Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland in '07
yeah hopefully someone steps up
I applaud Coach Hart. He is a fine coach and a nice person. Apparently he doesn't put up with any bull from the players. Ashland will be a better team without Mahan if he is a head case.
That said, I hope the Tomcats win all but 2 games on their schedule Russell and Boyd Co.

I also think this is the toughest schedule Ashland has had in at least 5 years maybe even 10.
t-cat50 Wrote:yeah but Matt should make smarter throw then darrell but won't have nere the arm he has

but would you rather have darrell at qb and matt at hb, or matt at qb and mahan not on the field? all it does is takes an athlete off the field and one of your best returning starters from a team that doesnt have many starters coming back.
bizmark Wrote:but would you rather have darrell at qb and matt at hb, or matt at qb and mahan not on the field? all it does is takes an athlete off the field and one of your best returning starters from a team that doesnt have many starters coming back.
really nothin against darrell but hopefully some young guy steps up so they can keep matt in the backfield but there is a new kid from pittsburg thats pretty good going to play hb
bizmark Wrote:but would you rather have darrell at qb and matt at hb, or matt at qb and mahan not on the field? all it does is takes an athlete off the field and one of your best returning starters from a team that doesnt have many starters coming back.

really nothin against darrell but hopefully some young guy steps up so they can keep matt in the backfield but there is a new kid from pittsburg thats pretty good going to play hb
who do you all think will end up bein the QB
matt probably because there are no freshman coming up at Qb or any that could handle varsity playing time.
like everyone says... its a rebuilding year and they will struggle tremedously this season thomas moving to qb.... ouch
i saw him throw the ball at a couple passing scrimmages and lets just say it wasnt pretty
ashland will mostly be a running football team this year matt was moved to QB mostly becase he makes the right decisions but def not for his arm
tomcatscc23 Wrote:ashland will mostly be a running football team this year matt was moved to QB mostly becase he makes the right decisions but def not for his arm
Sounds like an option based offensive package may be in store for the Tomcats.
I don't think Ashland will be bad. They always have talent but they do have a lot to replace this year.
Matt Thomas will have a great season for Ashland!
March Man Wrote:Matt Thomas will have a great season for Ashland!
If they can surround him with some decent players he should have a good year. But like I keep saying, there is a lot to replace.
i think we'll be alright the defence should be good as always and the offence will get better as the season goes on
I believe that moving Thomas to QB will end up hurting the TOMCATS than helping them.