Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 32 Raceland 18 FINAL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Paintsville improves to 8-1. The Tigers looked good for 2 1/2 QT but got a little complacent! Not the time of year to do that when you get a lead! Rams finished strong and did not lay down at the end!! Congrats to Paintsville!
Congrats Paintsville.
Congratulations to Paintsville great win keeps you home in the playoff”s.
Congrats Paintsville.
Congrats to Paintsville.
Looks like they let off the gas in the 3rd quarter. Good to see they were getting some nice offensive performances from some one other than big Tyrese.
Paintsville should have won this game 40-0. Laying down with a lead will get them beaten if they don't change their ways. Also, several questionable play calls but all in all they played with much more fire than last week. Paintsville should be in Lexington after thanksgiving if they lose the complacency
Congrats Paintsville :Cheerlead 1A is wide open in the East for sur :popcorn:
We Really need to put these games away when we've got the opportunity! You could feel it in the the stands tonight. First qt was up beat music, boys were pumped and their play showed it! We build a lead then it was electric slide and and macaraina! Lol The energy level mid way through the 3rd just DROPPED and the play showed! When Paintsvilles energy is up They're a dangerous team!
Never seen anything like that in my 50 years.
Rams special teams struggled tonight. I was expecting different with that unit.
Hats off to The Rams for fighting till the end.
If we keep letting our foot off the gas, we WILL get beat.

FINISH THE DAMN GAME!
It's comes down to coaching. I just think that Chirico is the better coach, plain and simple. I've never really been sold on Salmons, but I tried to give him a chance. Raceland has now dropped five in a row to Paintsville and will more than like make it six in a row, IF they play again in the playoffs. I'm just not sure he's the man for the job.

Alright, go ahead and crucify me.
Ramcat77 Wrote:It's comes down to coaching. I just think that Chirico is the better coach, plain and simple. I've never really been sold on Salmons, but I tried to give him a chance. Raceland has now dropped five in a row to Paintsville and will more than like make it six in a row, IF they play again in the playoffs. I'm just not sure he's the man for the job.

It doesn't seem like your gonna have many disagree on here with ya Ramcat!
Someone said that QB Black was injured late in the game tonight. How bad was the injury and will he be able to go next Friday at Russell?
Congrats to Paintsville on the win. Raceland kept playing hard until the end and never backed down. I really though this one would be a running clock game after halftime but it managed to stay close as a result of Raceland playing until the end and Paintsville laying off the gas. Raceland has to do better offensively but I'm not sure that will happen this season. The Tigers have a tough team and will be a tough out for anyone. Good luck the rest of the way and hopefully we will see you again in a few weeks.
Ramcat77 Wrote:It's comes down to coaching. I just think that Chirico is the better coach, plain and simple. I've never really been sold on Salmons, but I tried to give him a chance. Raceland has now dropped five in a row to Paintsville and will more than like make it six in a row, IF they play again in the playoffs. I'm just not sure he's the man for the job.

I'm not sure who was calling the plays on Racelands sideline, but they didn't have any business continuing to run. They actually moved the ball pretty well when they kept it in the air. Just my opinion. I do think that Racelands head coach is classless. They way he continued to come out onto the field arguing with refs and opposing players looks bad on the program. Racelands players on the other hand played with more class that most teams would with a score deficit like that. The game got more than scrappy at times but the refs let them play, and a hard hitting game like this benefits from that kind of atmosphere.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:It doesn't seem like your gonna have many disagree on here with ya Ramcat!

There's more than handful that will disagree with me. I just call it how I see it.
swampdonkey Wrote:I'm not sure who was calling the plays on Racelands sideline, but they didn't have any business continuing to run. They actually moved the ball pretty well when they kept it in the air. Just my opinion. I do think that Racelands head coach is classless. They way he continued to come out onto the field arguing with refs and opposing players looks bad on the program. Racelands players on the other hand played with more class that most teams would with a score deficit like that. The game got more than scrappy at times but the refs let them play, and a hard hitting game like this benefits from that kind of atmosphere.

Salmons calls the offense and probably takes no input from any other coach on the team, regardless if it's a good idea or not. At times he takes too long to get the play into the QB and his playcalling is too predictable. Just my opinion though.
Ramcat77 Wrote:Salmons calls the offense and probably takes no input from any other coach on the team, regardless if it's a good idea or not. At times he takes too long to get the play into the QB and his playcalling is too predictable. Just my opinion though.

After the first half I really fed into the talk that Raceland has a true absence of an offense, but I really don't think that is true. You have the athletes, but they play calling is no good. I don't think the rams have the speed in the backfield to run against a swarming defense like Paintsville's. Paintsville laid off the gas BIG TIME in the 4th quarter (we might as well have sent in all of our second string) but to score two and three times in 4-5 minutes shows that an offense is there, if it is utilized correctly. I truly understand the frustration with the coaching.
swampdonkey Wrote:After the first half I really fed into the talk that Raceland has a true absence of an offense, but I really don't think that is true. You have the athletes, but they play calling is no good. I don't think the rams have the speed in the backfield to run against a swarming defense like Paintsville's. Paintsville laid off the gas BIG TIME in the 4th quarter (we might as well have sent in all of our second string) but to score two and three times in 4-5 minutes shows that an offense is there, if it is utilized correctly. I truly understand the frustration with the coaching.

The offense is stale and predictable. He doesn't utilize the roster to its fullest. I'm frustrated and should probably shut up. Ha ha
Wow .....just wow
I was noticing on another site tonight they had said that QB Black was injured near the end of the game. How bad was the injury and will QB Black be able to go next Friday Night at Russell.
david5164 Wrote:I was noticing on another site tonight they had said that QB Black was injured near the end of the game. How bad was the injury and will QB Black be able to go next Friday Night at Russell.

If he was injured I don't think it was bad because I didn't notice anything. We had one go out with a head and neck injury.
I will continue to support those boys in Orange and Black. Congrats to Paintsville. Basketball season will start a little earlier for the Rams, I feel.
do You Saturday coaches realize there the difference between 34 lead and 32 zone they are both run plays but totally different blocking they are many different plays like that go through certain holes that are blocked different but all I hear in the stands is stop calling the same play . It’s easy to sit in the stands and act like you know everything. Next guys we don’t have a QB , play calling has a lot to do with the kids on the field so please all you football genius’s tell me what you would do differently?
Paintsville has beat the other top 3 teams in the East now. This makes them clearly the favorite but I wouldn't count out either Hazard or Pikeville.
Does the Adkins kid that transferred in play QB still?
anotherfootballnut Wrote:do You Saturday coaches realize there the difference between 34 lead and 32 zone they are both run plays but totally different blocking they are many different plays like that go through certain holes that are blocked different but all I hear in the stands is stop calling the same play . It’s easy to sit in the stands and act like you know everything. Next guys we don’t have a QB , play calling has a lot to do with the kids on the field so please all you football genius’s tell me what you would do differently?

I don't pretend act like I know everything, but I can tell you the playcalling has been abysmal this year. I don't sit in the stands, because get 'em moms get on my nerves. Salmons hasn't performed well it tight, big time games over the last two seasons. Tell me I'm wrong.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:do You Saturday coaches realize there the difference between 34 lead and 32 zone they are both run plays but totally different blocking they are many different plays like that go through certain holes that are blocked different but all I hear in the stands is stop calling the same play . It’s easy to sit in the stands and act like you know everything. Next guys we don’t have a QB , play calling has a lot to do with the kids on the field so please all you football genius’s tell me what you would do differently?

Agreed. My argument this year, has been that the system doesn't fit the personel we have and regardless of the play book itself, every ge looks exactly the same offensively, its all scripted out and theres no variety. Maybe the personel cant handle anything else. But at this point, it is what it is. Mikes heart is deeply routed in Raceland Football, that I will never question. I just don't have faith in this system offensively. You have to have a confident and great decision making QB. Damon is a great athelete and a good kid but he just doesn't fit the system. It's not his fault, it is what it is.
Pages: 1 2 3