Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville
52.38%
Raceland
47.62%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Paintsville (10/20)
I don't think any of the contenders in the East are better than the other. Paintsville, Hazard, Raceland, and even Pikeville now that Wyatt is back for them, could beat each other on any given night. They all play really sound and fundamental defense. Going to be interesting in november. I'm still out to pasture on this game though...
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:That's a tough one back. Hazard may edge that one out! Hazard and Hurricane definitely the 2 strongest defenses we've faced this season! Not easy moving the ball on either.

For the record...The RAMS' season averages per game:

Scoring offense: 27.5
Opponent's Scoring: 10.3
What concerns me is the lack of development of our offense. The defense has maintained all year. Outside of the games where they were seemingly on the field all night, they haven't given up much in the way of points. Gave up some yards a time or two, but in our losses, we held teams well below their season averages both in points and scoring.

Offensively it just seems like we can't get it all put together. Outside of Hunter Lacks being more relevant in the offense. Imo, we need to get the ball in the hands of Dalton Adkins more. But, with our defense the way it is, I don't worry about us being in anything other than a position to win every ball game from here on out. That includes this Friday and through out the playoffs. I will go ahead and make my prediction.

Another nail biter that comes down to the wire and the Rams get a late field goal to win it.

Rams 24
Tiggers 21
Rams have a pretty good run defense, we struggle at times with our corners. The offense well let’s just say hasn’t really showed up yet. Got some great backs but the run blocking is horrible. We do a really good job pass blocking but really struggle getting our blocks. I hate going against the Rams but I’d say paintsville 2 score better team. All I can say is prove me wrong. Please.....
Tigers are going to score that’s a given we are just going to have to as well. I think that’s were we will struggle.
Field goal better be a short one.
swampdonkey Wrote:That's comical coming from the bunch that threw 200+ yrds in penalties against the tigers last year at your house and still got beat 🤔

Don't commit penalties and flags won't get thrown.
I'll take Paintsville until proven otherwise.. 28-22
I don't make score predictions but Paintsville is the better team in my opinion.

Off topic, but I feel like if TJ would've been there a couple more years before leaving for Russell then Raceland would have hired Grizzle, which IMO is the better hire for the program to reach the next level (state contender). Not an attack on the man with the gig now, I just think Grizzle is the real deal.
ram-a-devil Wrote:don't commit penalties and flags won't get thrown.

👍🏻😉
This has the makings of a good game but not as good as the thread between these two programs. I taking Paintsville at home 21 to 7
This thread combined with the Ashland and Johnson Central make the BGR Football Forum season.
Birds fly upside down in Paintsville cuz there ain't nothin worth $h@&$ing on!
This is only round 1. Should get a rematch in November
Raceland really hasn’t been hurt by the passing game this year it’s the run game that got them beat at Ashland , Portsmouth west and sunmerset
E's Army Wrote:This is only round 1. Should get a rematch in November

Absolutely. Should be a fun region title weekend in November. Could you imagine if we had a thread for both this game and JC/Ashland?
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Raceland really hasn’t been hurt by the passing game this year it’s the run game that got them beat at Ashland , Portsmouth west and sunmerset

Need to clarify , in no way has the defense caused Raceland to lose any game this year a very inconsistent offense has cost them my point is Raceland has been hurt more by their opponent’s runnning the ball than passing it
Somerset only had 19 yards rushing. They had 263 thru the air
It is true of PW and Ashland. Both of which were very poor tackling games
LC Qb had around 200 yards rushing against Raceland
Just informed as a homeowner to expect a decline in Paintsvilles property value's by as much as 10% due to the Riff Raff that will be in town Friday night! Good news is, it is expected to possibly rebound by as much as 20% Saturday morning due to the Tigers improved 8-1 Record!
The best thing you can get out of Paintsville.......is to GET OUT OF PAINTSVILLE!
If You've ever been mowing grass and found a car........Ya might be in Paintsville.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Raceland really hasn’t been hurt by the passing game this year it’s the run game that got them beat at Ashland , Portsmouth west and sunmerset

What got them beat was not scoring enough points.
The way I see it one of these close games is going to go Racelands way.
It worked out good for Paintsville this year playing all the good 1a schools at home,Williamsburg,Raceland,Hazard and Pikeville. Wonder how it plays out next year?
That's because they use former players as referees
Come on ram land and tiger land you guys are letting tomcat land and eagle land beat you guys and there is no way that should happen.
Paintsville wins.
Tigers' defense this year is as good if not (probably) better than last year.
Rams' offense is not close to what it was last year.
We are bringing our plastic goat tunnel with us!
If you found yourself in the armpit of the greater Ashland area, you probably found Raceland 👊🏻.............. I can make that joke because I used to live & go to school there lol