Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casey County @ Corbin 10-20-17
The Spread Wrote:Just my opinion, this is the best defense I've seen Corbin have, and the most diverse offense, with more speed at more positions. More weapons and they use them all. Better overall than I've seen in 8-10 years.

It's a departure from an old school Corbin team that had a powerful line and a couple true stud backs, where you knew they would run it between the tackles, and weather you won simply depended on if you were mean enough to stop it.

If I said Corbin had a missing link, the line could be more powerful, and there isn't that true Corbin bruiser in the backfield. Other than that, the overall scheme is better, and Corbin is more difficult to prepare for. Just my opinion.

That's probably a better description than me just saying they are "better" than a few years ago. They are different, and like you said, harder to prepare for. But I would rather play one of their old power teams I think than this team. I have seen Corbin sub in 3 running backs, 10 years ago, all just as rugged as the next. Even the 155 pound back they would bring in would run straight over our backers, after their line had basically pancaked us to the ground.
Casey County 11 Sr
Corbin 10 Sr
:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead
Corbin #1 Ranked Defense team in 3A
Casey County #6 Defense Ranked team in 3A

Casey County Avg 50pts a game
Corbin Avg 35pts a game

TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
64SUR Wrote:Casey County 11 Sr
Corbin 10 Sr
:Cheerlead:Cheerlead:Cheerlead

I think our senior class is the first one that started youth league tackle in kindergarten and 1st grade. We used to only do tackle after the 3rd grade. QB, RB, ILB's, 3 lineman, etc.. are all juniors. But we are senior lead.
64SUR Wrote:Corbin #1 Ranked Defense team in 3A
Casey County #6 Defense Ranked team in 3A

Casey County Avg 50pts a game
Corbin Avg 35pts a game

TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho

You know the competition level is a huge gap. I think Casey would have beaten a few of the teams Corbin did, and of course all our common opponents.
I’d like to see Casey vs Pulaski. Who else do you think they’d give a game to?
Would LOVE to see Casey pull the upset but I just don't think they have it in them. Stoney building a nice program in Liberty. Keep working and growing.
Maybe Rockcastle, Larue County or even North Laurel.
Hound05 Wrote:I’d like to see Casey vs Pulaski. Who else do you think they’d give a game to?

I watched Mayfield play, afraid to say we couldn't compete with them. Beechwood, nope. Whitley and maybe play with Pulaski awhile. I think we could pull one, if not both of those out. I don't know if Whitley has gotten worse since the Corbin game, or Corbin just didn't play well (?).
With a Rebel yell....Casey with the upset. 28-27.
Casey has had a good year but gotta go with Corbin in this one!!
smoke1015 Wrote:I watched Mayfield play, afraid to say we couldn't compete with them. Beechwood, nope. Whitley and maybe play with Pulaski awhile. I think we could pull one, if not both of those out. I don't know if Whitley has gotten worse since the Corbin game, or Corbin just didn't play well (?).

Whitley puzzles me. After the Corbin game I left there believing they had an opportunity to win 9+ ball games. Corbin struggled to score points that game, and at the time I attributed that to Whitleys defense. However, beginning to wonder if Corbin just had not hit their stride with that being the first game. Whitley sure hasn't delivered on the good impression I had of them.
Corbin's power back this year is playing under center. Sizemore is a load.
The Spread Wrote:Whitley puzzles me. After the Corbin game I left there believing they had an opportunity to win 9+ ball games. Corbin struggled to score points that game, and at the time I attributed that to Whitleys defense. However, beginning to wonder if Corbin just had not hit their stride with that being the first game. Whitley sure hasn't delivered on the good impression I had of them.
I fell victim to listening to everyone on here that said Whitley was just that Good. The evidence is clear, Corbin just didn’t play all that well on offense. Whitley is still a decent team that could make a little run I guess. But I’d dare to say they are 14 points close to corbin. Im with smoke I’d like to see casey vs Whitley.
Hound05 Wrote:I fell victim to listening to everyone on here that said Whitley was just that Good. The evidence is clear, Corbin just didn’t play all that well on offense. Whitley is still a decent team that could make a little run I guess. But I’d dare to say they are 14 points close to corbin. Im with smoke I’d like to see casey vs Whitley.
I figured that is what it was. Whitley a pretty good defensive game, plus Corbin not really firing on all cylinders yet. I still feel they are a solid team, but Corbin is much improved, and not sure if Whitely has improved at all. Casey it's hard to say, the schedule has been pretty even of playing not good teams. But the team we played last week was maybe one of the worst teams we've played in 2 or 3 years. We are losing a lot of seniors so not sure if a good idea to up the competition level next year, or keep the weaker schedule to keep getting kids to come out. If we can sustain a 50+ man roster, eventually get to 60, then I want our schedule to get tougher. Our seniors next year could handle a much tougher schedule, but we'd be one or two injuries away from a bad season. I know one thing, tomorrow night our schedule gets about 10 times tougher.
The only way Corbin goes is their defense. It is special. Some of you Corbin fans are going to be so hurt when it happens. Good luck.
TheRock Wrote:The only way Corbin goes is their defense. It is special. Some of you Corbin fans are going to be so hurt when it happens. Good luck.

I must have missed something somewhere??? Goes where? when what happens?
Corbin has great Junior and Sophomore classes. They will continue to thrive for several years.
E's Army Wrote:Corbin has great Junior and Sophomore classes. They will continue to thrive for several years.

I was who, initially, found that clip of the Corbin wide receiver in 8th grade make the diving catch against Bowling Green (or maybe it was the game before BG), and saved it, put it to slow-mo and shared it on Facebook and other sites. IT was Prepspins video (lol, sorry guys) and I wasn't sure they'd give it the highlight treatment so I went ahead and done the kid a favor. I think it eventually made the top 10 on one of the ESPN shows, the one Prepspin redone. But, initially, like I said, it was a Casey county dude that just likes good football (below the NFL level) and made him the clip. Kid sent me a PM to thank me, etc.. Good kid. Those are the juniors. They breezed through middle school state, blowing Bowling Green out in the final. My son was a junior and we were just trying to get past a good Glasgow team...So yeah, Corbin is definitely fine for a good many years. Belfry is who may have a down year if their middle school doesn't improve (which I'm sure it will).
smoke1015 Wrote:I was who, initially, found that clip of the Corbin wide receiver in 8th grade make the diving catch against Bowling Green (or maybe it was the game before BG), and saved it, put it to slow-mo and shared it on Facebook and other sites. IT was Prepspins video (lol, sorry guys) and I wasn't sure they'd give it the highlight treatment so I went ahead and done the kid a favor. I think it eventually made the top 10 on one of the ESPN shows, the one Prepspin redone. But, initially, like I said, it was a Casey county dude that just likes good football (below the NFL level) and made him the clip. Kid sent me a PM to thank me, etc.. Good kid. Those are the juniors. They breezed through middle school state, blowing Bowling Green out in the final. My son was a junior and we were just trying to get past a good Glasgow team...So yeah, Corbin is definitely fine for a good many years. Belfry is who may have a down year if their middle school doesn't improve (which I'm sure it will).

Just about Belfry’s whole middle school team was 7th graders this year we got a super great freshman group and a really good 7th grade group it will work itself out
Thought this was a Corbin/Casey thread. Any other teams are irrelevant to this matchup. When I read this thread I want to read about Corbin or Casey, not Belfry or any other school. Same on their game threads. Stick to topic.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Thought this was a Corbin/Casey thread. Any other teams are irrelevant to this matchup. When I read this thread I want to read about Corbin or Casey, not Belfry or any other school. Same on their game threads. Stick to topic.

I like this guy!
It was until Corbin fans start dragging everyone else in the conversation. Everyone but Beechwood and Ashurst. Corbin stay on topic, your knowledge is limited.
Corbin 42-14
Casey program has improved greatly the last several years. Not sure they are ready to compete with Corbin yet but wish them luck! Definitely a program on the uptick.
TheRock Wrote:It was until Corbin fans start dragging everyone else in the conversation. Everyone but Beechwood and Ashurst. Corbin stay on topic, your knowledge is limited.

Sounds like you've got redhound piss in your wheaties today. Hope your day improves!
He was the same one who just put two broken sentences together before his last post that no one can understand and wants to talk about our knowledge! Hahahahahaha.

Here’s some knowledge for ya, IT WONT BE MUCH OF A GAME! You can’t only talk about what it’s gonna be so much
You saw, in sure it will (improve)