Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 32 Raceland 18 FINAL
Patriot1 Wrote:Swamp donkey I am not a Raceland fan I just love High School football and watch a lot of film. I was just being honest and in the conversation. No disrespect to you or anyone else.

Hey I get that. I'm not trying to single anyone out, It just gets old listening to fans of teams that get beaten by a liberal score, attribute it to officiating. ESPECIALLY coming from Raceland fans lol playing at that place is like nowhere else man. It's easy to bash the team that wins.
I understand that,too.But I think it could be Paintsville and Beechwood in the finals and penalties like they get could really cost them against a good team. Plus you have to look at their side and it sounds like you are ready have but talking about calls at their place. Most people that lose including me always see things that should be called but isn’t, that’s just the way it is. But as you know some of these complaint are legit.
One of our fans yelled at the white hat and said @youre blind I bet you can't see the scoreboard on the other end". And the ref turns and looks at the scoreboard and says "looks great to me."
swampdonkey Wrote:Hey I get that. I'm not trying to single anyone out, It just gets old listening to fans of teams that get beaten by a liberal score, attribute it to officiating. ESPECIALLY coming from Raceland fans lol playing at that place is like nowhere else man. It's easy to bash the team that wins.
They call the unsportsmanlikes down here. They don't let the game get to riot proportions.
Like I said. Your always going to get hosed here or there in a game. Happens every game. Just keep control of the game and not let it get out of hand. I wouldn't let those guys Friday do a little league game.
swampdonkey Wrote:Hey I get that. I'm not trying to single anyone out, It just gets old listening to fans of teams that get beaten by a liberal score, attribute it to officiating. ESPECIALLY coming from Raceland fans lol playing at that place is like nowhere else man. It's easy to bash the team that wins.

Like I said before. I can see why you wouldn't like the referees anywhere but at home. When you get away with murder and then go somewhere where they call things against you you must feel like you are getting screwed. I remember the game down here they called a boat load of unsportsmanlike penalties against Paintsville. But I can see where you wouldn't like that when you get to have a free for all at your home field. Like I said before if it wasn't a district game I would never play there ever. Not my decision though I'm just a complainer. Those refs were probably on the OJ trial. NO MURDER HERE!
If we get by Paris and we meet again. And if the Refs just keep control of the game and we get beat all you will here from me on here is......good game Tigers.
I'm beating a dead horse here. Carry on.
I'm just venting. Paintsville has a good team. I just didn't like how the game was never kept under control. That place Friday night was a tinder box and it was the ref crews fault. Call the unsportsmanlike like on both teams. Just get things under control and let the two teams get down to business
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I'm just venting. Paintsville has a good team. I just didn't like how the game was never kept under control. That place Friday night was a tinder box and it was the ref crews fault. Call the unsportsmanlike like on both teams. Just get things under control and let the two teams get down to business

I agree that it was heated. But despite what viewpoint you were enjoying the game from, it got a little bit dirty on both sides. The refs are responsible for controlling that, but they obviously let them play it out. My point is that it being said the only reason Paintsville won is attributed to officiating is a joke, and the refs did not put them in a hole they couldn't dig out of. This game has become such a heated rivalry that a little bit of grit is expected in it, but ruining a good rivalry by taking the game out of the players hands and claiming it as only an outcome of poor officiating is selfish and ignorant.
The one call that did have a legitimate impact on this game was the early whistle in the first quarter that called the Paintsville player down after he fumbled and Raceland recovered. I truly believe that play impacted the momentum for the rest of the game. There were other bad calls but none of them impacted the game like that one did.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:So by saying that you are admitting that the referees didn't have control of the game.

I agree 100% that the refs let it get outta hand, on both sides. I said that as I was leaving the stadium with 4:30 to go, walking in front John Walker Phelps as his parents helped him to their vehicle to take him to the hospital.
Orange Blaze Wrote:The one call that did have a legitimate impact on this game was the early whistle in the first quarter that called the Paintsville player down after he fumbled and Raceland recovered. I truly believe that play impacted the momentum for the rest of the game. There were other bad calls but none of them impacted the game like that one did.

If you are talking about the play when the QB picked up the fumble, then fumbled it again, on Paintsville's sideline, he was down before the ball came out. It happened right in front of me.
Redneck Wrote:If you are talking about the play when the QB picked up the fumble, then fumbled it again, on Paintsville's sideline, he was down before the ball came out. It happened right in front of me.

From my point of view the play looked like it was still live but I was on the other side of the field so who knows? The bottom line is that Raceland lost this game. The officiating could have been better but at the end of the night Raceland was outplayed and out coached. Paintsville has a good team without a doubt and it is going to be tough for anyone in Class A to beat them and hopefully we can get another chance to be that team in a few weeks.
Mark my words. this game will be closer with out of region referees. just like it was in 2015. with Paintsville's refs 50-7. with out of region refs in the playoffs 20-15.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Mark my words. this game will be closer with out of region referees. just like it was in 2015. with Paintsville's refs 50-7. with out of region refs in the playoffs 20-15.

You could give Racelands players and ounce of credit for showing up to play...

No fights occurred, nobody was ejected. You act like it was a fist fight after every play, it wasn't. Offsetting penalties don't do much but slow the flow of the game.
TWO UNSPORTSMAN LIKES AND YOU ARE OUT OF THE GAME. THEY KEEP YOU FROM ACTING LIKE A JACKASS THE ENTIRE GAME. I do give our players credit. They knew what to expect when they got off the bus and they got everything the expected and they played thru it. Wonder what its like to play with one hand tied behind your back?
I do have a question about a call , when a kid throws a punch ( and it landed ) and the ref seen it and threw a flag is that not a automatic ejection or is that up to a ref to decide if the player should be ejected
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:TWO UNSPORTSMAN LIKES AND YOU ARE OUT OF THE GAME. THEY KEEP YOU FROM ACTING LIKE A JACKASS THE ENTIRE GAME. I do give our players credit. They knew what to expect when they got off the bus and they got everything the expected and they played thru it. Wonder what its like to play with one hand tied behind your back?

^Wrong mind set getting off the bus. Should be focused on the game and not the officiating. :eyeroll:
Ramcat77 Wrote:Fine, I'll bite. Who's fault was it? The QB? The refs? Did they play the music too long in between downs? Just curious.

You WIN as a team you LOSE as a team , QB play was terrible at best , line didn’t play well , punt blocking was bad
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I do have a question about a call , when a kid throws a punch ( and it landed ) and the ref seen it and threw a flag is that not a automatic ejection or is that up to a ref to decide if the player should be ejected

depends on where you're at. if you are in Paintsville where the refs wear mirrored sunglasses (with the mirrors on the inside) no......they don't get thrown out.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:TWO UNSPORTSMAN LIKES AND YOU ARE OUT OF THE GAME. THEY KEEP YOU FROM ACTING LIKE A JACKASS THE ENTIRE GAME. I do give our players credit. They knew what to expect when they got off the bus and they got everything the expected and they played thru it. Wonder what its like to play with one hand tied behind your back?

Just recap, Paintsville had more penalties called against them. Paintsville had more penalty yardage against them. Raceland couldn't run the ball at all against the Tigers. Were down 32-0. And last year Paintsville had over 200 yards in penalties at Raceland.
Yep the refs just love the Tigers.
Cool off guys. I don't want to have to close the thread.

RAM-A-DEVIL, I hated to deleted your comment. It was one of the funniest things I ever read!!!
Rams weren't cheated, they were outplayed 😑
17 against 11 sounds fair to me. does the name Custer mean anything to you Sparky?
Wasn't there a false start called on Paintsville while in victory formation?
2000PHS Wrote:Just recap, Paintsville had more penalties called against them. Paintsville had more penalty yardage against them. Raceland couldn't run the ball at all against the Tigers. Were down 32-0. And last year Paintsville had over 200 yards in penalties at Raceland.
Yep the refs just love the Tigers.

Now 2000 you know facts and the truth is not what's important! This was a CONSPIRACY!!! I think Trump has it out for the Rams this year!!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:17 against 11 sounds fair to me. does the name Custer mean anything to you Sparky?

His problem guys is obvious. He is bad with numbers. Confusednicker::moon:
Can't say you weren't warned!!