Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland in '07
new class, harder district, new players whats gonna happen?
heres the schedule
Friday August 24th Raceland 7:30 PM
Friday August 31st Pikeville 7:30 PM
Friday September 7th Ironton 7:30 PM
Friday September 14th At Russell 7:30 PM
Friday September 21st Montgomery County 7:30 PM (Homecoming)
Friday September 28th At Boyd County 7:30 PM
Friday October 5th At Woodford County 7:30 PM
Friday October 12th Greenup County 7:30 PM
Friday October 19th Bryan Station 7:30 PM (Senior Night)
Friday October 26th At Johnson Central 7:30 PM
Friday November 2nd Open Date
I have to say its going to be more of a "Rebuilding Year" and getting used to the new district play and the new district rivals! I don't really like the open date at the end of the regular season because I feel that it will through of the team going into the first round of the playoffs! I know from experience if you have good momentum going it can be extremely hard to keep the momentum over the off week! There's more games at Putnam than their are away so that should help!
tomcatscc23 Wrote:new class, harder district, new players whats gonna happen?
heres the schedule
Friday August 24th Raceland 7:30 PM
Friday August 31st Pikeville 7:30 PM
Friday September 7th Ironton 7:30 PM
Friday September 14th At Russell 7:30 PM
Friday September 21st Montgomery County 7:30 PM (Homecoming)
Friday September 28th At Boyd County 7:30 PM
Friday October 5th At Woodford County 7:30 PM
Friday October 12th Greenup County 7:30 PM
Friday October 19th Bryan Station 7:30 PM (Senior Night)
Friday October 26th At Johnson Central 7:30 PM
Friday November 2nd Open Date

Looks like a solid schedule for the young Tomcats. One good thing is they start out with 3 home games. I don't like the open week at the end of the season either.
Best of luck to the Tomcats next season except when they come to JC
Ashland is Ashland and they will be just fine. Thomas had to decide he going to carry this team though. If he can't put up big numbers on O than it might be a long year. He has the ability but will he do it? If he does than this new district will be crazy.
TOMCAT06 Wrote:I have to say its going to be more of a "Rebuilding Year" and getting used to the new district play and the new district rivals! I don't really like the open date at the end of the regular season because I feel that it will through of the team going into the first round of the playoffs! I know from experience if you have good momentum going it can be extremely hard to keep the momentum over the off week! There's more games at Putnam than their are away so that should help!

I have 2 points to make here. My first is does Ashland ever truly have a "rebuilding" year. Honestly year in and year out Ashland can bring more solid seniors to the field than most teams in the Moutains. Secondly with the players they do return this year should be another battle with JC outside of that Woodford Co. my be the only team that is going to threaten the Tomcats but, if its @ Putnam the game is going to be fixed so they shouldn't have anything to worry about.
brotherinarms Wrote:I have 2 points to make here. My first is does Ashland ever truly have a "rebuilding" year. Honestly year in and year out Ashland can bring more solid seniors to the field than most teams in the Moutains. Secondly with the players they do return this year should be another battle with JC outside of that Woodford Co. my be the only team that is going to threaten the Tomcats but, if its @ Putnam the game is going to be fixed so they shouldn't have anything to worry about.

I guess you've never heard the Miller Man Law that your allowed to refer to any season as a "rebuilding" season even if no rebuilding actually happened! Why would the game be set if it is at Putnam?
I believe he is making reference to the " Controversial Field Goal" of 2005 when Ashland played JC. You may not remember it, but all of Johnsonville does. But hey, thats in the past and doesn't bother me now. Just fueled the building rivalry if you ask me. I look forward to this game more than I do the Apple Bowl now.
haha yea that along with the "special mud cleats" and us watering down the field to stop bloom
3-7 or 4-6
Just for the record I posted that for kicks. (no field goal pun intended)
how many did ashland lose this year?
about 18 out of 22 starters
4-6 or 5-5.
i say ashland will have a winning record at least more like 7-3
brotherinarms Wrote:Just for the record I posted that for kicks. (no field goal pun intended)

Sure, Sure hahaCool
at the end of spring practice Matt Thomas played QB
Ashland could be the first to hit Russell at Home for a loss???? Any thoughts.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Ashland could be the first to hit Russell at Home for a loss???? Any thoughts.

If what I heard about the Russell spring practice that may just happen. I won't post anything in here because it is an Ashland thread but if anyone wants information just send me a PM.
can anybody tell me why asland didnt return the favor and come to cam this year..i know it s not because they moved up cause they got pikeville on schelue at home..
cuppett777 Wrote:can anybody tell me why asland didnt return the favor and come to cam this year..i know it s not because they moved up cause they got pikeville on schelue at home..

The Ashland-Belfry contract was only intended originally as a one year deal. Both teams had lost Ironton on their schedule because of Ironton's change to a new league in Ohio, so it became an easy way to glue the schedule back with some great competition.

After the great game this past season, people in Ashland said that a 7 year deal was in the works with Belfry (not sure how true was, just what I had heard). Apparently some details unknown to myself were not able to get hammered out coming to the close of scheduling so the game was completely dropped.

I really wish the game had been kept. You only get better by playing better teams, and I believe Greenup replaced the possible Belfry spot on our schedule which is a significant drop off in talent.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Where is Mahan, why is Thomas playing QB??????
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
mahan couldn't keep and good head on his shoulders and got kick off the team.
Why wouldnt Ashland play Pikeville @ Pikeville? Weve got a 2 year contract with them and have to play @ Putnam both years.
who knows we never played raceland at raceland
My son was talking to a few of the Ashland players recently, they were really worried about the team next year. They voiced an opinion that they were going to be very bad. IMHO I find that hard to believe. Anybody else heard that?
they still have alot of talent but unexpirenced and a small unexpirenced o-line
we definatly wont be bad we really dont know what to expect since we moved up in class and play harder competition but we should be pretty good
well too bad mahan got kicked off the team. thats gonna hurt really bad
yeah but Matt should make smarter throw then darrell but won't have nere the arm he has
Ashland seems to always have a good group of younger kids, to come up and replace the seniors, I think they will be a soild team next year and contend for a district title.