Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @ Bell 10-13-17
Corbin wins 52 to 7 Bell is not on Corbin's level... far from it...
Corbin 47
Bell 15
Corbin 48
Bell 14
Cellking Wrote:PJ, be nice. lol
:thatsfunn

I try but some people make it impossible. lol
oldschool77 Wrote:Developing what you have is what makes one a good coach, recruiting what you don't have is what makes one a great coach. lol. I am sure ol' Dud didn't have any players that moved in to Bell Co. back during their heyday. Corbin wins by many!

He can get back to recruiting Virginia if he is there long enough.
The Spread Wrote:OR how Haywood has managed to extend the Belfry school district into West Virginia....and don't say it doesn't happen. David Jones still lives there...

You do realize that Corbin's school District literally sits in 3 different counties?

[Image: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c...62.svg.png]
Actually only two. State law states that a city can only occupy two counties and no more. That's why exit 29 is in such bad shape. Corbin wants to develope it. While Laurel county doesn't want to develope it, but doesn't want Corbin to have it. Multiple attempts have been made for the state law to get changed so something can be done with it, but to no avail. Everyone gets transfers, some just get more than others. Some also want to tear down successful people and programs because they are small minded and jealous. I don't think belfry recruits and I don't think Corbin recruits. The types of kids that want to compete for championships want to play at places like Corbin and belfry. The kids that worry more about their carries, touches, position, and stats transfer to other places. It goes both ways, team first kids are just more successful than me first kids. It's about the kids though, so I don't care who transfers where.
TongueirateShoTongueirateSho 4hrs TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Actually only two. State law states that a city can only occupy two counties and no more. That's why exit 29 is in such bad shape. Corbin wants to develope it. While Laurel county doesn't want to develope it, but doesn't want Corbin to have it. Multiple attempts have been made for the state law to get changed so something can be done with it, but to no avail. Everyone gets transfers, some just get more than others. Some also want to tear down successful people and programs because they are small minded and jealous. I don't think belfry recruits and I don't think Corbin recruits. The types of kids that want to compete for championships want to play at places like Corbin and belfry. The kids that worry more about their carries, touches, position, and stats transfer to other places. It goes both ways, team first kids are just more successful than me first kids. It's about the kids though, so I don't care who transfers where.

Recruiting is somewhat a relative term. With that said, Corbin recruits, and so does belfry. Not like colleges or states where you can in HS, but it happens. Not a lot, and not to an extreme, because like you said most of the time the kids or parents want them to go there. But the idea is planted by coaches now and then. Back on topic, I would like to see if they score on our JV tonight, because otherwise it’s not gonna be much of a game I wouldn’t think
Some of that may be true, but some kids choose to stay in programs with the "brothers" they played little league and middle school with. Some kids of the " all about me" generation want to get their stats and PT up. Then again some want to go to greener pastures where the program is already loaded with talent and they have a better chance for winning a championship. The one's who have the ability to succeed at a top notch program but choose to build something where they grew up are the kids I respect the most. Those kids are the "types that want to play for championships" too. The comment I have heard from some is " A championship wouldn't be worth anything if it wasn't with my brothers." I respect that statement. No disrespect meant to any program, merely voicing an appreciation for the kids who work to succeed in those programs who struggle to compete at the highest level year in and year out.
Cumberland will not pay Haddix enough for him to leave Corbin. Until he gets close to retirement it would be crazy for him to leave for an 10 or 15 thousand a year. Once he can draw his retirement it would be if it him financially to go to a college like Dudley did. If Eastern or a state school were to make him an offensive coordinator that would be a good move because he could stay in the state retirement program. If it is not a substantial pay increase why leave where you are happy. His wife is the chief bread maker in their household. He could leave based on her professional opportunities.
Haddix isn’t that good of a coach.. lol You guys are are crazy. Better stay at Corbin so the kids can make him look good.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You do realize that Corbin's school District literally sits in 3 different counties?

[Image: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c...62.svg.png]

Not trying to be smart, but there is a clear and distinct difference between a school district in a town encompassing space in multiple counties and an entirely different state...apples and oranges.

I shouldn't have posted that on this thread being it's a Bell/Corbin thread. But as usual Belfry seems to work its way into these convos. Feel free to Pm if you'd like.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Actually only two. State law states that a city can only occupy two counties and no more. That's why exit 29 is in such bad shape. Corbin wants to develope it. While Laurel county doesn't want to develope it, but doesn't want Corbin to have it. Multiple attempts have been made for the state law to get changed so something can be done with it, but to no avail. Everyone gets transfers, some just get more than others. Some also want to tear down successful people and programs because they are small minded and jealous. I don't think belfry recruits and I don't think Corbin recruits. The types of kids that want to compete for championships want to play at places like Corbin and belfry. The kids that worry more about their carries, touches, position, and stats transfer to other places. It goes both ways, team first kids are just more successful than me first kids. It's about the kids though, so I don't care who transfers where.

I don't think they do either. I know for a fact they do.
Granny, what did I say to violate rule 1?