Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville's gym
The Guru Wrote:Did anyone have trouble with seating tonight??? no...there was plenty! Tue. nights problems happens once every 5-6 years!
It wasn't bad tonight, I'll agree there. Plenty of room to sit.
Much to small of a gym to hold that many ppl and plus its 1001 in there.
15thRegionCheer Wrote:Much to small of a gym to hold that many ppl and plus its 1001 in there.
Seldom does it ever get as bad as it was Tue. night. but the other 4 nights have been and will be fine.
CheerVeteran Wrote:Well, if you would have seen the gym that I watched a district tournament game in tonight, you would certainly not be complaining about the capacities of Paintsville's gym. At Owsley Co., they have seating comparable to that of Johnson Central middle school....no,no....that's an overstatement... a tad bit smaller than that. I didn't hear one fan complain about the size, or not having the "perfect seat". The only comments I heard were about how great of an atmosphere it was for the fans, the cheerleaders, and the players. The 57th district is always exciting, regardless of what gym it's in. If you can't make it to the game on time, and if while there all you are going to do is complain about how horrible the gym is, I don't see that it would be worth your while to even attend the games. Leave it to those who can just enjoy watching some good, exciting basketball regardless of the venue!
two great games tonight seating wasnt that bad but it was hot cause there was alot of people there but i will still complain its in my nature to complain about things
The Fan Wrote:two great games tonight seating wasnt that bad but it was hot cause there was alot of people there but i will still complain its in my nature to complain about things

I will respect you for being honest, and readily admitting that about yourself! HaHaHa!Smile
I just want to say that Paintsville gym is very small but come tourney time I LOVED playing in that gym. The atmosphere is incredible as a player, I understand now that as a spectator I am not as strong of a proponent of this gym holding the district tourney. I am glad to hear that the other nights were not as bad as Tues. They may need to look at building a new gym since they have 5 years or so before we complain again. At least they can't host the regions anymore, now that was a nightmare.
All schools in a given district must Unanimously approve the district site selections, according to KHSAA rules.
Sounds like if anyone has a gripe, they should take it to their own administration for approving the host site.
whos your momma Wrote:I just want to say that Paintsville gym is very small but come tourney time I LOVED playing in that gym. The atmosphere is incredible as a player, I understand now that as a spectator I am not as strong of a proponent of this gym holding the district tourney. I am glad to hear that the other nights were not as bad as Tues. They may need to look at building a new gym since they have 5 years or so before we complain again. At least they can't host the regions anymore, now that was a nightmare.

As I said earlier in another thread about this exact same topic, if someone wants to donate a couple million or so to the Paintsville school system, I'm sure that they would be more than happy to oblige any request for a new gym. They unfortunately just do not have the kind of money that it requires to undertake a project of that magnitude at this time.
The Guru Wrote:Youi gotta be kidding me!!
They need to tell people that they should sit??? Coming from a school that sales season tickets to their fans, right in the middle of visitor seating???? no way you all have any right to say anything about anyone elses gym's or practices!

Well it's my turn to put my two cents in. First off, the reserved seats at Magoffin County are for the Magoffin County fans. These seats are first sold to season ticket holders. If all of the seats are not sold, then those seats are sold to whomever, on a first come first serve basis per game. If you don't like setting with the fans from Magoffin, then don't buy reserved seats.

Having said that, I didn't think the seating Tuesday night, was as bad as Monday night. People were setting on top of one another Monday night. I for one was just happyBig Grin to be there. I got to enjoy two good games of basketball. Some people can't remember what it was like in some of the old gyms during district and regional tournaments. It was far worse than this tournament. As far as the heat index in the gym goes, this is done by there being so many fans in one place exhausting so much hot air and the fact that coaches, as well as, players don't like cool gyms. It is harder to play in a gym that is cool than one that is warm or even hot. This is why air conditioning is not turned on. If you people don't like the seating at any of the games, just stay at home and have some cheese to go with your whine. Smile
So someone actually came up to you and told you that you HAD to leave? Or did you just get bent out of shape and left because you couldn't sit where you wanted to?
Batpuff Wrote:No I wont get over it and yes they were forced to leave me being one of them. Heck you couldnt even watch the game for all the people coming in and standing right in your way on the floor, and when you asked them nice to move and they dont. So I am far from getting over it. It was my hard earned money that I spent to watch all these kids play and only got to watch one game.

So someone actually came up to you and told you that you HAD to leave? Or did you just get bent out of shape and left because you couldn't sit where you wanted to?
Gatortater Wrote:So someone actually came up to you and told you that you HAD to leave? Or did you just get bent out of shape and left because you couldn't sit where you wanted to?
I saw Batpuff last night. My LC buddy pointed him out. I wouldn't want to be the guy to tell him to leave.Smile