Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 71 Paintsville 66
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Final

TongueirateSho WAY TO GO PIRATES !!!!!!!!!!!!TongueirateSho
Final!
good job belfry. Slone had an off night tonight it sounds like.
Another disappointing season for Paintsville. I don't know what it's going to take for that team to win the region but I don't think anybody expected them to flame out the last two seasons like this. Congrats to Belfry on a hard fought win.
Congrats Belfry- Good Luck in the next round.
Congrats Pirates! Case had a great game and so did May and Steele. Paintsville was lead by Vanhoose and Ferguson. Good Luck in the Tournament Pirates!
No surprise to me. Congrats to Belfry. I'm sure Paintsville has an awful lot of unanswered questions.
looks like my pick won
Congrats Belfry
Lawrence Wrote:No surprise to me. Congrats to Belfry. I'm sure Paintsville has an awful lot of unanswered questions.

Agreed! Paintsville was suppose to win region 3 years ago, and 2 back-to-back 1st round region loses isn't helping their cause.
congrats belfy..i took them in the upset
Black and Gold Wrote:looks like my pick won

Considering you picked both teams to win you couldn't go wrong. Smile

Black and Gold Wrote:gonna say the ville if they come strong but if they come out slow then belfry
14thregionallstate Wrote:congrats belfy..i took them in the upset

IMO this was no upset.. Belfry was the better team ..
I wonder if Disco Stu will recover from this one.:eek:
Paintsville...27-65 FG...6-24 3...6-9 FT...33 boards...14 assist...10 TO's

belfry...23-41 FG...1-3 from 3...24-34 FT...32 boards...14 TO's....
alfus21 Wrote:I wonder if Disco Stu will recover from this one.:eek:
HAHA :lmao: Call the hospital and see how bad the heart attack was
slone...3-14 FG...0-4 from 3...8 points...

Case...10-15 FG...0-0 from 3...24 points...

May...10-12 from the line

Belfry beat the ball inside to get to the line and win the game...what an effort from the Pirates...The drama in Paintsville thickens...BMR denied another chance at win #502
Paintsville had more talent but, Belfry played smart team ball.
Congrats to Belfry on the hard fault win.
The Tigers have failed to advance past the 1st round of the regional for 3 straight years...
the ville is crazy right now on the ride back home and g/l belfry in the next rd.
This doesnt suprise me one bit.
Way to go Belfry
I didn't realize there were that many FT's shot by Belfry, but I knew it was quite a few. Congrats to the Pirates, they played hard when they needed to and made plays to win the game. IMO Paintsville beat themselves with the turnovers under the goal. The first half they played pretty good team basketball, but for the most part it was nonexistant in the second. Jamie Case is a player...and I think after tonight he will lead the Pirates to Rupp.
Congrats Belfry...Good game!!!!
Slone shut down . only eight points. Case great game. May huge in second half. Warren 9 rebounds. Steele in double figures. The Pirates didn't collapse when Case fouled out
IRISH4 Wrote:...and I think after tonight he will lead the Pirates to Rupp.
He may, but they'll have to get past 2 more teams before that
Congrats to Belfry - they played good team D tonight and shut down Paintsville
Congrats to Belfry, they wanted it more and it showed throughout the game. Case was unstoppable and the baskets he had were very easy as he had 24 points. Landon had a very off night tonight, very unSlone like. Good luck to Belfry in the rest on the tourney.
I agree that Paintsville has been a disappointment the past 2 yrs as one of the favorites to win the region and losing the first game. Also can't say I'm surprised they lost to Belfry---the Magoffin county loss just took the wind out of the sails! But they have not been a favorite the past THREE years---when all those juniors were freshmen they weren't even favored to get out of the district. Slone was an unknown and they snuck into the region and almost beat the eventual winner (SV). Slone poured in somethin like 54 in that game--and the hype about the group started then in my opinion. They just haven't lived up to the hype.
I agree that Paintsville has been a disappointment the past 2 yrs as one of the favorites to win the region and losing the first game. Also can't say I'm surprised they lost to Belfry---the Magoffin county loss just took the wind out of the sails! But they have not been a favorite the past THREE years---when all those juniors were freshmen they weren't even favored to get out of the district. Slone was an unknown and they snuck into the region and almost beat the eventual winner (SV). Slone poured in somethin like 54 in that game--and the hype about the group started then in my opinion. They just haven't lived up to the hype.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7