Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County @ Raceland
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:28-13 Rams 1:24 3rd

A lot of time left.
Matman Wrote:Yes. Play the best you have. If their not conditioned enough then that's an issue that should of been taken care of in the off season. I do know the team has been weak in the weight room the past few seasons. Was hoping with the excitement around the program that would t be the case this year.

With a 72 man roster you would just about accidentally have 3 or 4 kids who can play defensive line................or you would think.
:insane:
28-13 end 3rd
Matman Wrote:Yes. Play the best you have. If their not conditioned enough then that's an issue that should of been taken care of in the off season. I do know the team has been weak in the weight room the past few seasons. Was hoping with the excitement around the program that would t be the case this year.

So what is going on with the weight room problems. Lawrence built a new state of the art fitness center several years ago so they should be taking advantage of that.
Don't worry Dawg fans you've got Mighty Magoffin in the dog house next week and then you have Prestonsburg B on the road. You'll see Prestonsburg A week 5 at home.
Do-double-gg Wrote:So what is going on with the weight room problems. Lawrence built a new state of the art fitness center several years ago so they should be taking advantage of that.

A combination of things. Bad technique and a lack of work. I've seen other issues with bad advice and old outdated advice. I've seen people tell the kids weights will make them stiff and take away their flexibility. Also that it will stunt their growth. Neither being true. A lot of them workout and don't train. No real program or goals. They need to take a look at JC and see what lead to a change of attitude there. A wrestling program would be huge and change the mentality and work ethic of a lot of the kids.
28-19 Rams 3:12 4th
2pt conversion fail hurt LC
I want to make sure everyone knows I'm not blaming he kids nor am I saying they didn't work hard. LC has some of the best kids I've seen. There is just a difference in mentality that needs to happen. I think they will still be successful. But everyone thinks they are working hard. Everyone lifts weights. It needs to be more. You have to ask yourself what extra am I doing. They aren't doing that yet.
Matman Wrote:A combination of things. Bad technique and a lack of work. I've seen other issues with bad advice and old outdated advice. I've seen people tell the kids weights will make them stiff and take away their flexibility. Also that it will stunt their growth. Neither being true. A lot of them workout and don't train. No real program or goals. They need to take a look at JC and see what lead to a change of attitude there. A wrestling program would be huge and change the mentality and work ethic of a lot of the kids.
Serious question coming here. You bring up a very good observation about the weight program or lack there of. Short played for the great Dawg teams of old but isn't there anyone else left from the Chuke era to assist Coach Short to get things back on track?
35-19 Rams 1:22 4th
LC got develop some kind of passing game at least enough to keep teams honest
Raceland needs to find some depth upfront, got beat down in the 2nd half. Saw a few flashes of what could lay ahead in Black's arm, Webb speed, and what a game for Gunner Lewis. Rams special teams has vastly improved this year. Dalton Adkins is a helluva a ball player. Defensive speed is great. Defense won this ball game in the first quarter. If Black and Lewis get their timing down, that's a big down field threat. A few fatigue and dumb penalties negated a TD. Rule clarification need to be made to the teams in the khsaa regarding blocking down field and the Crack block mess. A Webb had a beautiful block that was called a pf. Have to have ur arms extended now I guess. Not a bad first game. Kind if went the opposite of the last few seasons. Started off hot, then fizzled. Damon Black took great care of the football and made great choices. Didn't show much in the offense. But did well enough. We are better than I thought we would be. Another tall task next week at Putnam.