vs. Belfry
Pikeville vs. Paintsville

These four teams playing on the same night at the same stadium would be MASSIVE!!!! Two teams from the same county that pretty much hate each other having to put the beef aside for a few hours and play for the pride of their home county. Both games are rivalries and these teams are probably the best four in Eastern KY.

Johnson County vs. Pike County.... make a traveling trophy for the winning county to be able to sit in their court house, City Hall or another public place for bragging rights.

i be darned if belfry is gonna help win a trophy to put up somewhere in pukeville...
bucslover68 Wrote:It’s obvious that the Belfry/LC game was the only Belfry game you have watched. “Dropped off as much as it seemed” I just don’t get that ....if you judge one game, which was a blowout that could have been much worse, then that’s not a body of work to go by. Belfry is actually statistically as good or better in a lot of categories over last year’s team and to be objective not as good but not that bad in others. For instance...

At this point last year Belfry....
Was 8-1, this year 8-1
Belfry was averaging 43 points per game, this year 48 points per game.
Allowing between 12-13 points per game, this year between 15-16 per game.
Passing game is more productive...
Rushing stats are as good or better...
Defensive passing stats as good or better...
Have given up more rushing yards, but that is getting better...
Replacing maybe the best O line in school history has been fairly smooth with minimal drop off...
IMO we are deeper at running back and ....
Browning at QB IS hitting his stride and is a playmaker...
Our Lbs and secondary are just as good as we have ever had....
The one area that really hasn’t been exposed but it totally different from last year is that we don’t have that one DL like Horton who makes all the sacks or TFLs, but overall the D had compensated with their quickness and improved gang tackling...
IMO there is a little drop off, but nothing like “Dropped off as much as it seemed”. I just think that 3A as a whole has gotten better in its top 5 with any of the top teams having a great chance to win it.

I think the only "drop off" this season (aside from mentioned above) is simply size. Those guys that moved on to the next level were some big guys when you stood next to them. But quickness and agility seems to make up being a little smaller. Plus they gained experience last year from going against those guys in practice and playing in running clock games. They will be fine. Just need to be injury-free.
Hurricane Storm Wrote:I think the only "drop off" this season (aside from mentioned above) is simply size. Those guys that moved on to the next level were some big guys when you stood next to them. But quickness and agility seems to make up being a little smaller. Plus they gained experience last year from going against those guys in practice and playing in running clock games. They will be fine. Just need to be injury-free.

Agree. It showed more early on the defensive side of the ball and that has been negated some by Lawson paying some snaps at nose or tackle. Belfry does a good job of helping the D line with aggressive LBs and safeties in run support.
AngryMob Wrote:i be darned if belfry is gonna help win a trophy to put up somewhere in pukeville...

Six months with Belfry.... Six months with Pikeville.

#ProblemSolved
Belfry wins 41-6 (I don't even believe that)
It’s really interesting how close this series is in the last 10 years since it was renewed in 2007.
...5-5 record
JC 240 points Belfry 196. JC has what I would call 2 more blowout wins. I think Pulp misprinted the 2009 score. It was 35-19.
What is really crazy is that each team has 3/5 wins away from home.
I really think for JC is gonna be can they finish in the red zone...the same MO has applied in their last two defeats. The last game against AHS and last year versus Belfry...Dominate the stats, but have trouble in the red zone and give up big plays.

For Belfry I thjnk they need to rattle the chains and hang on to the ball and don’t fall prey to the play action pass or trick play!!
Regardless of the outcome......It would be a mistake for opponents statewide to read anything into the final result other than its a rivalry game and anything...and I mean anything can happen.

Both programs have proven over the past few years that regardless what happens.....they're still very capable of winning championships. JC lost at home last year and went on to win the 4A. Belfry lost in 2013 and 2014 and walked away with the Gold Ring.....

Regardless what happens....IMO, Belfry and JC are still the favorites in their respective classes. A lot of noise surrounding other programs....and not throwing sand in their direction. Just think these two teams are the best in their classes.
BelfryPride Wrote:Great post. Cabell Midland was a great challenge for us. They are the second biggest school in WV and is equivalent to a KY 4A school. The first half was a great chess match, the second half Belfry took control. Getting a win at their place was huge for Belfry.

Even with the Pike Central game last Friday, we got punched in the mouth by the Hawks in the first quarter, but I love the way the Pirates responded.

I fully expect this game to come down the the fourth quarter.

Cabell is the biggest high school in WV. There enrollment is 1,910 Trinity’s enrollment is 1,400 St.X enrollment is 1,347 so Cabell would be a really big 6A in Kentucky.
bcpc Wrote:JC wins by 2 tds......

Belfry wins by 2 tds....
Belfry 34 Johnson Central 21
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Six months with Belfry.... Six months with Pikeville.

#ProblemSolved

No thanks to sharing anything with that bunch
AngryMob Wrote:i be darned if belfry is gonna help win a trophy to put up somewhere in pukeville...

Pulp Fiction Wrote:Six months with Belfry.... Six months with Pikeville.

#ProblemSolved

AngryMob Wrote:No thanks to sharing anything with that bunch

Ok then, how about two trophies. One for each of the winning schools.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Ok then, how about two trophies. One for each of the winning schools.

I'll just be honest pf id cheer for Paintsville lol
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Cabell is the biggest high school in WV. There enrollment is 1,910 Trinity’s enrollment is 1,400 St.X enrollment is 1,347 so Cabell would be a really big 6A in Kentucky.

There are bigger schools than Trinity and st x. Their enrollment is multiplied by 1.5 because they're private. You're right though. Cabell would be a 6a school in ky. Don't think they'd compete for any titles though.
AngryMob Wrote:I'll just be honest pf id cheer for Paintsville lol

I struggle with wearing Blue & White for UK games..... and anybody that knows me knows how big of a UK fan I am. Don't wanna get mistaken for a Paintsville fan.
But I would like to see the four schools in the two counties play for bragging rights.

Johnson & Pike counties have the best football programs in the mountains & by mountains I'm talking the 14th, 15th & 16th basketball regions. Have a company sponsor the event and split the revenue among the four teams. The thought of JC fans & Paintsville fans sitting on the same side of the stadium across from Pikeville & Belfry fans sitting together would be so awkward, but kinda awesome.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:There are bigger schools than Trinity and st x. Their enrollment is multiplied by 1.5 because they're private. You're right though. Cabell would be a 6a school in ky. Don't think they'd compete for any titles though.

There is no West Virginia big school that would compete with the best the Big 3 has to offer every year.

Cabell Midland is usually a decent comparison to the better NKY 6A Schools.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I struggle with wearing Blue & White for UK games..... and anybody that knows me knows how big of a UK fan I am. Don't wanna get mistaken for a Paintsville fan.
But I would like to see the four schools in the two counties play for bragging rights.

Johnson & Pike counties have the best football programs in the mountains & by mountains I'm talking the 14th, 15th & 16th basketball regions. Have a company sponsor the event and split the revenue among the four teams. The thought of JC fans & Paintsville fans sitting on the same side of the stadium across from Pikeville & Belfry fans sitting together would be so awkward, but kinda awesome.

This has been obvious. Shameful especially in today's age but obvious. I grew up through the hayday of the JC Paintsville Rivalry but fact is, now their is no rivalry with the kids most are close friends, just some adults that cling on to something that's just not there anymore. I've always supported both of these schools. I wear both colors because I am proud of my area of Johnson county and its county seat of Paintsville. I'm extremely proud of what these kids have done in the last 5 years. All of Johnson county has now become a major football county for this state. Last few years they both have found their way atop the 4A and 1A
Rankings! Maybe we'll get there when THIS age group of kids are adults!
Single Wing 77 Wrote:There are bigger schools than Trinity and st x. Their enrollment is multiplied by 1.5 because they're private. You're right though. Cabell would be a 6a school in ky. Don't think they'd compete for any titles though.
No it isn't. Kentucky doesn't use a multiplier for private schools. They use male enrollment.

T and X have all-male enrollments and Cabell would have 300-400 less males than either of them in KY's alignment, but they would still be 6A