Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley Co @ Leslie Co 8/25
I look for the Colonels to get that offense rolling this week. Wilson will have 100 yard rushing game this week.

Whitley Co. 42
Leslie Co. 14
Whitley Co.. By a couple touchdowns
Whitley 44 Leslie 20
34-20 Whitley.. Leslie don't have the horses they had last year
64 will be on a crying drunk.
Why is Whitley playing at Leslie two years in a row?
Curious on the scheduling for this one
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Why is Whitley playing at Leslie two years in a row?

I never even thought of that. good question .

Sign 2 year contracts. At Whitley 15, Leslie 16. Leslie 17, Whitley 18. It evens out and you want to try keep 5 home games each year. It's good if you can get a 6th home game but not worth it to only play 4 home next year.
footballfever Wrote:Sign 2 year contracts. At Whitley 15, Leslie 16. Leslie 17, Whitley 18. It evens out and you want to try keep 5 home games each year. It's good if you can get a 6th home game but not worth it to only play 4 home next year.

Plus they wanted to move the date so they could schedule Hazard week 10...
Whitley by 21 or more.
OldJacket Wrote:Whitley Co 14-0

Don't see Whitley pitching a shut-out against Leslie Co. in Hyden. Look for the Eagles to hang around and win this one late. This will be only game all year I pull against Whitley Co. Go Eagles !!!!:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:
Cellking Wrote:Don't see Whitley pitching a shut-out against Leslie Co. in Hyden. Look for the Eagles to hang around and win this one late. This will be only game all year I pull against Whitley Co. Go Eagles !!!!:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:
Coach that Whitley Defense looked pretty good against Corbin, I guess a lot depends on the health of Whitaker...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I can't figure out why Leslie is playing Whitley and not playing a 5A school that is right next door in Harlan County.
Whitley County 34-13
I Rule The World Wrote:Leslie played 51 kids... The majority of those played most of the 4th quarter. If you don't follow Leslie Co. football you wouldn't know that Coach Melton absolutely does not believe in running the score up on anyone. Pineville's young Qb is very athletic. Not taking anything away from them at all. I do know that Leslie had subbed in 14 Defensive Linemen by the 2nd Quarter. That is a fact...

That sure is a lot of DL to play in a half, most teams dont have that many DL on the team. How many did they play the whole game?
HCS Wrote:I can't figure out why Leslie is playing Whitley and not playing a 5A school that is right next door in Harlan County.

Could be the open dates didn't match up. Might be they just didn't want to. I know you're from Harlan but the world doesn't revolve around them.....
Leslie beat Whitley last year at Whitley. Hard to win at Hyden and with 14 region officials..
pjdoug has convinced me. Whitley takes this one.
Bobcat4years Wrote:Leslie beat Whitley last year at Whitley. Hard to win at Hyden and with 14 region officials..

Nope, read above post and it says Whitley was at Leslie last year also.
Westside Wrote:pjdoug has convinced me. Whitley takes this one.

You will be the first person ever and I mean ever that pjdoug convinced on BGR. :Sad04:
I Rule The World Wrote:Plus they wanted to move the date so they could schedule Hazard week 10...

makes sense.
Bobcat4years Wrote:Leslie beat Whitley last year at Whitley. Hard to win at Hyden and with 14 region officials..

No they didn't :argue:
64SUR Wrote:You will be the first person ever and I mean ever that pjdoug convinced on BGR. :Sad04:

Saturday you will be convinced after waking up on a hangover after a crying drunk. Stan The Man on Williamsburg radio agrees with me. He dives to the 40 He dives to the 30 he turns a flip to the 25, 20,10, 5 give him six and wrap it up in black,wrap it up in red. Confusednicker:
Westside Wrote:pjdoug has convinced me. Whitley takes this one.

:High5:
Will this game be on an online radio station ?
Wc 15-14
Twitter: @tc_analytics

footballfever Wrote:Sign 2 year contracts. At Whitley 15, Leslie 16. Leslie 17, Whitley 18. It evens out and you want to try keep 5 home games each year. It's good if you can get a 6th home game but not worth it to only play 4 home next year.

Completely forgot a out Leslie coming to Whitley in 15.
This definitely makes sense. As you said, teams always want the 5 home games.
pjdoug Wrote::High5:

Pjdoug, I like, but I'm not sure I like you THAT much.
The Outsider Wrote:That sure is a lot of DL to play in a half, most teams dont have that many DL on the team. How many did they play the whole game?

Started playing the younger kids in the 4th quarter. Probably 20 or so.

For a couple years now they have tried to develop depth there every year to keep any kids on the O-line from playing both ways so much.
Leslie takes this one with a late score in the 4th!!! 32-28