Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 35 Casey County 14
HighViz Wrote:^ this guy/girl sounds butthurt to me. Sound the alarm!

Not butt hurt just questioning some people's facts and comments. I used common sense and looked up some facts about some the comments presented and didn't rely on some post that was lacking factual knowledge. I could care less about what class the are in but please post facts. Now as far as the alarm goes please do not comment on my butt and wondering if it is hurting because that is a little strange.
Snow Wrote:So a lot of Corbin football players come there because of academics and not football?

You make it sounds like a joke, but Corbin has always been one of the top academic public schools in the state. Would you send your kids to Lynn Camp or Corbin if you were worried about academics?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You make it sounds like a joke, but Corbin has always been one of the top academic public schools in the state. Would you send your kids to Lynn Camp or Corbin if you were worried about academics?

Never mentioned a joke just asked a simple question. Geee why become offended over a simple comment. I would send my kids to the school they belong in and help that school become a school of rising scores.
Snow Wrote:Not butt hurt just questioning some people's facts and comments. I used common sense and looked up some facts about some the comments presented and didn't rely on some post that was lacking factual knowledge. I could care less about what class the are in but please post facts. Now as far as the alarm goes please do not comment on my butt and wondering if it is hurting because that is a little strange.

Ok, I'm sorry about that. Everyone is jus so fragile these days. Will a box of tissues work then? As RIUTG said, facts are in the scores statewide. Do a little research on that while you are at it.:flush:
Back to the purpose of this thread. Congrats to Corbin on the win and keep working cast county.
HighViz Wrote:Ok, I'm sorry about that. Everyone is jus so fragile these days. Will a box of tissues work then? As RIUTG said, facts are in the scores statewide. Do a little research on that while you are at it.:flush:

Just did and I do not need a box of tissues. Calm down on the childish comments. Congrats to Corbin
smoke1015 Wrote:I do want to thank Corbin fans for being complimentary. Numerous Casey players reported having congrats, and pats from Corbin fans, etc.. for a game well played, etc.. Good on you guys. I tried to do the same to Corbin players I saw. Game go hard, after, fine to show respect IMO.

If you had won you wouldn't have seen the same compliment or respect.
I was able to come over and watch this game and for three quarters, it was a great one. If you love football, then you have to love defense, and what a great defensive battle it was for 3 quarters. I believe I heard Corbin only had around 100 yards of offense in the first half (how many teams have done that to them this year) and Casey couldn't have had much more, if any than that (I'm sure nobody has done that to them either). Corbin fans were flat out stunned. When the PA announcer has to try to get your team going in the 4th quarter, you know the home crowd was just in shock. Congrats to Corbin for capitalizing on Casey's mistakes in the fourth to win their district. I'm sure these teams will meet again in 4 weeks and I will definitely attend that game as well.
Snow Wrote:They are bigger than some teams in 5A.

Snow Wrote:Just saying they are closer to 5A numbers than 4A numbers playing in 3A.its all good though

Snow Wrote:In 2000 Corbin's population was 7,742
In 2016 Corbin's population was 7,304
How is Corbin population growing like crazy?

Snow Wrote:Congrats to Corbin. But with almost a 1000 students why are they playing in 3A? Honest question and nothing negative being tried here.

Really....
Snow Wrote:Never mentioned a joke just asked a simple question. Geee why become offended over a simple comment. I would send my kids to the school they belong in and help that school become a school of rising scores.
10 to 1 kids come to Corbin for academics compared to sports. You might not, but a large majority of parents want their children to get the best education possible. You can hate them or fault them all you want for wanting the best for their children but trust me, it's no sweat of our brow.
Corbin has a lot to offer academically, all sports compete at a high level and is covenantly located near Knox and Laurel...If you live in north Whitley Co, west Knox or south Laurel where is it closer for you to go or where is the best school...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What is the cost for students from other counties to attend corbin?
diceman Wrote:What is the cost for students from other counties to attend corbin?

Any kid in the Whitley County school district can attend Corbin free of charge due to the reciprocal agreement and vice versa.
I think laurel county is the same and Knox was, but ended it a few years ago. Not sure if they got one back now. I think they do.
If you would go to KHSAA and look under football: the enrollment data is there and it shows that Corbin’s enrollment has increased over the past 10 years. They ended the year with 932 student, half would be 466 which would jump them to 4A. Our enrollment at BCHS is 775 and dropping.(387) All school is Eastern Ky 13th Region is dropping and I’m sure that North, South and Corbin are benefitting from that.
Family size decrease and Jobs is the reason for number increase in those areas.
High academic scores help and solid athletic programs help those schools..
Our numbers will increase some because of our state test schools at our high school and hiring two top coaches in basketball and football. Watch out Middlesboro and Pville..
RIUTG
Someone had told me that Laurel and Corbin do not do reciprocal agreements. Not for sure?
Lynn Camp?
Corbin has the highest academic scores around here. Their football team has a chance to go to state. Their boys basketball team got beat out in the region finals last season and are favorites this year. Girls and boys soccer both won region. Volleyball is second round of region currently. Golf and tennis teams typically win region. That level of success in sports combined with high academic scores is essentially the best of both worlds.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Any kid in the Whitley County school district can attend Corbin free of charge due to the reciprocal agreement and vice versa.
I think laurel county is the same and Knox was, but ended it a few years ago. Not sure if they got one back now. I think they do.

Laurel county definitely doesn't have a reciprocal with Corbin. Heck, you can't even switch from North to South. So it wouldn't make sense to have a reciprocal with another county.
There's no disputing Corbin's test scores and academics, nor their success at football. Them leaving 3A would advance my team further, maybe, and open an easier path to district and region titles, BUT, still not any easier for the real prize, state championships, PLUS, having the tradition of a Corbin in your class is a cool thing. I've never personally had a problem with 'em other than the time we couldn't get a window for our coaches and my video, but I don't even think that was the Corbin's coaches fault or anything. I am not a fan of ANYONE, until my team is put out, and basically loath everyone equally, but there are some teams I would prefer win certain games, etc..For years we were Central fans, lol, as we got beat in the first round by Central for about 4 years in a row! We would go watch them every year in the 2nd, 3rd, or region titles as well as the state championship.
Back to this game, and final thought I have, it was heck of a game. Two really good defenses with well above average offenses for 3A schools. Mostly stifled each other. I do not believe it took one team 3 quarters to "wake up", but it did take 3 quarters to finally wear down a smaller school. Nothing but credit there to a proven program. Next game, whether it's an early offensive explosion, or another 3 quarter battle, I'm hoping Casey can maintain their stamina and this thing is down to the wire.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Corbin has the highest academic scores around here. Their football team has a chance to go to state. Their boys basketball team got beat out in the region finals last season and are favorites this year. Girls and boys soccer both won region. Volleyball is second round of region currently. Golf and tennis teams typically win region. That level of success in sports combined with high academic scores is essentially the best of both worlds.

Fair question for you though. Would any of what you just stated be possible if they only got to use the kids that actually live in Corbin school district?
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Fair question for you though. Would any of what you just stated be possible if they only got to use the kids that actually live in Corbin school district?

Well define the Corbin school district, not as an obvious hater but define limits. If kids where not at Corbin legally wouldn’t that be easily proven. I define limits as to include reciprocating agreements as it is legal, if your talking Corbin city limits that’s different. City limits have nothing to do with school district. We are a town made up of three counties, with a small limits that are considered city, that our school sets in. I am confused do you have a point or just trying to discredit what Corbin has accomplished. If laurel county built a school between north and south and called in London independent and pulled from both counties you wouldn’t be on here complaining. Also Kids just don’t wake up and change schools something pushed them there instead of directing all your negativity to Corbin, spend that energy and find out why kids move in the first place.
Most kids leave for playing time
Most kids leave because they think they are better than they are
Most kids leave because parents think their better than they are
Most kids leave because of girlfriends
Most kids leave because they aren't good enough to play on team they left
Most kids leave because parents think it's better everywhere else

I read where a south laurel kid scored a perfect on act test, most schools around are good if the kids try
Bobcat4years Wrote:RIUTG
Someone had told me that Laurel and Corbin do not do reciprocal agreements. Not for sure?
Lynn Camp?

Lynn camp is a Knox county school.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Well define the Corbin school district, not as an obvious hater but define limits. If kids where not at Corbin legally wouldn’t that be easily proven. I define limits as to include reciprocating agreements as it is legal, if your talking Corbin city limits that’s different. City limits have nothing to do with school district. We are a town made up of three counties, with a small limits that are considered city, that our school sets in. I am confused do you have a point or just trying to discredit what Corbin has accomplished. If laurel county built a school between north and south and called in London independent and pulled from both counties you wouldn’t be on here complaining. Also Kids just don’t wake up and change schools something pushed them there instead of directing all your negativity to Corbin, spend that energy and find out why kids move in the first place.

Corbin in 3 counties.
Seems Corbin is in Whitley a Ned not Knox or Laurel.
At least I was always taught that.

Now if you mean Corbin gets kids from all 3 counties then that's more believable.
diceman Wrote:Most kids leave for playing time
Most kids leave because they think they are better than they are
Most kids leave because parents think their better than they are
Most kids leave because of girlfriends
Most kids leave because they aren't good enough to play on team they left
Most kids leave because parents think it's better everywhere else

I read where a south laurel kid scored a perfect on act test, most schools around are good if the kids try

Most kids can't leave for six different reasons. You're list is contradictive and clearly shows your ignorance.
However if a kid isn't "good" enough to play yet he goes to a better defensive team and starts or plays a lot it says something. It sounds like MOST people in MOST schools start because of their last name, or MOST of the coaches at those school don't know how to evaluate, develope, and Coach talent.
diceman Wrote:Corbin in 3 counties.
Seems Corbin is in Whitley a Ned not Knox or Laurel.
At least I was always taught that.

Now if you mean Corbin gets kids from all 3 counties then that's more believable.

Corbin lies in Whitley and Knox counties. It would lie in a third county (Laurel) but state law prohibits it. Corbin and Whitley county have an unlimited reciprocal agreement Corbin and Knox have a reciprocal agreement that sets a cap on how many Knox county kids can go to Corbin. I love how many people talk out their butts with no real knowledge. They just regurgitate what their buddies feed them without actually checking any facts.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Most kids can't leave for six different reasons. You're list is contradictive and clearly shows your ignorance.
However if a kid isn't "good" enough to play yet he goes to a better defensive team and starts or plays a lot it says something. It sounds like MOST people in MOST schools start because of their last name, or MOST of the coaches at those school don't know how to evaluate, develope, and Coach talent.

It shows your ignorance because those are all different reasons a kid may transfer, not all of them in one.

Yeah a kid may transfer from a big school and go to a small school and get to play more, that don't mean the coaches can't evaluate talent, it means there are better players ahead of the kid.
This got OT reaaaaaaaaaaaal bad. Haha. Corbin lies in 3 technically 2 counties. A lot of kids come to corbin for both sports and academics. What’s the issue? I went to corbin. I didn’t live inside the school district. I was supposed to attend Lynn camp or a Knox co school. I was put in the corbin school district from kindergarten on using my grand parents address that was in the school district. Obviously I went for academics because no one cares about sports when your 6 yrs old haha. If I was older, I would have still wanted to go to corbin for sports over Knox co. I’m glad I did go to corbin. It prepared me for college better than any surrounding school, it gave me the opportunity to receive a sports scholarship. And along the way I picked up numerous district, region, championships, and a state runner up. People want the best thing available to them. What’s the problem with that? Maybe other schools should figure out why their kids don’t want to stay there??
Just curious but how many D1 players from Corbin in last 10yrs?