Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Belfry (10/27)
Guys, this isn’t the NFL. You don’t rest starters in HS football if they’re healthy. Suggesting otherwise is ludicrous.
BelfryPride Wrote:Well, losing a game don't guarantee a win the next game. JC wants to beat Belfry and Belfry wants to beat JC. Both teams will play their best.

Well of course not. If that was the case no one would ever be undefeated haha. I thought belfry would win. Now I just think JC will be hungry and more focused is all. No more or less. It wasn’t a shot a belfry. Just an opinion. Doesn’t change anything in about 4 weeks if they win or lose. I know what we’re looking at. Still think JC takes it by 2. Lack of competition takes a toll on a team. We seen it this week, casey (who is prob gonna be in the region champ. With us) showed up and gave us a wake up call. I think JC is better than casey co and belfry past couple of games other than maybe other than midland is under par, so that’s my reasoning behind it. On top of their loss this week and being hungry. Wish ya an injury free game though
smoke1015 Wrote:Cakewalk for Johnson Central.

There’s one thing about it we’ll find out Friday Night
Nobody with any sense will say JC or Belfry is a 'cake walk'.

4 straight state titles for the Red
Defending 4A state champs in the Black & Gold.

I realize these aren't the teams of last year, but these two are not a cake walk for anybody. Rocky got KO'ed by Clubber Lang.... Last week, JC lost what some would call a Split Decision or Majority Draw in boxing. But a Loss is a Loss. An L is an L.

We can't let Ashland beat us twice.... Once on the scoreboard and in our heads. Big deal, we lost. That was last week. Belfry is our opponent this week. We will find out what we're made of at the CAM.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Should be another good game. Just hope it is an injury free contest as both teams head into the playoffs.
Sorry to hear that report on Jackson as have heard he is as good of a kid as he is a football player.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Nobody with any sense will say JC or Belfry is a 'cake walk'.

I realize these aren't the teams of last year, but these two are not a cake walk for anybody. Rocky got KO'ed by Clubber Lang.... Last week, JC lost what some would call a Split Decision or Majority Draw in boxing. But a Loss is a Loss. An L is an L.

We can't let Ashland beat us twice.... Once on the scoreboard and in our heads. Big deal, we lost. That was last week. Belfry is our opponent this week. We will find out what we're made of at the CAM.

There was a lot of sarcasm in my cakewalk comment. I don't normally disrespect any team, whether it's Trinity, or it's Berea middle-school...I know the history of Belfry and Johnson Central and that it should be a pretty even matchup.
The All-Times series: Belfry leads 27-6.

1971: Belfry 59-6
1972: Belfry 54-6
1973: Belfry 14-0
1974: Belfry 38-0
1975: Belfry 47-8
1976: Belfry 14-13
1978: Belfry 24-14
1979: Belfry 40-0
1980: Belfry 28-6
1981: Belfry 28-0
1982: Belfry 26-0
1983: Belfry 12-0
1984: Belfry 35-6
1985: Belfry 28-14
1986: Belfry 45-18
1987: Belfry 41-6
1988: Johnson Central 1-0 Belfry 45-15; This was ruled a forfeit, Belfry used an ineligible player.
1989: Belfry 33-0
1990: Belfry 42-6
1995: Belfry 30-15
1996: Belfry 28-0
1997: Belfry 36-8
1998: Belfry 21-11
2007: Belfry 28-12
2008: Belfry 21-13
2009: Johnson Central 25-19
2010: Johnson Central 42-7
2011: Johnson Central 21-14
2012: Belfry 17-12
2013: Johnson Central 54-28
2014: Johnson Central 35-0
2015: Belfry 41-0
2016: Belfry 16-21
smoke1015 Wrote:There was a lot of sarcasm in my cakewalk comment. I don't normally disrespect any team, whether it's Trinity, or it's Berea middle-school...I know the history of Belfry and Johnson Central and that it should be a pretty even matchup.

Sorry Smoke I shouldn’t have used cake walk Casey had proving there self as a contender after we got started I was just aggravating a Little bit good Luck to Casey the rest of the way
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Nobody with any sense will say JC or Belfry is a 'cake walk'.

One thing I can say for Coach Matney you might beat his team once but twice in the same year not very often he will have the Eagles ready come playoff time for Ashland that I can promise as for Friday night it’s going to be a good ol slobber knocker tune up kind of game for the playoffs.
For the past few years, I've been one that has wanted it moved to earlier in the season. This season, I'm glad it's at the end of the season.

JC's district teams, besides Ashland, are down this year. That's four weeks of not playing top tier teams. Add in the week before district play started, we played @ Moore in Louisville. They are decent (5-4 so far), but not top tier competition either. That's five weeks straight of games against teams that are rebuilding or having an off season.

Against Ashland, we made some mistakes that normally we could recover from against the teams we played the five weeks prior. Two botched pitch plays early, two fumbles late in the 4th qtr., deep in Ashland's territory, the wide open WR pass TD was & not getting a single 2pt. conv. was too much to recover from. Take away one of those mistakes and the outcome is probably different. But we can't do that. Last year, trading blows with Belfry was great. That game showed us what we were good at and what we needed to work on.

I'll say the same thing for Belfry. They've played some good teams, but the past nine weeks, they've really not been challenged. Corbin is on the horizon and Pond Creek is smelling a 5-peat. The Huntington game feels like years ago. Better to be challenged in a game that doesn't effect your playoff seeding rather than being in the Semi-State game and not be able to answer the bell.

This game is great for EKY football. Two public schools from mountains makes the entire state take notice.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:For the past few years, I've been one that has wanted it moved to earlier in the season. This season, I'm glad it's at the end of the season.

JC's district teams, besides Ashland, are down this year. That's four weeks of not playing top tier teams. Add in the week before district play started, we played @ Moore in Louisville. They are decent (5-4 so far), but not top tier competition either. That's five weeks straight of games against teams that are rebuilding or having an off season.

Against Ashland, we made some mistakes that normally we could recover from against the teams we played the five weeks prior. Two botched pitch plays early, two fumbles late in the 4th qtr., deep in Ashland's territory, the wide open WR pass TD was & not getting a single 2pt. conv. was too much to recover from. Take away one of those mistakes and the outcome is probably different. But we can't do that. Last year, trading blows with Belfry was great. That game showed us what we were good at and what we needed to work on.

I'll say the same thing for Belfry. They've played some good teams, but the past nine weeks, they've really not been challenged. Corbin is on the horizon and Pond Creek is smelling a 5-peat. The Huntington game feels like years ago. Better to be challenged in a game that doesn't effect your playoff seeding rather than being in the Semi-State game and not be able to answer the bell.

This game is great for EKY football. Two public schools from mountains makes the entire state take notice.

Great post. Cabell Midland was a great challenge for us. They are the second biggest school in WV and is equivalent to a KY 4A school. The first half was a great chess match, the second half Belfry took control. Getting a win at their place was huge for Belfry.

Even with the Pike Central game last Friday, we got punched in the mouth by the Hawks in the first quarter, but I love the way the Pirates responded.

I fully expect this game to come down the the fourth quarter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think JC bounces back from last week’s upset and beats Belfry by about 17.... if they don’t, they can probably kiss their chance at a state title goodbye unless the entire state is down this year... Belfry kicked our butts a couple of weeks ago, but I’d be lying if I said they impressed me.... Maybe it was because they didn’t have to do anything special tho... I don’t think Belfry will be playing for a title this season, but like I said, I could be wrong... hard to judge a team on a game they win by 40 points
Wildcat45 Wrote:I think JC bounces back from last week’s upset and beats Belfry by about 17.... if they don’t, they can probably kiss their chance at a state title goodbye unless the entire state is down this year... Belfry kicked our butts a couple of weeks ago, but I’d be lying if I said they impressed me.... Maybe it was because they didn’t have to do anything special tho... I don’t think Belfry will be playing for a title this season, but like I said, I could be wrong... hard to judge a team on a game they win by 40 points

Your right you can’t judge off that because if we hadn’t played our JV the 4th we probably would have beat by 65 so I don’t really think you can go off that lol
PIRATE PRIDE
JC by 3pts
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Your right you can’t judge off that because if we hadn’t played our JV the 4th we probably would have beat by 65 so I don’t really think you can go off that lol
PIRATE PRIDE

Wasn’t even comparing score wise... I wasn’t impressed with the level of play in the first half even... just expected Belfry to be better than what I saw... still dominated us, but I didn’t see a state title caliber team
Wildcat45 Wrote:Wasn’t even comparing score wise... I wasn’t impressed with the level of play in the first half even... just expected Belfry to be better than what I saw... still dominated us, but I didn’t see a state title caliber team

I respect your opinion I don’t agree with it but that’s what this site is for I’ve seen the rest of the teams in 3A it will be a little harder but the same results we’ve had a problem of playing down to our competition that’s not a throw off it’s the truth when we play good teams we play good when we play bad teams it takes us longer to get going sometimes but we’ll see after this week it’s win or go home and the bunch we got is winners we’ll see how it goes
Wildcat45 Wrote:I think JC bounces back from last week’s upset and beats Belfry by about 17.... if they don’t, they can probably kiss their chance at a state title goodbye unless the entire state is down this year... Belfry kicked our butts a couple of weeks ago, but I’d be lying if I said they impressed me.... Maybe it was because they didn’t have to do anything special tho... I don’t think Belfry will be playing for a title this season, but like I said, I could be wrong... hard to judge a team on a game they win by 40 points

Are you from Lawrence County?
bucslover68 Wrote:Are you from Lawrence County?

That would be a yesssssss

Didn't realize we had a comedian in our midst!

That's some funny stuff:lmao:
Guessing humor is all they have left in Lawrence Co........Smile
Smile
I believe if my team got hammered by 40 points I wouldn't even put my 2 cents in, especially about the team that beat my team by 40 points. That's just me.
I am DYING to stir some crap in this thread!!! Love these tradition rich programs, and I know quite a few folks on both sides BUT, it's almost time for the Christmas season, so I am going to shut up be a good little girl!!!!

Wink
This game should be on Pay-Per-View.

It would probably get bigger numbers than Mayweather vs. McGregor.......
Certainly a better contest!!!
Granny Bear Wrote:Certainly a better contest!!!

I agree lol
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I respect your opinion I don’t agree with it but that’s what this site is for I’ve seen the rest of the teams in 3A it will be a little harder but the same results we’ve had a problem of playing down to our competition that’s not a throw off it’s the truth when we play good teams we play good when we play bad teams it takes us longer to get going sometimes but we’ll see after this week it’s win or go home and the bunch we got is winners we’ll see how it goes

I completely understand playing down to your competition being a factor.... for the rest of you, I wasn’t trying to throw off on Belfry or any of that... just gave my opinion... like I said, they beat us pretty bad, but they’ve done it in the past and looked like a much better team than I saw a few weeks ago.... I’m sure they’ll be hyped for this one, and even with a loss, they could be a contender.... I’m just saying that from the one game I saw (which admittedly was a hard one to judge from) Belfry doesn’t look like a typical Belfry team this year.... I think they are a solid top 3-4 in the state, and I haven’t seen the other top teams play this season... I just think that if Central and others improved from last year and Belfry dropped off as much as it seemed when I watched them, they aren’t gonna be champs this season.... never claimed my team was even close to Belfry... lord knows we aren’t... I also hope I’m wrong because I like seeing the teams in our area win at every level... even if it isn’t my team.. when they face Louisville teams, I root for Belfry 100% of the time
Wildcat45 Wrote:I completely understand playing down to your competition being a factor.... for the rest of you, I wasn’t trying to throw off on Belfry or any of that... just gave my opinion... like I said, they beat us pretty bad, but they’ve done it in the past and looked like a much better team than I saw a few weeks ago.... I’m sure they’ll be hyped for this one, and even with a loss, they could be a contender.... I’m just saying that from the one game I saw (which admittedly was a hard one to judge from) Belfry doesn’t look like a typical Belfry team this year.... I think they are a solid top 3-4 in the state, and I haven’t seen the other top teams play this season... I just think that if Central and others improved from last year and Belfry dropped off as much as it seemed when I watched them, they aren’t gonna be champs this season.... never claimed my team was even close to Belfry... lord knows we aren’t... I also hope I’m wrong because I like seeing the teams in our area win at every level... even if it isn’t my team.. when they face Louisville teams, I root for Belfry 100% of the time

As evidence by regular season meetings since the beginning of time belfry never plays great against Lawrence (the 1st time anyways)
The Ft. Pond Creek National battlefield.

Putting the Skull & Crossbones outlined in Red on the 50 yd. line would be awesome for you guys.

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/att...1508871428]

[Image: https://www.picclickimg.com/d/l400/pict/...yl-Car.jpg]
Oh that would be so cool!!!