Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
3.45%
Johnson Central
96.55%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 4A Johnson Central @ #4 4A Ashland (10/20)
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I see the Belfry fans are just as delusional as the JC fans on here.

If I’m wrong I’ll be the first to say I was but Harlan Co. has 3 wins and one of is against Ashland I sure Ashland is a better team now than they were then but the best win you have is against Greenup Co. and you beat them by 14 at Putnam JC beat Greenup at Greenup by 37 so I feel there 3 TD’s better
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:If I’m wrong I’ll be the first to say I was but Harlan Co. has 3 wins and one of is against Ashland I sure Ashland is a better team now than they were then but the best win you have is against Greenup Co. and you beat them by 14 at Putnam JC beat Greenup at Greenup by 37 so I feel there 3 TD’s better

And I think it is more than safe to say that ASH-land would have poured in on if they were able to do so, vs. Johnson Central subbing liberally.
One thing is for sure....We will know the truth in just a few days...
Too much for Ashland....not on that level anymore. JC destroys Tomcats!
Bob Seger Wrote:And I think it is more than safe to say that ASH-land would have poured in on if they were able to do so, vs. Johnson Central subbing liberally.

Greenup is a better team than Ashland, youth and depth hurt them. Ashland won't be running the score up anymore this year.
checkmate9113 Wrote:Greenup is a better team than Ashland, youth and depth hurt them. Ashland won't be running the score up anymore this year.

Really? Greenup played their best game in years and still lost by two scores.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Really? Greenup played their best game in years and still lost by two scores.

Which means that if that game had been played on a neutral field, Greenup wins by a touch down.
The struggle is real.....

Good Kermit: Don't post the information you have and respect Ashland's football program.
Evil Kermit: Put what you have on a billboard on 29th street.

[Image: https://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/selec...315.2x.jpg]
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Goes down to talent and coaching

Johnson central has both
Bob Seger Wrote:Haven't seen Johnson Central play this year but you can make a supposedly intelligent prognosis regarding the game?

Haven't seen them in person got to watch a little film though. They aren't as good as last year.
Mr cold74 Wrote:Goes down to talent and coaching

Johnson central has both
I will give you the coaching advantage for sure, talent is a lot closer then people think.
checkmate9113 Wrote:Greenup is a better team than Ashland, youth and depth hurt them. Ashland won't be running the score up anymore this year.
Lol GC is better for sure but as usual only good enough for 3rd place. Ashland will run up the score on whoever they play in the first round of the playoffs.
Johnson Central 100 Putty tats 0
T-CATS Wrote:Lol GC is better for sure but as usual only good enough for 3rd place. Ashland will run up the score on whoever they play in the first round of the playoffs.

So Greenup never went toe to toe and led the game. They obviously was never even close. You must've misread what I said. Or misunderstood and was over your head. Not sure.
Really shocked about the comment that Ashlands o-line will be better than JCs o-line. They must have really improved because their QB was having to scramble every play against Jc last year.

I do think Ashland is overall improved from last year and the score will be closer than in the past couple of meetings. Ashland is always tough at home but I'm sure they will be even more pumped up trying to knock off Jc. Putnam will be electric on Friday. I see this game being really close for the first 3 quarters with JC pulling ahead by 2 tds in the fourth. JC will just wear down the Tomcats with the amount of big bodies they throw at you.
JC might not be as good as last year...but they are still REALLY good.
In 2015 the score was 8 to 7 but I don’t think it will be this year 35 to 7 Eagles.
JC, handily.
Johnson Central by 21
Screenshots from GoogleMaps.

Putnam Stadium..... I just don't get why everybody thinks this is such a great place to watch a football game. It's old, it takes forever to get in to the restroom or get something from the concession stand. The parking sucks. The drive from Winchester Ave. to Elm St. feels like it is longer than the trip to from Johnsonville to Myrtle Beach.

[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/att...1508252321]

For you history buffs, here is one of the two legitimate state championships Ashland has won.

1967 2A State Champs; 13-1
Evarts: 19-0
Boyd County: 16-0
Catlettsburg: 33-7
Stonewall Jackson, WV.: 3-13
Covington Catholic: 30-0
Hazard: 33-7
Ironton, OH.:7-0
Louisville Western: 29-0
McKell: 21-20
Russell: 51-6
Raceland: 26-6

Playoffs
Harrison Co.: 21-13
Belfry: 42-0
Elizabethtown: 19-14

I wonder how many games were won because the other team "missed" a field goal that was "wide right"?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:For you history buffs, here is one of the two legitimate state championships Ashland has won.

1967 2A State Champs; 13-1
Evarts: 19-0
Boyd County: 16-0
Catlettsburg: 33-7
Stonewall Jackson, WV.: 3-13
Covington Catholic: 30-0
Hazard: 33-7
Ironton, OH.:7-0
Louisville Western: 29-0
McKell: 21-20
Russell: 51-6
Raceland: 26-6

Playoffs
Harrison Co.: 21-13
Belfry: 42-0
Elizabethtown: 19-14

I wonder how many games were won because the other team "missed" a field goal that was "wide right"?
That is during the time that Don Gullett played for McKell...Anyone know how he did in that game? I am assuming that he did pretty well since McKell scored more points in that game than anyone else did that year.

Hey T-CATS, did ASH-land hold him to 250 yards in that game?:biggrin:

One of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard
Old guy Wrote:JC might not be as good as last year...but they are still REALLY good.
Ashland is better then last year, JC is not as good but still very good of course. 3 days and we find out.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Screenshots from GoogleMaps.

Putnam Stadium..... I just don't get why everybody thinks this is such a great place to watch a football game. It's old, it takes forever to get in to the restroom or get something from the concession stand. The parking sucks. The drive from Winchester Ave. to Elm St. feels like it is longer than the trip to from Johnsonville to Myrtle Beach.

Putnam is the ultimate in watching a game. Everyone sits above the field, horseshoe shape, as close to the game as possible with no track around the field. Concessions and bathrooms on each open end also.
T-CATS Wrote:Putnam is the [B]ultimate in watching a game[/B]. Everyone sits above the field, horseshoe shape, as close to the game as possible with no track around the field. Concessions and bathrooms on each open end also.

Ul·ti·mate
noun:
The best achievable or imaginable of its kind.

^^^^^^^^
This is the definition of Ultimate used in the context of your post. I disagree with the your usage of the word Ultimate.

Ultimate in Johnson County.
[Image: https://ringthedamnbell.files.wordpress....509ynp.jpg]

Ultimate in Boyd County.
[Image: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e...rtrait.jpg]

The Ultimate Warrior (JC) was so big in WWF that WCW (Ashland) had to create their own version called The Renegade.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:One of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard

Your response was quite dumb as well. How did you hear me through a computer/smart phone? Just wondering.
T-CATS Wrote:Putnam is the ultimate in watching a game. Everyone sits above the field, horseshoe shape, as close to the game as possible with no track around the field. Concessions and bathrooms on each open end also.

Not at all. This is one of the dumbest things I've ever *READ*.
Reference to anotherfootballnut.
I really don't see this being competitive for 4 quarter's. JC wins by 3 TD's plus. Then on to the big showdown on Pond Creek.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Six days away from game day. The Tomcats are growing more confident by the day. All this talk about a running clock in Putnam by the JC fans is laughable because last years team is gone. This years version is a polar opposite from last years JC team and the Tomcats will show everyone in attendance that on Friday.

Everybody's confident until you get punched in the face. #Mike Tyson(sort of)