•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 71 Paintsville 66
One more thing Stu,since schools ale allowed to start spring football practice the first Monday after both the boys and girls basketball teams lose out in the region,you guys should be thanking Belfry boys and Shelby Valley girls teams for giving you ahead start on Pikeville,see what you can do with it.
And Stu ,you really need to start wearing a helmet when you ride your tricycle,you've fallen off way to many times ,and hit your head.
I agree to a point, don't really understand the comment about the "superior" Paintsville tigers though. You're dead on about Case though. Everybody has been focused on the wrong #1's in the 15th region. That kid can play and he's built to move people out of his way. Vanhoose probably deserves the credit, talking with someone in Paintsville camp he's been nursing a bad leg injury since the 2nd meeting with Johnson Central. Good Luck Belfry, keep up the intensity and this Johnson County native will surely root for Belfry at the state tourney.
Congrats to Belfry! I think Paintsville has been under pressure for 4 years now. Too much hype. You cannot take 8th graders playing abilities and judge them into adulthood. Ive seen kids that make the greatest ballplayers that you would never think in grade school. Its also heart that wins games and team players.
The Guru Wrote:You base this on one game?
Well.....I wanted to give my thoughts, but no matter how I wrote it, it would have just looked like sour grapes and I don't want that, cause it isn't. So, I will just say good luck Belfry.

Are you kidding me? No I'm not basing this on 1 game, because Jamie Case has been doing this all year. Everyone at the beginning of the season always goes on about Jamie McCarty and Landon Slone. And looked what Jamie CASE did to them both this season. He shut them down and led his team to victories. So if they are so great why didn't they shine? So who is it that you think is the best in the 15th Region? Because if last night didnt solidify it, that Jamie Case is the best then you are just being a HOMER!!!
Congrats Belfry!!!! Good solid game. As far as people saying that Slone was shut down, had a bad game and so fourth. Well that is his game everytime you get him out of the region. EVERYTIME. I think Paintsville is putting their eggs in the wrong basket. Again, Congrats Belfrey and good luck against Valley.
BlueBells Wrote:Congrats Belfrey!!!! Good solid game. As far as people saying that Slone was shut down, had a bad game and so fourth. Well that is his game everytime you get him out of the region. EVERYTIME. I think Paintsville is putting their eggs in the wrong basket. Again, Congrats Belfrey and good luck against Valley.

You are counting your eggs before they hatch aren't you? Valley still has to play Betsy Layne before they can play Belfry. This is tournament time and anything can happen....and usually does. I mean I'm not looking for Betsy Layne to win it (though I hope that they do) but that isn't the point. Tournament time usually brings out the very best in people....like it or not.
Congrats Belfry!!...This was a great game the whole night. But unfortunately Case was to much for the Tigers. I'm not gonna lie though, I thought The Tigers were gonna tyake it when Case fouled out, but that just goes to show that the bench stepped up big time for the Pirates...Once again congrats and GOOD LUCK the rest of the tourney. As for the Tigers. Don't hang your heads, you all return next year, and I have a feeling it'll be ya'lls year next year...But just keep your heads up and get better over the summer. But, CONGRATS Pirates and give em hell the rest of the tourney!
EagleMom Wrote:You are counting your eggs before they hatch aren't you? Valley still has to play Betsy Layne before they can play Belfry. This is tournament time and anything can happen....and usually does. I mean I'm not looking for Betsy Layne to win it (though I hope that they do) but that isn't the point. Tournament time usually brings out the very best in people....like it or not.

What are you talking about??? I said when you get Slone out of his region where he is unprotected by the refs, and plays against a group of better athletics, he has a normal game like last night. Watch the games or catch them on hometown tv. Good game last night by Belfrey, nice to watch some good TEAM ball.:p
rooster Wrote:Can you say Daniel Pugh?

This group of kids seem to have chemistry issues that didn't exist when they were freshmen. Daniel Pugh could have helped but the chemistry wasn't there last year either. What's the answer?? I have no clue. I don't think Bill Mike will be around to figure it out though?? He looks fed up with this group.
Hey Watchful Eye,it was in response to a comment made on another thread about Pville and Belfry post #66 from Disco Stu,check it out you'll find it halarious!!!!!!
Congrats to Belfry!

I feel bad for the Tigers.

Looking at the stats, however, some interesting things show. Paintsville shot 24 more field goals then Belfry, has less turnovers then Belfry, and still lost the game?

Terrible shooting night for the Tigers, and Belfry ended up shooting many more freethrows then Paintsville.

There is must be more to this game than meets the eye.
BMR will be back. He is tied with Trivet for 7 reg. championships. He's 27 victories away from tying Hoss Halbert ( Martin Purple Flash ) as the winningest coach in the 15th reg.
Daniel Pugh could have been the difference for this team this year. He chose not to put up with all the foolishness that has accompinied this team for the last 4 years. He was the only defensive stopper P-ville has had in many years. As a player you get tired of every play being run through one player, you have to make a decision what you really want out of the the game. Daniel obviously didn't feel like doing all the dirty work and then being ignored on the offensive end. Therefore he decided to concentrate on the sports that were rewarding him, hence Football, Boxing and Baseball. I'll bet if BMR could go back 2 years he may have decided to go another way.
By the way, case is a wonderful player, but he don't score 24 on DP.
Talk to Jamie McCarty, Brad LoweI think they will tell you he is one of the toughest if not the toughest defensive player they have faced.
There are people on this team that didn't want him to play, but anyone would be foolish not to have him as a team mate.
Season is over, time to move on and play the next sport. I don't think P-ville will even be in contention again next year. Looks like SV being as young as they are can pretty much control their own destiny the next 3 years.
The Governor Wrote:Congrats to Belfry!

I feel bad for the Tigers.

Looking at the stats, however, some interesting things show. Paintsville shot 24 more field goals then Belfry, has less turnovers then Belfry, and still lost the game?

Terrible shooting night for the Tigers, and Belfry ended up shooting many more freethrows then Paintsville.

There is must be more to this game than meets the eye.

There is more...Belfry made a better percentage of their shots, therefore they shot less.

Belfry was up late in the game, so Paintsville had to foul to get back in it.

Belfry is the better basketball team.

There are 3 very good reasons the Pirates won, but the main reason is that Jamie Case is flat-out the best player in the 15th Region and Dustin May has finally turned into the Boy Wonder he should have been all year to Case's Batman.
ducky Wrote:This group of kids seem to have chemistry issues that didn't exist when they were freshmen. Daniel Pugh could have helped but the chemistry wasn't there last year either. What's the answer?? I have no clue. I don't think Bill Mike will be around to figure it out though?? He looks fed up with this group.
Here's a good one to think about. This group didn't have chemistry problems when they were in grade school all the way up to 8th grade, did they? Ponder on that one awhile.
BlueBells Wrote:What are you talking about??? I said when you get Slone out of his region where he is unprotected by the refs, and plays against a group of better athletics, he has a normal game like last night. Watch the games or catch them on hometown tv. Good game last night by Belfrey, nice to watch some good TEAM ball.:p

:mad: Landon Slone is one of the best players in the 15th or any other region.Landon just got in foul trouble last night and when this happened he lost his focus.Every player has a bad game or two in their life,but after all is said and done the numbers will not lie and the numbers say that game in and game out he is one of the best basketball players in the 15th!!!
cardsfan Wrote::mad: Landon Slone is one of the best players in the 15th or any other region.Landon just got in foul trouble last night and when this happened he lost his focus.Every player has a bad game or two in their life,but after all is said and done the numbers will not lie and the numbers say that game in and game out he is one of the best basketball players in the 15th!!!

ABSOLUTLY!!!!! In the 15th. That is what I said. In the 15th. One of the top. Absolutly. I agree. But he struggles out of the 15th. Absolutly.:rockon:
BlueBells Wrote:ABSOLUTLY!!!!! In the 15th. That is what I said. In the 15th. One of the top. Absolutly. I agree. But he struggles out of the 15th. Absolutly.:rockon:

What Region does your favorite team play in?
rooster Wrote:Here's a good one to think about. This group didn't have chemistry problems when they were in grade school all the way up to 8th grade, did they? Ponder on that one awhile.
At that age chemistry usually isn't a problem. Kids are just excited to play. Winning and scoring and parental issues factor into highschool play and that usually spells trouble. IMO Belfry was the better team and Paintsville couldn't beat them on a good night. Maybe this group just isn't the best in the region. I think that's the answer for everyone.
First when did Slone get in foul troube, I knoew int he third he just had one foul, and Governor if you want to know why the difference in the stats, Paintsville would shoot for throwing up the long shots and Belfry drove to the hole, must better shot selections. Paintsville had 11 offensive rebounds which made them take more shots. Belfry only shot 3 trhee's to Paintsville shooting over 20.
cardsfan Wrote:What Region does your favorite team play in?

What? What does that have to do with anything?
ducky Wrote:At that age chemistry usually isn't a problem. Kids are just excited to play. Winning and scoring and parental issues factor into highschool play and that usually spells trouble. IMO Belfry was the better team and Paintsville couldn't beat them on a good night. Maybe this group just isn't the best in the region. I think that's the answer for everyone.

I think you just said it. That is the answer.... People need to quit whining if so & so played this & that..
But then again, I guess thats what you have to do, when your sitting at home after the first round of region.. wondering, and imagining, and a whole bunch of what ifs?...

I mean, hell, if I was a good boxer, I could be the next Mike Tyson... maybe Big Grin :baldbull:
BlueBells Wrote:What? What does that have to do with anything?

well your post don't make alot of sense, because you say Slone doesn't play good out of his region.. and well its the region tourney.. so hes playin in his region.. we really have no clue what you are talking about.. unless you are referring to the 13th region refs we are using.. but you never really made note of any of that, if you were.. so were left to just wonder?
Congrats Belfry, I picked you the winner under 7 points. Tigers, it's back to work, one more year. Good luck Belfry
he doesnt have the 16th region ref taking care of him is what it was suppose to mean
mrfootball03 Wrote:well your post don't make alot of sense, because you say Slone doesn't play good out of his region.. and well its the region tourney.. so hes playin in his region.. we really have no clue what you are talking about.. unless you are referring to the 13th region refs we are using.. but you never really made note of any of that, if you were.. so were left to just wonder?
valleyrules101 Wrote:he doesnt have the 16th region ref taking care of him is what it was suppose to mean

16th????:confused:
cardsfan Wrote::mad: Landon Slone is one of the best players in the 15th or any other region.Landon just got in foul trouble last night and when this happened he lost his focus.Every player has a bad game or two in their life,but after all is said and done the numbers will not lie and the numbers say that game in and game out he is one of the best basketball players in the 15th!!!

He's not even the best player on his team much less the Region. He is the most overhyped, overrated player in the Region. Foul trouble? Is that your excuse? Maybe you should give credit to Jamie Case's lockdown defense he had on him all night. Jamie Case was the best player on the floor last night. Not to mention he is the best player in the 15th REGION!!! CASE closed!!!
Paintsville just couldnt handle the physical play by Belfry IMO. Congrats Belfry.
Foul trouble Case had 2 early,and late in 3rd Slone only had 1,if they allowed him 8 fouls then he could of had as many of them as he had points,by the way only which 4 pts came with Jamie in the game.Come up with a better excuse than that.Case closedTongueirateSho
Congrats to Belfry on the win,look forward to seing Valley and Belfry play
15thRegionX Wrote:I was wrong on this Prediction. Congrats to Belfry, surprised me. Thought Pville would out quick the pirates, but looks like the Pirates out muscled the Tigers! Paintsville needs to do something. If other players don't step up then they will have a rough season ahead of them next year IMO!

Why did you think Paintsville would be quicker than Belfry??? Belfry is a very fast team... Did you see Dustin May out run everyone of Paintsvilles players on a fast break??? An he is a forward... Jamie Case an Justin Steele was by far the 2 fastest players on the floor...
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next