Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @ Bell 10-13-17
Only team I enjoy beating more than Bell is Rock and we don't play them anymore, praying to the football gods for a running clock before half.
Hound05 Wrote:Heard corbin recruited a flag twirler. Kids a beast hahha. But no, it wouldn’t do any good to trick up the Off. Corbin’s D is to disciplined. I think Haddix will show some class and not run the score up, but I almost garuntee he’ll get a running clock

Don't do that, Doug is already having seizures every time someone brings recruiting up!
Good to see Dudley back in the mix here. Next year he will make a difference. This year he has been rebuilding Hiroshima.
Corbin by 30
Hound05 Wrote:Heard corbin recruited a flag twirler. Kids a beast hahha. But no, it wouldn’t do any good to trick up the Off. Corbin’s D is to disciplined. I think Haddix will show some class and not run the score up, but I almost garuntee he’ll get a running clock
They're making her sit out until she's ruled eligible by khsaa. So no excuses for bell this week.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I think the feeling everyone has about Dudley are appropriately in line with mine. Dudley is a legend, you can’t take that away from him, he just didn’t care to make a team look bad if he could but this year the shoe may be on the other foot. I just don’t think it is appropriate to drag his or Haddix’s families into it. I am a corbin fan my kids attend there and don’t feel that anyone has the right to say much about Haddix, if you don’t like him it’s only because you don’t know him or your a jealous person. He cares about his kids and the community, he has done well for his self that doesn’t mean he was given anything because he is probably the hardest working coach I have ever seen. He is smart and surrounds himself with the best coaching staff. He tries to make this the closest thing to the next level that some of these kids will honestly see. Corbin will put up a running clock this Friday but I honestly don’t think Haddix is making this game more than what it is. He is coaching to win a state championship, not to embarace anyone school or coach. Starters will leave the game when it is in complete control, he wouldn’t trade a 100-0 win to loose a kid that is a piece to the puzzle and at this point they are all key pieces from the qb to the kid playing on special teams. The past couple weeks our j v has played more varsity than our varsity and they have played extremely well also. Middle school program is firing on all cylinders and I have to say the future looks good in redhound land. This is a tribute to coach Haddix and staff of how they are involved working to ensure the future of the program. That is the kinda stuff I was getting at when I said hardest working coaches I have ever seen, not to mention how during the off-season he is there cheering for the kids playing other sports. He may leave Corbin one day and coach somewhere else but I think he has set the bar for what we expect for our football program.

I agree Coach Haddix is a class act. Has done a wonderful job at Corbin. I think Corbin will beat Bell bad, maybe as bad as Haddix wants to beat them. Be glad Dudley don't have this opportunity, I've witnessed the results 1st hand. He would pour it on. Good Luck and stay healthy. :truestory:
No one ever accused Dudley of having any class when he gets up big.
Corbin will just be too much
The Spread Wrote:No one ever accused Dudley of having any class when he gets up big.

That’s true hahaha. Maybe when the shoes on the other foot a couple times he’ll learn what being humble and class is about. I played against him, he’s a great coach, no denying that, but with that said, the only reason I don’t want to see the score 80-0 is because of the kids and the lessons you’re teaching them by doing so. I would like to see them get better though, I liked the rivalry when I played and miss seeing it now. It only helps us in the end by them being competitive again. I think corbin has surpassed them to much now though for that to come to fruition.
Remember him calling a timeout up by 30 plus at halftime to kick a field goal years ago. If it were all about him and not the kids, I would say hang 60 on them!
Corbin 48-14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
3 days Confusedhh: Confusedhh: Confusedhh:
I say beat a team by however much you want. Just don’t complain when roles get reversed. Stop being snowflakes. Everyone needs a good tail kicking every once in awhile.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I think the feeling everyone has about Dudley are appropriately in line with mine. Dudley is a legend, you can’t take that away from him, he just didn’t care to make a team look bad if he could but this year the shoe may be on the other foot. I just don’t think it is appropriate to drag his or Haddix’s families into it. I am a corbin fan my kids attend there and don’t feel that anyone has the right to say much about Haddix, if you don’t like him it’s only because you don’t know him or your a jealous person. He cares about his kids and the community, he has done well for his self that doesn’t mean he was given anything because he is probably the hardest working coach I have ever seen. He is smart and surrounds himself with the best coaching staff. He tries to make this the closest thing to the next level that some of these kids will honestly see. Corbin will put up a running clock this Friday but I honestly don’t think Haddix is making this game more than what it is. He is coaching to win a state championship, not to embarace anyone school or coach. Starters will leave the game when it is in complete control, he wouldn’t trade a 100-0 win to loose a kid that is a piece to the puzzle and at this point they are all key pieces from the qb to the kid playing on special teams. The past couple weeks our j v has played more varsity than our varsity and they have played extremely well also. Middle school program is firing on all cylinders and I have to say the future looks good in redhound land. This is a tribute to coach Haddix and staff of how they are involved working to ensure the future of the program. That is the kinda stuff I was getting at when I said hardest working coaches I have ever seen, not to mention how during the off-season he is there cheering for the kids playing other sports. He may leave Corbin one day and coach somewhere else but I think he has set the bar for what we expect for our football program.

Most of you know that Larkey was fired from Harlan Co in a cowardly, detestable way. Because of that, most everyone wants to beat this year's team as badly as they can. I think it's so unfortunate and sad. This year's team and families have nothing to do with the past. It's a childish and stupid thing to do, IMO to take revenge out on kids who did nothing to provoke it. Families included!!!

Cellking Wrote:I agree Coach Haddix is a class act. Has done a wonderful job at Corbin. I think Corbin will beat Bell bad, maybe as bad as Haddix wants to beat them. Be glad Dudley don't have this opportunity, I've witnessed the results 1st hand. He would pour it on. Good Luck and stay healthy. :truestory:

I have witnessed those results too and have lost a great deal of respect for Hilton as a result of what I've seen over the years.

As far as Haddix is concerned, he KILLS me with those danged shorts!! He's gonna get his knees frost bitten one of these days!!

Hope for an injury free contest! Afraid even with the home field advantage of Flag Mountain, the Hounds will leave Bell County very much alive.

Good luck everybody!!
I agree about Coach Haddix. He and his staff have always been great to scrimmage and play JV, Freshmen, and MS school games against. Always classy and treated the opponents well. I would be happy to have my kids playing for the Hounds. A great tradition with a very bright future , especially since he has been the coach.
This one has a chance to get ugly fast.
How long until Cumberland tries to steal haddix from Corbin?
I think it's coming. Don't see how they'll continue to let the guy they got now keep going at this pace. Most likely a .500 coach on average for a program who consistently competed for a MSC title and just 4 or 5 years ago a national title. Has a 14-16 record coming into this year after 3 years.
Not to mention all the opportunities haddix will undoubtedly have. The next coaching search there will be fun to keep up with.
He’s a good coach, his lack of experience recruiting (even though some claim he has) would hurt him a little at that level, but every kid I’ve talked to since he’s been there loves him. Someone who was part of the hiring process to get him told me that was the main reason why they hired him, he’s a players coach. So that would help him on the college level but it’s still a different ball game. You see it all the time, kids love the coach but go somewhere else. I hope he stays at corbin until he retires though, and I still think if Cumberland came open he might stay, he’s built a good foundation, and has amazing kids coming up. It would be hard to leave, but ya never know what will happen when $$$$ is involved.
He won't make anymore $$ at UC than he does in high school coaching. Just won't have to teach. Haddix coaching ability is still up in the air. As a salesman he seems to be very good but in his last 3 playoff loses he has been out scored 83-14 in the second half and given up leads of 26-0 and 17-0.
Not long ago Bell County posters was on fire :flame: on BGR :oooo:
Granny Bear Wrote:Most of you know that Larkey was fired from Harlan Co in a cowardly, detestable way. Because of that, most everyone wants to beat this year's team as badly as they can. I think it's so unfortunate and sad. This year's team and families have nothing to do with the past. It's a childish and stupid thing to do, IMO to take revenge out on kids who did nothing to provoke it. Families included!!!

I have witnessed those results too and have lost a great deal of respect for Hilton as a result of what I've seen over the years.

As far as Haddix is concerned, he KILLS me with those danged shorts!! He's gonna get his knees frost bitten one of these days!!

Hope for an injury free contest! Afraid even with the home field advantage of Flag Mountain, the Hounds will leave Bell County very much alive.

Good luck everybody!!
One funny thing about our coach, or our defensive coach, when I was being fan/dad, fussing about Haddix pushing in a late score on Casey in the playoff, coach said that guy is a fine young man. Our coach coached Haddix in college, Western. Coach had linebackers but he has a pretty high opinion of Haddix as a man. I forget sometimes, the other team is not there to do us any favors. I'm all about Casey, Haddix is all about Corbin. That's how it's supposed to be. I may pay a visit to watch this game...not sure. We play on Saturday this week. I think my football traveling partners are dead set on watching Boyle vs Catholic, a much closer drive for us.
We preach 100% effort to these kids every day. I'm not going to tell my offense to not play to the best of their abilities. I may sub, but my team scores 200 against a team, that shouldn't say anything about a coach. That should say more about the other defense.

If teams don't want getting beat like a drum, get better. Needless to say, I'm not a fan of coddling and showing sympathy. That's what's wrong with today's society. If my team were to be humiliated, I wouldn't curl up in the fetal position as I cried and said "oh they were so classless". I would get out there and try to get better.

Man your all's defensive coaches, those guys need raises. Coach Stonebraker said that was one of the best secondaries he had seen, last year. And even better this year. Super talented group.
footballfever Wrote:He won't make anymore $$ at UC than he does in high school coaching. Just won't have to teach. Haddix coaching ability is still up in the air. As a salesman he seems to be very good but in his last 3 playoff loses he has been out scored 83-14 in the second half and given up leads of 26-0 and 17-0.

You might be right about the money I don't know, I'd have a hard time thinking he wouldn't make more at UC coaching though, but like I said im just guessing.

I def wouldn't say his coaching ability is up in the air. As for his last 3 years of playoff losses, you have to look at who you were playing and more than just the score at the end. In 2014 Corbin had Central beat! Yea we had a big lead and they came back, but that is almost more on the def coordinator than it is him, I know hes the captain but you don't blame eddie gran when UK left to WR's wide open twice, its the same thing. On top of that it still took a miracle play and a questionable (objectively awful) penalty for Central to win. In 2015 we lost to Belfry, they were just the better team that year, not to much you can do about that. We lost by 28, But if you look on to the next game, the State championship, Lex Cath lost 43-0 to the same team. 2016, was almost the same as 2014 if you want to question coaching. We held one of the best offenses in the state regardless of class to a goose egg for a half. Once again, I know he's the captain of the ship, but he's an offensive guy-that's why he hired Greer as a D.C., who is also a good coach- So you cant place all the blame on him for that. Just like the example with UK earlier. We ended up losing that game to belfry once again, by 25 points, all scored in one half. They ended up playing Central next for the SC, and beat them by 21. You can only do so much as a coach with what you have, the past two years, belfry was the better team, you cant take anything away from Haddix's coaching ability for that. The central game maybe???.... But if these brackets were flipped around, we'd almost certainly be in the state championship, every year, and no one would be questioning his ability then. But this year will be no different, with the exception of the outcome maybe. The two best teams in 3A will play in the Semi's for what should be the SC. Would, should, if, and but's don't matter in the end though. If we wanna be the best we have to the beat the best no matter where and what round. Question HIS ability all you want, I thinks he's one of the top 5 or 6 best coaches in the state, DEF top 10. I'd be fine with him being here until his last day. Good luck, Stay safe, Go HOUNDS!!!:1:
Hound05 Wrote:You might be right about the money I don't know, I'd have a hard time thinking he wouldn't make more at UC coaching though, but like I said im just guessing.

I def wouldn't say his coaching ability is up in the air. As for his last 3 years of playoff losses, you have to look at who you were playing and more than just the score at the end. In 2014 Corbin had Central beat! Yea we had a big lead and they came back, but that is almost more on the def coordinator than it is him, I know hes the captain but you don't blame eddie gran when UK left to WR's wide open twice, its the same thing. On top of that it still took a play and a questionable (objectively awful) penalty for Central to win. In 2015 we lost to Belfry, they were just the better team that year, not to much you can do about that. We lost by 28, But if you look on to the next game, the State championship, Lex Cath lost 43-0 to the same team. 2016, was almost the same as 2014 if you want to question coaching. We held one of the best offenses in the state regardless of class to a goose egg for a half. Once again, I know he's the captain of the ship, but he's an offensive guy-that's why he hired Greer as a D.C., who is also a good coach- So you cant place all the blame on him for that. Just like the example with UK earlier. We ended up losing that game to belfry once again, by 25 points, all scored in one half. They ended up playing Central next for the SC, and beat them by 21. You can only do so much as a coach with what you have, the past two years, belfry was the better team, you cant take anything away from Haddix's coaching ability for that. The central game maybe???.... But if these brackets were flipped around, we'd almost certainly be in the state championship, every year, and no one would be questioning his ability then. But this year will be no different, with the exception of the outcome maybe. The two best teams in 3A will play in the Semi's for what should be the SC. Would, should, if, and but's don't matter in the end though. If we wanna be the best we have to the beat the best no matter where and what round. Question HIS ability all you want, I thinks he's one of the top 5 or 6 best coaches in the state, DEF top 10. I'd be fine with him being here until his last day. Good luck, Stay safe, Go HOUNDS!!!:1:
So what your saying is that Belfry coach Haywood is not as good as Corbin coach but that play call at the goal line was horrible when the quarterback had been eating Belfry alive last year in the semi game but because Belfry has a better team Belfrys coach should win I disagree sometimes you have to out coach the other coach not saying Corbin coach is not a good coach or person I don’t know him but I have seen coaches with less talent win ball games that they shouldn’t have won. Corbin over the last couple of years has had great talent and it showed in middle school years and for the next so many years as I have heard so if he don’t win a state championship is he 3 or 4 best coach in Ky that is to be determined
Patriot1 Wrote:So what your saying is that Belfry coach Haywood is not as good as Corbin coach but that play call at the goal line was horrible when the quarterback had been eating Belfry alive last year in the semi game but because Belfry has a better team Belfrys coach should win I disagree sometimes you have to out coach the other coach not saying Corbin coach is not a good coach or person I don’t know him but I have seen coaches with less talent win ball games that they shouldn’t have won. Corbin over the last couple of years has had great talent and it showed in middle school years and for the next so many years as I have heard so if he don’t win a state championship is he 3 or 4 best coach in Ky that is to be determined
Ok? Haha. First off I’m not being a d!ck but I’m having a hard time understanding what you’re saying since it’s all one sentence. 2nd, no where did I ever say coach Haywood wasn’t as good a coach Haddix. His resume would easily dispute that if I did. 3rd, I don’t know what play call you are talking about, the only specific reference to a play I mentioned was centrals game? 4th, yea if you have the better TEAM you SHOULD win, I dunno how anyone could disagree with that. TEAM includes coaching, which is why I said TEAM not PLAYERS. Sometimes the better team doesn’t win, but they SHOULD still win or there would be no such thing as upsets. I kinda see what you’re trying to say (I think) but you’re way out in left field from what you interpreted from the post, and the overall direction of it. If anything, I placed belfry above everyone else as a measuring stick for corbin and everyone else. So I don’t know where you’re going with it or how you comprehended anything I said that way. Last, yes he does have some good kids coming up, but you just contradicted your own previous point, when you said you have to “out coach the other coach”. So if that’s your philosophy, the talent level shouldn’t really be a factor in determining a coaches prestige? That answer is no. It takes both. Which is my point, which is why I compared ourselves, and other teams to belfry. They have a great coach and great talent. It was a reply to the OP’s response of the last 3 years playoffs and how we stacked up compared to other teams the very next game. Which was actually pretty well, considering we had LESS talent than belfry and some of the other teams but had comparable or even better results.
Corbin 35-14
Predator/Prey Wrote:The Spoiled Brat verses Grumpy Old Man, the Silver Spoon Brat wins by 36 or more.

:argue:.

LOL

nice descriptions.
chs crazy Wrote:Don't do that, Doug is already having seizures every time someone brings recruiting up!

I'm sure Bell County and Corbin coaches will be trying to recruit each other's players FridayConfusederiously:
Hound05 Wrote:You might be right about the money I don't know, I'd have a hard time thinking he wouldn't make more at UC coaching though, but like I said im just guessing.

I def wouldn't say his coaching ability is up in the air. As for his last 3 years of playoff losses, you have to look at who you were playing and more than just the score at the end. In 2014 Corbin had Central beat! Yea we had a big lead and they came back, but that is almost more on the def coordinator than it is him, I know hes the captain but you don't blame eddie gran when UK left to WR's wide open twice, its the same thing. On top of that it still took a miracle play and a questionable (objectively awful) penalty for Central to win. In 2015 we lost to Belfry, they were just the better team that year, not to much you can do about that. We lost by 28, But if you look on to the next game, the State championship, Lex Cath lost 43-0 to the same team. 2016, was almost the same as 2014 if you want to question coaching. We held one of the best offenses in the state regardless of class to a goose egg for a half. Once again, I know he's the captain of the ship, but he's an offensive guy-that's why he hired Greer as a D.C., who is also a good coach- So you cant place all the blame on him for that. Just like the example with UK earlier. We ended up losing that game to belfry once again, by 25 points, all scored in one half. They ended up playing Central next for the SC, and beat them by 21. You can only do so much as a coach with what you have, the past two years, belfry was the better team, you cant take anything away from Haddix's coaching ability for that. The central game maybe???.... But if these brackets were flipped around, we'd almost certainly be in the state championship, every year, and no one would be questioning his ability then. But this year will be no different, with the exception of the outcome maybe. The two best teams in 3A will play in the Semi's for what should be the SC. Would, should, if, and but's don't matter in the end though. If we wanna be the best we have to the beat the best no matter where and what round. Question HIS ability all you want, I thinks he's one of the top 5 or 6 best coaches in the state, DEF top 10. I'd be fine with him being here until his last day. Good luck, Stay safe, Go HOUNDS!!!:1:

Hounds got outcoached in the playoffs last year Smile