Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @ Bell 10-13-17
Hound05 Wrote:Ok? Haha. First off I’m not being a d!ck but I’m having a hard time understanding what you’re saying since it’s all one sentence. 2nd, no where did I ever say coach Haywood wasn’t as good a coach Haddix. His resume would easily dispute that if I did. 3rd, I don’t know what play call you are talking about, the only specific reference to a play I mentioned was centrals game? 4th, yea if you have the better TEAM you SHOULD win, I dunno how anyone could disagree with that. TEAM includes coaching, which is why I said TEAM not PLAYERS. Sometimes the better team doesn’t win, but they SHOULD still win or there would be no such thing as upsets. I kinda see what you’re trying to say (I think) but you’re way out in left field from what you interpreted from the post, and the overall direction of it. If anything, I placed belfry above everyone else as a measuring stick for corbin and everyone else. So I don’t know where you’re going with it or how you comprehended anything I said that way. Last, yes he does have some good kids coming up, but you just contradicted your own previous point, when you said you have to “out coach the other coach”. So if that’s your philosophy, the talent level shouldn’t really be a factor in determining a coaches prestige? That answer is no. It takes both. Which is my point, which is why I compared ourselves, and other teams to belfry. They have a great coach and great talent. It was a reply to the OP’s response of the last 3 years playoffs and how we stacked up compared to other teams the very next game. Which was actually pretty well, considering we had LESS talent than belfry and some of the other teams but had comparable or even better results.

First thing I am not trying to be a butt. Second there is your period so you might be able to understand. All I am saying great coaches coach their team up to another level and coach Haddix may do that I haven’t seen enough of Corbin’s game to make that kind of statement you might have. Third I don’t compare no one to anyone else not Belfry or Corbin. All I am saying no matter were your at if you can take young men and make them believe they can accomplish any goal you set for them in football or life that your a great coach and person.Haddix was a great player and is probably going to be a great coach but most football people base that on wins and losses I sir do not. I think it’s based on what these young people accomplish to what their talents are some over achieve and some don’t but that is were the coaching comes in. Sorry that you took what I was saying wrong and in know way was I trying to be hostile towards you or any one.
I was wondering where all the bell county posters disappeared to myself. They had no problem posting all over the other Corbin threads all season but now its time for their beating so they've gone into hiding.
HOFER Wrote:I was wondering where all the bell county posters disappeared to myself. They had no problem posting all over the other Corbin threads all season but now its time for their beating so they've gone into hiding.

HOfer I posted on here if I can recall and said we are going to get beat some may just post whatever but some don't hide no need in arguing about it I will still be pulling for my Bobcats I am Blue thru and thru:redboxer:
I saw your posts but if I remember correctly you are usually respectful and aren't talking mad trash.
BobcatForever Wrote:HOfer I posted on here if I can recall and said we are going to get beat some may just post whatever but some don't hide no need in arguing about it I will still be pulling for my Bobcats I am Blue thru and thru:redboxer:

We can be pulling for our bobcats till the cows come home and it won't matter this week. 2 years ago leadership who cared nothing about our boys our program our tradition or our years of work pulled the plug and it went down the drain. No leadership lifting or consistency last year with lack of any coaching stability followed that. Paying DH thousands helps DH and family but still we remain in a hole for quite some time to come can't lose that much time and make it back up this quick no matter who is chief or what his motives are.
Bell is sitting at 5-2, not bad considering, but that is product of schedule not strength of team. Corbin has been beaten once and that was on the road against a ranked team.

Corbin may beat Bell so bad, that their record my be 5-147 after the game.

And it could not happen to a nicer coach!!!
Haddix outcoached Hayward in the first half last year. Belfry was the much better team. In the second half their superior athletes took over.
Great players make great coaches....
I agree with E’s army Haddix did out coach Haywood in the first half but then why did as you say the superior atheletes not take over in the first half. Haywood made adjustments at half and then maybe you could say Haywood out coached Haddix with as you say again the superior athletes took over.Bigscreen said great athletes make great coaches which is true to a point. I have not seen many high school football teams in Kentucky that has 22 great athletes so they don’t have to play both ways. Football not like most sports is a team concept and how a coach develops that is what makes him a good coach.
Haddix still needs to stop wearing those shorts when it's snowing!!!
Hound05 Wrote:You might be right about the money I don't know, I'd have a hard time thinking he wouldn't make more at UC coaching though, but like I said im just guessing.

I def wouldn't say his coaching ability is up in the air. As for his last 3 years of playoff losses, you have to look at who you were playing and more than just the score at the end. In 2014 Corbin had Central beat! Yea we had a big lead and they came back, but that is almost more on the def coordinator than it is him, I know hes the captain but you don't blame eddie gran when UK left to WR's wide open twice, its the same thing. On top of that it still took a miracle play and a questionable (objectively awful) penalty for Central to win. In 2015 we lost to Belfry, they were just the better team that year, not to much you can do about that. We lost by 28, But if you look on to the next game, the State championship, Lex Cath lost 43-0 to the same team. 2016, was almost the same as 2014 if you want to question coaching. We held one of the best offenses in the state regardless of class to a goose egg for a half. Once again, I know he's the captain of the ship, but he's an offensive guy-that's why he hired Greer as a D.C., who is also a good coach- So you cant place all the blame on him for that. Just like the example with UK earlier. We ended up losing that game to belfry once again, by 25 points, all scored in one half. They ended up playing Central next for the SC, and beat them by 21. You can only do so much as a coach with what you have, the past two years, belfry was the better team, you cant take anything away from Haddix's coaching ability for that. The central game maybe???.... But if these brackets were flipped around, we'd almost certainly be in the state championship, every year, and no one would be questioning his ability then. But this year will be no different, with the exception of the outcome maybe. The two best teams in 3A will play in the Semi's for what should be the SC. Would, should, if, and but's don't matter in the end though. If we wanna be the best we have to the beat the best no matter where and what round. Question HIS ability all you want, I thinks he's one of the top 5 or 6 best coaches in the state, DEF top 10. I'd be fine with him being here until his last day. Good luck, Stay safe, Go HOUNDS!!!:1:

Cumberland is a private university. They don't have to publicly post the salaries like a public school would. I'm not sure if they do or not or what rhymer currently makes as a coach, but footballfever may be right about the pay.
However, if you know haddix, you also know his wife has a very high salary job in the medical field and they have a huge beautiful home in downtown Corbin off of 4th street. So I can look at that two ways. 1. He's comfortable and why would he want to leave it 2. He doesn't care how little a school like Cumberland wants to pay because they are financially stable anyways.

The biggest reason I would think he would be interested is to use it as a stepping stone into something bigger.
I may be completely wrong and he may have every intention of being in Corbin until he retires, but I'm just guessing that isn't the case and he will want more some day. The guy signed with a division one college out of high school and then played at another. These small naia schools love hiring one of two type of people as a head coach.
1. A winning high school coach
2. Former player, preferably D1.
Haddix is both. It may not be Cumberland, but I think haddix move on with the first reasonable offer he receives.
No one was out coached in that first half although the execution of the game plan by Corbin was as good as I've seen against Belfry in a long time. Belfry had very few offensive plays and Corbin did a good job of controlling the fullback which was key. The play that a previous poster referred to was the 4th down play that Corbin botched. Dance with the one that you brought. Everyone knows you should have just given that ball to Sizemore and let him get his two yards and a TD. If by chance Belfry had stopped him then they got a long way to go. That's where coaching came in. Haywood would have lined up and gave it to Wellman and said hey if you can stop me then good for you. No need to get fancy at the goal line. Then Tayveon was unleashed and we all know what happened after that.
IMO Haddix won't go anywhere until he gets a title or at least smells a championship game. Just my opinion.
As far as commenting on this game. Corbin should win fairly big.
Patriot1 Wrote:First thing I am not trying to be a butt. Second there is your period so you might be able to understand. All I am saying great coaches coach their team up to another level and coach Haddix may do that I haven’t seen enough of Corbin’s game to make that kind of statement you might have. Third I don’t compare no one to anyone else not Belfry or Corbin. All I am saying no matter were your at if you can take young men and make them believe they can accomplish any goal you set for them in football or life that your a great coach and person.Haddix was a great player and is probably going to be a great coach but most football people base that on wins and losses I sir do not. I think it’s based on what these young people accomplish to what their talents are some over achieve and some don’t but that is were the coaching comes in. Sorry that you took what I was saying wrong and in know way was I trying to be hostile towards you or any one.

Haha. Now that I can understand. I never thought you were being hostile, hope you didn’t think I was either. I just think you interpreted what I was saying wrong or took away the wrong things out of it in a different direction and context it was meant for. As far as your reply, I agree with you about coaching up players and getting everything out of them you can, it makes a great coach. But sadly, in today’s world, wins are what most view as an objectively good coach, I know it’s more than that. But 20 yrs down the road people won’t remember the coach (outside of the immediate fan base) who won 7 or 8 games with nothing, but they’ll remember the coach who went 15-0. I do however disagree with you on the comparing of teams. I think you have to in order to have a “measuring stick” of where and what you are. I hate to say it but the past couple of years belfry has been that measuring stick. That was part of the point of my OP. And, how Corbin has done compared to the team they played next. So if Haddix isn’t a good coach then centrals, Lex Cath’s, etc. isn’t either because they have had the same results or worse. You almost have to base or compare your teams to other teams. In most cases a coach is based on those results as well. It’s somewhat why the game is played, comparing your team to the other and see who wins. You can try to form an opinion on a team without outside factors (other teams, results) but it is almost unfeasible to do so without being subjective. But, as I said, I see what you’re saying and I agree with a lot of it, it just wasn’t what I was trying to relay in my OP. And once again, I didn’t take anything you said as hostile, just misinterpreted. Also, thanks for the period haha😆
Hound05 Wrote:Haha. Now that I can understand. I never thought you were being hostile, hope you didn’t think I was either. I just think you interpreted what I was saying wrong or took away the wrong things out of it in a different direction and context it was meant for. As far as your reply, I agree with you about coaching up players and getting everything out of them you can, it makes a great coach. But sadly, in today’s world, wins are what most view as an objectively good coach, I know it’s more than that. But 20 yrs down the road people won’t remember the coach (outside of the immediate fan base) who won 7 or 8 games with nothing, but they’ll remember the coach who went 15-0. I do however disagree with you on the comparing of teams. I think you have to in order to have a “measuring stick” of where and what you are. I hate to say it but the past couple of years belfry has been that measuring stick. That was part of the point of my OP. And, how Corbin has done compared to the team they played next. So if Haddix isn’t a good coach then centrals, Lex Cath’s, etc. isn’t either because they have had the same results or worse. You almost have to base or compare your teams to other teams. In most cases a coach is based on those results as well. It’s somewhat why the game is played, comparing your team to the other and see who wins. You can try to form an opinion on a team without outside factors (other teams, results) but it is almost unfeasible to do so without being subjective. But, as I said, I see what you’re saying and I agree with a lot of it, it just wasn’t what I was trying to relay in my OP. And once again, I didn’t take anything you said as hostile, just misinterpreted. Also, thanks for the period haha😆
Thanks, I haven’t been doing this long as you can see by how many posts I have. Just love to talk football and I never said Haddix wasn’t a good coach he probably is. I don’t post on teams I don’t know about just things that I like and sometimes don’t agree with but you seem very knowledgeable about Corbin.
Patriot1 Wrote:how a coach develops that is what makes him a good coach.

OR how Haywood has managed to extend the Belfry school district into West Virginia....and don't say it doesn't happen. David Jones still lives there...
Maybe U of the Cumerblands should look at Haywood instead. Guy is a winner, and proven recruiter lol.
The Spread Wrote:OR how Haywood has managed to extend the Belfry school district into West Virginia....and don't say it doesn't happen. David Jones still lives there...

all you cheaters do that. don't say you don't Smile
pjdoug Wrote:all you cheaters do that. don't say you don't Smile

PJ, be nice. lol
:thatsfunn
HOFER Wrote:I saw your posts but if I remember correctly you are usually respectful and aren't talking mad trash.

Thank You I always pull for my Bobcats and always will and even though other schools are rivals its the kids that get hurt when disrespectful and trash and will always look out for the kids interest!!:worthy:
Corbin 56 Bell 19
Developing what you have is what makes one a good coach, recruiting what you don't have is what makes one a great coach. lol. I am sure ol' Dud didn't have any players that moved in to Bell Co. back during their heyday. Corbin wins by many!
We are here and will be there tomorrow night. Tall task for our Bobcats, but you will know you have been in a fight no matter the score.
:novb: 24hrs :novb:
Coaches at great programs don’t have to recruit. The program’s success does it for them.
Give it time and Bell will get there. Corbin three tds.
GameDay..... Corbin Wins..... 48-12
Snow Wrote:Give it time and Bell will get there. Corbin three tds.

3 TD’s? Maybe the JV. Maybe......but that’s why we play the game so we’ll see in about 12 hours.
MadHatter Wrote:Coaches at great programs don’t have to recruit. The program’s success does it for them.
Yeah, it's "talent flow". Hmm still sucks the opportunity away from some programs to be competitive. I respect kids and parents who are willing to help build a program instead of jumping on somebody else's train, but that's just me. Sorry, off topic. Corbin by at least 35 or more depending on how quickly the JV gets in.