Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 35 Casey County 14
diceman Wrote:It shows your ignorance because those are all different reasons a kid may transfer, not all of them in one.

Yeah a kid may transfer from a big school and go to a small school and get to play more, that don't mean the coaches can't evaluate talent, it means there are better players ahead of the kid.

Again, your ignorance is showing. That "bigger" school your talking about has fewer players on its roster than the "smaller" does. Plus that "smaller" school plays better defense than that "bigger" school and would beat them like a drum. Just like they did in the middle school region championship saturday. Its even better that Larkey was on the sideline trying to work his "magic" to keep you guys in it. How did that work out?

Also, off the top of my head Corbin has had 2 players get D1 scholarships in the last ten years. One went to EKU and one went to Southern Illinois. How many region titles has your school won in their history?
I know we had another one go to UK on scholarship. Lawson, RB that graduated in 04.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Again, your ignorance is showing. That "bigger" school your talking about has fewer players on its roster than the "smaller" does. Plus that "smaller" school plays better defense than that "bigger" school and would beat them like a drum. Just like they did in the middle school region championship saturday. Its even better that Larkey was on the sideline trying to work his "magic" to keep you guys in it. How did that work out?

Also, off the top of my head Corbin has had 2 players get D1 scholarships in the last ten years. One went to EKU and one went to Southern Illinois. How many region titles has your school won in their history?
Notice he still hasn’t answered the question of why players keep wanting to leave north? Haha
Hound05 Wrote:I know we had another one go to UK on scholarship. Lawson, RB that graduated in 04.

Stradley who graduated in 04 was on scholarship to wku as well. But that's been over 10 years ago.
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:Fair question for you though. Would any of what you just stated be possible if they only got to use the kids that actually live in Corbin school district?

Several new housing subdivisions were built just outside of Corbin in the Lynn Camp school district. Most of the people who bought there were told by local realtors that they could send their kids to Corbin while paying much lower property tax rates than if buying in the Corbin school district. Also, most of these people living just outside the school district work in Corbin as well and it's more more convenient to send their kids there. If I lived 5 minutes from a corbin school, I wouldn't drive or send them on a bus to either London or Williamsburg to attend the county school either.
diceman Wrote:It shows your ignorance because those are all different reasons a kid may transfer, not all of them in one.

Yeah a kid may transfer from a big school and go to a small school and get to play more, that don't mean the coaches can't evaluate talent, it means there are better players ahead of the kid.

So with all this talent and coaching expertise just how the hell are you in a three way tie in your district? :Shaking: Which btw maybe the weakest in 5A football!!