Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 35 Casey County 14
Final :partyhard. I'm gonna drink a few more beers after this one :partyhard Congratulations Corbin :Cheerlead and Congratulations Casey County :Cheerlead we will meet again Confusedmoke:
Can you bring me one next time
Congrats to the Hounds.
This must have been a great game congratulations to both teams
Congrats to Corbin. But with almost a 1000 students why are they playing in 3A? Honest question and nothing negative being tried here.
Enrollment has increased a lot since the last realignment. They'll most likely go to 4a in the next one.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Enrollment has increased a lot since the last realignment. They'll most likely go to 4a in the next one.

They are bigger than some teams in 5A.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Enrollment has increased a lot since the last realignment. They'll most likely go to 4a in the next one.

Just saying they are closer to 5A numbers than 4A numbers playing in 3A.its all good though

IMO doesn't matter much, other than helping Casey and other upcoming programs to have maybe better records and a deeper run (maybe) in the playoff. Corbin will still be awesome and have a chance for a championship at 4A as well. I dare say, possibly a tiny, slightest bit, easier route...
Snow Wrote:They are bigger than some teams in 5A.

The only 5a teams they are bigger than are the teams who are playing up. That's why they realign every few years though. I personally hate to see Corbin move to 4a I think 3a is a deeper class. Outside of johnson central (who is a dang good football team), the bottom drops pretty quickly as far as consistently good teams is concerned. 3a is four to five deep in a given season, 4a is two to three deep. It will be nice to rekindle the Wayne county rivalry though.
wayne county will fall off after this year losing a lot of this years team
Corbin's enrollment was 927 last year. That would put them in the middle of 4A. Perry Central looks like they are headed down to 4A. Hounds enrollment continues to grow because of their academic reputation.
New alignment Co PD have: Corbin, Clay Co, Knox, Letcher and Perry Central..
Opposite district: Wayne Co,Rockcastle, Russell Co and Boyle Co.
Based on this years numbers ( Boys)
Boyle and Corbin in the same region would be a battle of the titans. Wayne, Rock and Boyle in the same district would be a black and blue division. Corbin and Knox Central playing every year in a meaningful game would be a treat.
Bobcat4years Wrote:New alignment Co PD have: Corbin, Clay Co, Knox, Letcher and Perry Central..
Opposite district: Wayne Co,Rockcastle, Russell Co and Boyle Co.
Based on this years numbers ( Boys)

Perry and Letcher could have been 4A in the last alignment but requested to play up in class due to travel.

I've been saying for the last couple of years in here that Corbins population is growing like crazy.
They really did have 3A number the last realignment.
Now they already have middle of the pack 4A numbers.

One things for sure, come next realignment, Corbin, Rock, Clay, and Knox will be in a district together IMO
Corbin would have a way better chance at winning a title at 4a. That is as long as you know who doesn't move up also.
So Boyle would move up to 4A as well?
Letcher and Perry may play 4A. Corbin could be placed in a district with Boyle.
E's Army Wrote:Letcher and Perry may play 4A. Corbin could be placed in a district with Boyle.

Shew...that would be nasty. 2 darn good games cause I'm sure they'd meet at least twice that way.
Boyle and Corbin would never be in the same district no matter the class.
Actually got to make it to the game and it was a great by both teams. Corbin did not put the game out of reach until late in the fourth quarter. I am looking forward to another great game in the playoffs.
HOFER Wrote:Corbin would have a way better chance at winning a title at 4a. That is as long as you know who doesn't move up also.

You know who I am guessing is belfry, they may actually go down if the numbers are in comparison to middle school. Belfry middle dropped to d3 from d2. Don’t quote me but this is my assumption and I may dead wrong I have been once before.
HOFER Wrote:Corbin would have a way better chance at winning a title at 4a. That is as long as you know who doesn't move up also.

Not to concerned if they do, even though they have no chance at moving up. Corbin’s foundation/Feeder is solid coming up. Both middle school teams will prob be in the state championship. 7th definitely. We’re set no matter what with a good future regardless of anyone else
If Corbin moves up to 4A there district will be much tougher. Assuming Rock doesn't get shuffled to a different region, it will be tougher to beat Rock and Knox than Casey and Bell most years.
Spark Wrote:Actually got to make it to the game and it was a great by both teams. Corbin did not put the game out of reach until late in the fourth quarter. I am looking forward to another great game in the playoffs.

Corbin's defense is legit great. From top to bottom. I thought Casey matched them most of the way on defense. I really brag on our ILB's, especially AJ Glenn. Kid is like a 2nd son to me and have coached with those guys (until highs-school) for about 9 years, from kindergarten. But Corbin is so super solid all the way through their D line, linebackers, and maybe their strongest group, their secondary. Field position battle was all Corbin in the 2nd half and Sizemore came through on a few big plays. I was a bit surprised we couldn't run on Corbin just a little better, but they are the real deal. I hope Casey can put that kind of game together again in the playoff, and also that Corbin can make some of those same mistakes. Casey can't turn the ball over, ever, to that team.
I do want to thank Corbin fans for being complimentary. Numerous Casey players reported having congrats, and pats from Corbin fans, etc.. for a game well played, etc.. Good on you guys. I tried to do the same to Corbin players I saw. Game go hard, after, fine to show respect IMO.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Perry and Letcher could have been 4A in the last alignment but requested to play up in class due to travel.

I've been saying for the last couple of years in here that Corbins population is growing like crazy.
They really did have 3A number the last realignment.
Now they already have middle of the pack 4A numbers.

One things for sure, come next realignment, Corbin, Rock, Clay, and Knox will be in a district together IMO

In 2000 Corbin's population was 7,742
In 2016 Corbin's population was 7,304
How is Corbin population growing like crazy?
E's Army Wrote:Corbin's enrollment was 927 last year. That would put them in the middle of 4A. Perry Central looks like they are headed down to 4A. Hounds enrollment continues to grow because of their academic reputation.

So a lot of Corbin football players come there because of academics and not football?
^ this guy/girl sounds butthurt to me. Sound the alarm!
Snow Wrote:In 2000 Corbin's population was 7,742
In 2016 Corbin's population was 7,304
How is Corbin population growing like crazy?

Corbin SCHOOL POPULATION.
Not the town. What would the town have to do with anything?
A little FYI most people from "Corbin" doesn't live in city limits like myself. There just isn't a lot of room in city limits to create housing. Look at Corbins school population 10 years ago till today. That's where you'll see the difference. There's a reason they built their primary school where they did. They have got a good amount of county kids, athletes or not. Completely legal as well with the reciprocal agreement.