Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
3.45%
Johnson Central
96.55%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 4A Johnson Central @ #4 4A Ashland (10/20)
Thoughts? Predictions?
Johnson Central is just better up front. But IMO ashland is more skilled, but not enough to overcome how better JC is up front.

I think Ashland can hit some big plays.
JC=running clock 49-7
Golden Eagles 42-14
JC will shut them out.
Haven't seen JC play this season but think Ashland can keep it close early even the 1st half and put up some points. That said Ashland will need some help turnovers and some poor or bad play by Central to stay in it for 4 IMO.
KYHSFB Wrote:Johnson Central is just better up front. But IMO ashland is more skilled, but not enough to overcome how better JC is up front.

I think Ashland can hit some big plays.

I agree that Ashland has the better skill players but I'm not sure that JC is that much better up front especially on the offensive side of the ball. Ashland is smaller but much more effective because they can move well and they finish their blocking assignments much better. From the film that I've seen the JC front five struggle to move and they seem to stand and watch as opposed to last year's front who would simply put you on your tail.
I feel that while JC has the advantage on the defensive line ,Ashland has a much better linebacker unit and our secondary is light years ahead of JC's secondary.

This game has the makings of a good old fashioned slobber knocker. JC has been untested and Ashland has rebounded well since laying an egg against against Harlan County.

I know JC has owned us for a long time but I'll never pick against my Tomcats. From the players that I've talked to they're confident and have wanted this game since they were eliminated from the playoffs last year. The players believe they can and will win and that's all I need to hear. Can't wait to shock the state Friday!

Tomcats 45
Eagles 38
They Central remind me of Ironton and the Lutz back in the day. Ground and pound and say stop us if you can. This game will be physical and hope Ashland can bring their A game and match the intensity.
Ashland is very good this year but JC is JC. Eagles by 10.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I agree that Ashland has the better skill players but I'm not sure that JC is that much better up front especially on the offensive side of the ball. Ashland is smaller but much more effective because they can move well and they finish their blocking assignments much better. From the film that I've seen the JC front five struggle to move and they seem to stand and watch as opposed to last year's front who would simply put you on your tail.
I feel that while JC has the advantage on the defensive line ,Ashland has a much better linebacker unit and our secondary is light years ahead of JC's secondary.

This game has the makings of a good old fashioned slobber knocker. JC has been untested and Ashland has rebounded well since laying an egg against against Harlan County.

I know JC has owned us for a long time but I'll never pick against my Tomcats. From the players that I've talked to they're confident and have wanted this game since they were eliminated from the playoffs last year. The players believe they can and will win and that's all I need to hear. Can't wait to shock the state Friday!

Tomcats 45
Eagles 38

Sounds like you should be 3 touchdown favorites at home.
MR. Slate Wrote:Sounds like you should be 3 touchdown favorites at home.

What's your prediction?
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I agree that Ashland has the better skill players but I'm not sure that JC is that much better up front especially on the offensive side of the ball. Ashland is smaller but much more effective because they can move well and they finish their blocking assignments much better. From the film that I've seen the JC front five struggle to move and they seem to stand and watch as opposed to last year's front who would simply put you on your tail.

Tomcats 45
Eagles 38

The bolded..... :dudecomeon:
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
JC leads the All-Time series 13-6.

1975: Ashland Blazer 47-14
1986: Johnson Central 18-14
1998: Ashland Blazer 26-20
2001: Ashland Blazer 38-14
2002: Ashland Blazer 43-0
2005: Ashland Blazer 13-10
2006: Johnson Central 35-7
2006: Johnson Central 28-21 (Playoffs; 2nd Round)
2007: Johnson Central 67-33
2008: Johnson Central 41-6
2009: Johnson Central 29-28
2010: Johnson Central 42-26
2011: Ashland Blazer 22-6
2012: Johnson Central 22-21 (Overtime)
2013: Johnson Central 42-7
2014: Johnson Central 42-7
2015: Johnson Central 8-7
2016: Johnson Central 43-6
2016: Johnson Central 51-0 (Playoffs; Regional Championship
Johnson Central will dominate in the trenches.

Johnson Central - 49

Ashland - 14
What year was ariles Beach I remember him coming to Johnson central run all over us

J c 15
Ashland 14
Going to pick the win on two point conversion
I say a man better get there early if you want a seat,
You no both teams saved plays for this game
eagles2011 Wrote:What year was ariles Beach I remember him coming to Johnson central run all over us

J c 15
Ashland 14

You mean Arliss Beach?

He came to JC in the 2001 game.
Ashland 21
JC 20

Ashland wins at home.
eagles2011 Wrote:What year was ariles Beach I remember him coming to Johnson central run all over us

J c 15
Ashland 14
Always a huge crowd and yes it will be standing room only. Love Putnam Stadium but love it even more when it's packed.
JC. Running clock third quarter.
Johnson Central 56
Ashland 07

:HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
I know most everyone thinks Ashlands going to get crushed but remember Ashland knows Central as good as anyone and has talent. They (JC) may get the W and of course are the favorite but don't think so. I have talked with kids on this team during the season and they all think they will win and have worked toward this game. Their won't be a running clock in this one, GUARANTEED!!!!
I like Ashland in this game by 1. Just have that feeling Ashland is due.
Johnson central got to much talent

42-0
Ashland will get destroyed, Ashland stinks, Ashland can't beat Greenup, here's a little stat I'll share. Ashland has NEVER since it was instated had a running clock put on them at Putnam Stadium!!!!!!
T-CATS Wrote:Ashland will get destroyed, Ashland stinks, Ashland can't beat Greenup, here's a little stat I'll share. Ashland has NEVER since it was instated had a running clock put on them at Putnam Stadium!!!!!!

We'll get READY!!! :flame:
I'm really looking forward to this game. I think J.C. wins by 21.
Westside Wrote:I'm really looking forward to this game. I think J.C. wins by 21.

That actually will be a more realistic spread!
Enjoy all the talk and the better talent till Friday night when the Eagles come to town
Johnson Central's program before the 2005 (Wide Right) game.

[Image: http://lairofhorror.tripod.com/voorheesl...drown1.jpg]

Johnson Central's program since the 2005 (Wide Right) game.

[Image: http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploa...e-13th.jpg]
T-CATS Wrote:Ashland will get destroyed, Ashland stinks, Ashland can't beat Greenup, here's a little stat I'll share. Ashland has NEVER since it was instated had a running clock put on them at Putnam Stadium!!!!!!

I wonder why ? Confusednicker: