Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville's gym
I was just wanting to know if anyone can tell me why Paintsville was allowed to host the district tournament?
1) There is definitley not enough seating in the place to host an event like this

2) IMO, they did a horrible job handling the crowd last night. It isnt right that the Sheldon Clark or Magoffin Co. fans would not be allowed in after making the drive while Johnson Central and Paintsville fans take up all the seating.

I hope that they are never allowed to host another large event like this!
Great post Pink Flamingo and I totally agree! There is not enough seating in that gym. I went outside at half time of the game and there were Sheldon Clark and Magoffin Co fans outside that could not get in to watch their teams play. That is ridiculous.
Why are they allowed to host? I think that answer is pretty simple, they are one of five teams in the 57th district. As for fans of Magoffin or Sheldon Clark not getting in, the Fire Marshall stopped allowing people to enter during the first quarter of the Magoffin County/Sheldon Clark game, so those fans were late anyway.

I get so tired of people running down our gym. Johnson Central has the biggest facility of the five schools, but yet you may have to walk a half mile to get there. Magoffin County has less parking that Paintsville, Sheldon Clarks gym hasn't been maintained in or cleaned in 35 years, plus there parking is terrible. Lawrence County may have the best set-up of the five as far a gyms go, but their gym doesn't seat near as many as JCHS, maybe not more than 300 or 400 more than Paintsville.

While on the supject, Paintsville and JCHS fans didn't take up all the room. Magoffin County had a huge crowd. As a matter of fact, 90% of the PHS cheer section didn't get in until after the girls game was over.....so don't give me that crap about JCHS and PHS having all the seats.

And FYI, both schools were asked to begin the girls game at 6:00 PM rather than 6:30 and Sheldon Clark said no. I guess maybe they couldn't drive the 20 miles from Inez and get there by 5:00 or 5:15. If they had agreed, just as PHS and JCHS have agreed on tonights game, there would have been less confusion.

I will agree with you on the fact that our gym is small. But it's our gym and that means when we host the district tournament, that's where it's played. You won't have to worry about it for five more years, so relax and enjoy baseball season. You can bring your owb chair and sit any place you want.
Yes its sad when you cant get in to see your own team play, But if you did you were forced to leave and not even see the other game. That is so so so sad.

And as far as being late not everyone can get off work in time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:Yes its sad when you cant get in to see your own team play, But if you did you were forced to leave and not even see the other game. That is so so so sad.

And as far as being late not everyone can get off work in time.
i agree i know of acouple that didnt get off work till 6:00 then drove straight over there didnt get in and they were people already sitting there when they opened the doors not alot but the first 4-5 rows
Quote:Lawrence County may have the best set-up of the five as far a gyms go, but their gym doesn't seat near as many as JCHS, maybe not more than 300 or 400 more than Paintsville.

Well I do know LC will have the best gym in the area after this year. They are putting down a new hardwood floor along with new lower area seating.

And thats 300 or 400 more that would have gotten in with out a problem.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Maybe that is 300 or 400 more hundred that would have gotten in without a problem......but people would still ***** and moan, just like your comment that people were forced to leave and not see the next game. NO ONE was forced to leave.

We're members of the 57th district and that means we get to host the tournament once every five years...........get over it.
Youngerthandirt Wrote:Maybe that is 300 or 400 more hundred that would have gotten in without a problem......but people would still ***** and moan, just like your comment that people were forced to leave and not see the next game. NO ONE was forced to leave.

We're members of the 57th district and that means we get to host the tournament once every five years...........get over it.

No I wont get over it and yes they were forced to leave me being one of them. Heck you couldnt even watch the game for all the people coming in and standing right in your way on the floor, and when you asked them nice to move and they dont. So I am far from getting over it. It was my hard earned money that I spent to watch all these kids play and only got to watch one game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pink Flamingo Wrote:I was just wanting to know if anyone can tell me why Paintsville was allowed to host the district tournament?
1) There is definitley not enough seating in the place to host an event like this

2) IMO, they did a horrible job handling the crowd last night. It isnt right that the Sheldon Clark or Magoffin Co. fans would not be allowed in after making the drive while Johnson Central and Paintsville fans take up all the seating.

I hope that they are never allowed to host another large event like this!

Yea I agree,there too small
BOO WHO!!!!

:baby:
Youngerthandirt Wrote:Magoffin County has less parking that Paintsville

There's no way that is true.
gettheball Wrote:BOO WHO!!!!

:argue: Yea thats what happens when you go up there you get the shaft one way or the other.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
gettheball Wrote:BOO WHO!!!!

If you cant take any criticism, then you dont need to be posting on here.
If Paintsvill is going to be allowed to host a hge event like this then they need to due it different. They should of had seperate sessions for the games. Pay five dollars to get in the Sc-MC game, make everyone leave after the game, and if they want to come back in get in line and pay again.
Youngerthandirt Wrote:Magoffin County has less parking that Paintsville

Maybe P-ville is hiding a secret parking lot somewhere b/c there is no way this is true.
Alot of the fans were upset because of what Paintsville did with the seats.. i think there should be a certain amount of people on each side... they should have said if your for so and so sit in this section and the other site in the other section b/c it's not right to drive all the way over there for nothing.. It was unsportsman like to save seats and go on so Magoffins fans couldn't sit.. but we'll see what happens thursday..
why Didnt They Trat This District Game Like They Did Regionals Last Year, And How We Treat Our 60th District Tournament Here In Pike County. Each School Get A Certain Amount Of Tickets That They Can Sell. And If U Do Not Buy A Ticket Before They Are Sold Out I Guess You Will Be Watching It On Wymt! That Way One School Could Not Take Up All The Seating And If Someone Is In Ur Seat They Have To Get Up!
jmo Though!
As far as Magoffin County not having enough seats... Were you even there? They had the ENTIRE side of the gym. Granted, Sheldon Clark had to share their seats with the Johnson Central fans that arrived early. And further more, why complain about having to leave. You saw your game didn't you? Was it not our turn to come in the gym and watch our game? Granted, the planning may have been bad BUT it is OUR gym. This is the same gym that has produced several 57th district championship teams, Mr. Basketball's and a state championship team. Maybe when your gym builds that kind of history, you can complain.
hornet_gurl Wrote:Alot of the fans were upset because of what Paintsville did with the seats.. i think there should be a certain amount of people on each side... they should have said if your for so and so sit in this section and the other site in the other section b/c it's not right to drive all the way over there for nothing.. It was unsportsman like to save seats and go on so Magoffins fans couldn't sit.. but we'll see what happens thursday..
What did they do with the seats?:confused:
First off, there should be NO Magoffin County fans complainin about the seatin at someone else's gym after the way they do EVERY opposing teams fans at MC. Second, anyone who doesn't like it, don't come to the game.

Maybe Paintsville should have a live feed of the game in the library and Tiger Alley for the fans who can't get in the gym, they did that for the Rose Hill game my senior year and had ZERO complaints.
O puh-lease get over it..
Redneck Wrote:First off, there should be NO Magoffin County fans complainin about the seatin at someone else's gym after the way they do EVERY opposing teams fans at MC. Second, anyone who doesn't like it, don't come to the game.

Maybe Paintsville should have a live feed of the game in the library and Tiger Alley for the fans who can't get in the gym, they did that for the Rose Hill game my senior year and had ZERO complaints.
that is a good idea..
I_bleed_royal_BLUE Wrote:This is the same gym that has produced several 57th district championship teams, Mr. Basketball's and a state championship team. Maybe when your gym builds that kind of history, you can complain.

What exactley does that have to do with seating in a gym?? Well i will go ahead and answer it for you, it has nothing to do with the subject.
I for one just think it's sad that with all the tradition, and all of the great talent that has came through that basketball program over the years, that they do not get a new gym built.
it would be 4,000 degrees in there tonight
.houshmandzadeh. Wrote:it would be 4,000 degrees in there tonight
you must have gotten a seat where there was a breeze
Well, if you would have seen the gym that I watched a district tournament game in tonight, you would certainly not be complaining about the capacities of Paintsville's gym. At Owsley Co., they have seating comparable to that of Johnson Central middle school....no,no....that's an overstatement... a tad bit smaller than that. I didn't hear one fan complain about the size, or not having the "perfect seat". The only comments I heard were about how great of an atmosphere it was for the fans, the cheerleaders, and the players. The 57th district is always exciting, regardless of what gym it's in. If you can't make it to the game on time, and if while there all you are going to do is complain about how horrible the gym is, I don't see that it would be worth your while to even attend the games. Leave it to those who can just enjoy watching some good, exciting basketball regardless of the venue!
mcfan1 Wrote:I for one just think it's sad that with all the tradition, and all of the great talent that has came through that basketball program over the years, that they do not get a new gym built.

Donate a million, and I'm sure that they would be happy to oblige you!.....Paintsville doesn't have that kind of money, I'm sorry.
hornet_gurl Wrote:Alot of the fans were upset because of what Paintsville did with the seats.. i think there should be a certain amount of people on each side... they should have said if your for so and so sit in this section and the other site in the other section b/c it's not right to drive all the way over there for nothing.. It was unsportsman like to save seats and go on so Magoffins fans couldn't sit.. but we'll see what happens thursday..
Youi gotta be kidding me!!
They need to tell people that they should sit??? Coming from a school that sales season tickets to their fans, right in the middle of visitor seating???? no way you all have any right to say anything about anyone elses gym's or practices!
CheerVeteran Wrote:Well, if you would have seen the gym that I watched a district tournament game in tonight, you would certainly not be complaining about the capacities of Paintsville's gym. At Owsley Co., they have seating comparable to that of Johnson Central middle school....no,no....that's an overstatement... a tad bit smaller than that. I didn't hear one fan complain about the size, or not having the "perfect seat". The only comments I heard were about how great of an atmosphere it was for the fans, the cheerleaders, and the players. The 57th district is always exciting, regardless of what gym it's in. If you can't make it to the game on time, and if while there all you are going to do is complain about how horrible the gym is, I don't see that it would be worth your while to even attend the games. Leave it to those who can just enjoy watching some good, exciting basketball regardless of the venue!
Great post!!
Did anyone have trouble with seating tonight??? no...there was plenty! Tue. nights problems happens once every 5-6 years!