Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
3.45%
Johnson Central
96.55%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 4A Johnson Central @ #4 4A Ashland (10/20)
If JC sets a school record for turnovers in a game, then Ashland will have a good shot at winning. If JC plays up to its normal district title level, its domination of the line of scrimmage will probably result in the first running clock against the Tomcats at Putnam Stadium.
I am not a fan of Ashland at all but I would be legitimately shocked if JC put a running clock on Ashland. Especially at Ashland.

Was at the game two years ago (Bakers senior year) and that was a dang good one. Doubt it will be that competitive this year, I could see it being that competitive in a couple years though.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I agree that Ashland has the better skill players but I'm not sure that JC is that much better up front especially on the offensive side of the ball. Ashland is smaller but much more effective because they can move well and they finish their blocking assignments much better. From the film that I've seen the JC front five struggle to move and they seem to stand and watch as opposed to last year's front who would simply put you on your tail.
I feel that while JC has the advantage on the defensive line ,Ashland has a much better linebacker unit and our secondary is light years ahead of JC's secondary.

This game has the makings of a good old fashioned slobber knocker. JC has been untested and Ashland has rebounded well since laying an egg against against Harlan County.

I know JC has owned us for a long time but I'll never pick against my Tomcats. From the players that I've talked to they're confident and have wanted this game since they were eliminated from the playoffs last year. The players believe they can and will win and that's all I need to hear. Can't wait to shock the state Friday!

Tomcats 45
Eagles 38
When you ASH-lander cornheads finally come to realize that until the lunkheads on the ASH-land coaching staff finally come to their senses and stop this self imposed ban on letting NOTsoBADCAT get his due minutes, this program will continue to founder to the desperate depths that it has found its self in..Without the boy wonder Johnson Central will roll at ease..

Running clock in Putnam!!!
T-CATS Wrote:Haven't seen JC play this season but think Ashland can keep it close early even the 1st half and put up some points. That said Ashland will need some help turnovers and some poor or bad play by Central to stay in it for 4 IMO.

Haven't seen Johnson Central play this year but you can make a supposedly intelligent prognosis regarding the game?
I have seen both teams play against the same teams. Ashland will make big plays and be able to score with Johnson Central. I don't think that Johnson Central has enough to beat Ashland at Ashland. It's already 21-0 anyway
checkmate9113 Wrote:I have seen both teams play against the same teams. Ashland will make big plays and be able to score with Johnson Central. I don't think that Johnson Central has enough to beat Ashland at Ashland. It's already 21-0 anyway

:please: :yawn:
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Just my opinion there’s no way this game is close JC big
Friday night won't be a Nightmare on Elm Street for JC.

Thank God we won't be in Kansas anymore.

26, 27, 28, 30, 31, 32.... the way numbers should be.

I can't think of anything for Blackburn.
Ashland lost to Harlan County. Harlan County isnt even in the same level of play of JC. JC 52 Ashland 12
Pulp Fiction Wrote::please: :yawn:

I mean it is hard to come back from 21 down when you're playing 16 on 11.
Six days away from game day. The Tomcats are growing more confident by the day. All this talk about a running clock in Putnam by the JC fans is laughable because last years team is gone. This years version is a polar opposite from last years JC team and the Tomcats will show everyone in attendance that on Friday.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Just my opinion there’s no way this game is close JC big

I see the Belfry fans are just as delusional as the JC fans on here.
Just wondering. Who all has Ashland beat of credibility.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Six days away from game day. The Tomcats are growing more confident by the day. All this talk about a running clock in Putnam by the JC fans is laughable because last years team is gone. This years version is a polar opposite from last years JC team and the Tomcats will show everyone in attendance that on Friday.

Hey "Prideful One", here's one for you that I would ask an honest answer on...After all these years of the same ole, same ole predictions and boasting on the "this is the year" stuff, can you honestly say that you have ever been right on one single thing...I cant remember one single time that you were even close to being right. Please correct me if I am wrong. Even if ASH-land by some miracle had a better team, you all know down deep in your hearts that Love will figure out some way to blow it...Matney is so far deep in your alls heads that you will never be able to over come it.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Friday night won't be a Nightmare on Elm Street for JC.

Thank God we won't be in Kansas anymore.

26, 27, 28, 30, 31, 32.... the way numbers should be.

I can't think of anything for Blackburn.

Putnam has become our home away from home.
ashLLLLLLLLLLLLLand

For those of you that don't understand puns, this ^^^^^ is the way JC spells Ashland, with 13 L's, soon to be 14.
Bob Seger Wrote:Hey "Prideful One", here's one for you that I would ask an honest answer on...After all these years of the same ole, same ole predictions and boasting on the "this is the year" stuff, can you honestly say that you have ever been right on one single thing...I cant remember one single time that you were even close to being right. Please correct me if I am wrong. Even if ASH-land by some miracle had a better team, you all know down deep in your hearts that Love will figure out some way to blow it...Matney is so far deep in your alls heads that you will never be able to over come it.

Confusednicker:
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Six days away from game day. [B][B]The Tomcats are growing more confident by the day[/B][/B]. All this talk about a running clock in Putnam by the JC fans is laughable because last years team is gone. This years version is a polar opposite from last years JC team and the Tomcats will show everyone in attendance that on Friday.

You mean you are doing your annual "hyping them up more by the day"?:biggrin:
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I see the Belfry fans are just as delusional as the JC fans on here.

You mean the two storied programs that ASH-land strives to be like?
:popcorn:
Let me be clear........

Had the Wide Right field goal game not have happened in 2005, this would be an entirely different type of rivalry. A loss is a loss. If the other team is better and they beat you, that is sports. If you don't play your best and the other team plays better, that is sports. But knowing you were cheated is totally different.

Add in the 2014 state softball game that knocked JC out on one of the most oblivious bad calls/calls reversed in the history of athletics. Oh by the way, they were playing Ashland. It was such a bad reversed call, the KHSAA sent the umpires in that game home from the state tournament. That is admitting guilt on the KHSAA's part. If they agreed with the call, then logic would tell us that they would have gotten to stay and finish the state meet.

I get everybody is human and we all make mistakes, but being robbed of two victories in two different sports created two different generations of Ashland haters in the JC fan base & athletes. It's not so bad that we lost those games, it's that we felt cheated out of the 'Dub in both.
I hope the Golden Eagles get a running clock in the first half!!
Hope this one lives up to the thread
Even if Johnson Central wins big, Ashland will find a forgotten made up state championship from 1873 to crown themselves with, so Ashland wins even when they lose on the scoreboard at the litter box.
PondCreekToWestwood Wrote:Even if Johnson Central wins big, Ashland will find a forgotten made up state championship from 1873 to crown themselves with, so Ashland wins even when they lose on the scoreboard at the litter box.

They do seem to keep discovering mythical state titles that they won in the past. I do wish they would go ahead and do an archeological dig around the school and finally give us a grand total on all these titles. They've probably past Trinity by now in the number of state titles they've won.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I agree that Ashland has the better skill players but I'm not sure that JC is that much better up front especially on the offensive side of the ball. Ashland is smaller but much more effective because they can move well and they finish their blocking assignments much better. From the film that I've seen the JC front five struggle to move and they seem to stand and watch as opposed to last year's front who would simply put you on your tail.
I feel that while JC has the advantage on the defensive line ,Ashland has a much better linebacker unit and our secondary is light years ahead of JC's secondary.

This game has the makings of a good old fashioned slobber knocker. JC has been untested and Ashland has rebounded well since laying an egg against against Harlan County.

I know JC has owned us for a long time but I'll never pick against my Tomcats. From the players that I've talked to they're confident and have wanted this game since they were eliminated from the playoffs last year. The players believe they can and will win and that's all I need to hear. Can't wait to shock the state Friday!

Tomcats 45
Eagles 38

Ole Lord Buddy you must have gotten ahold of that bad batch of kool aid they are selling over on the hill at Russell! Ashland's skilled players will keep this from being an absolute slotter but come 45 points against the GOLDEN EXPRESS? No Way! Put down that rot gut kool aid and sober up! The GOLDEN EXPRESS rolls in this one. Ashland will play hard but it will literally be men against boys out there on Friday night. The eagles soar as the GOLDEN EXPRESS rolls on to another district title.

Eagles- 49

Tomcats- 17
Tomcat Pride was the captain and leading rusher on the 1890 Tomcat State title team!😝😝😝😝😝.... Hell thats gotta put them up to at least 20 titles or more bahaha
48-35 JC, be closer than you think.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I see the Belfry fans are just as delusional as the JC fans on here.
Yes JC 48 Tomcats 16
Johnson central easily
42-21