Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Whitley
14.81%
Corbin
85.19%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @ Whitley 8-19-17
I think this game will be closer than many think. Whitleys district could come down to a 3 way tie for first this year.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:In all fairness, everyone looks fast when they go untouched. Those long runs last season had less to do with speed and more to do with the fact that belfry was pulling a Louisville commit and a Kentucky commit through the hole. Those "speedsters" Belfry had on offense got torched deep for about three touchdowns on defense. One was called back but it still doesn't take away the fact the the corners, one which is supposed to be the fastest man east of somerset got burnt.

Well you will be surprised when you see our line other than giving up a couple of inches in height there about the same size and Moore burnt our safety deep because our safety was 5'9 that won't happen this year and Moore cought a pass in the in zone on Hunter that play we have your QB a day to stand back there and throw that won't happen again we'll show ya
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Well you will be surprised when you see our line other than giving up a couple of inches in height there about the same size and Moore burnt our safety deep because our safety was 5'9 that won't happen this year and Moore cought a pass in the in zone on Hunter that play we have your QB a day to stand back there and throw that won't happen again we'll show ya

of course it will happen again. lol
Hounds by 16
I wish I could get down there to watch this one I think it will be much better this year
Corbin 56
Whitley Co 18
BellCo18 Wrote:Corbin 56
Whitley Co 18

^Confusednicker:
Hopefully, Whitley forfeits if they start getting beat up too bad. Maybe they will get lucky and the referee will step in and stop it if they don't throw the towel in .
Whitley will give them all they want early. Afraid it may come into a numbers and depth chart game late. I say Whitley has a shot at the end though. Corbin by 7-10.
Football_Maniac Wrote:Whitley will give them all they want early. Afraid it may come into a numbers and depth chart game late. I say Whitley has a shot at the end though. Corbin by 7-10.

it's pretty sad that Corbin could have more on the depth chart.
There are a couple factors that makes me see this game going one way, Corbin's defense is amazing and doesn't hesitate to come up and lower the boom, and the second is the fact that Whitley can't slow down Corbin's passing game or there fresh legs in backfield. Corbin puts running clock on by the half.
Corbin 35
Whitley 21
Looking for whitley to upset corbin in this one.
I think that it's going to be a lot closer than people think with it bring a rivalry game by in the end I think Corbin will win
This could be Corbin's year, Corbin 40 Whitley 12
Corbin - 38

Whitley County - 21
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:There are a couple factors that makes me see this game going one way, Corbin's defense is amazing and doesn't hesitate to come up and lower the boom, and the second is the fact that Whitley can't slow down Corbin's passing game or there fresh legs in backfield. Corbin puts running clock on by the half.

I'm not sure if Whitley County is able to move the ball consistently against Corbin yet, but saying their defense is amazing is a stretch Confusednicker: . another one talking out the wrong end .
Pjdoug I can promise I am not talking out wrong end, I know it says that was my first post and I lost all my info to my old account but me and you have went round and round in the past and when it comes to Corbin and Whitley I am right. I proved it time and time again. Running clock by the half, Corbin defense limits Whitley and Corbin scores 3 out of every 4 offensive possessions. I will be setting on my tailgate in the middle school parking lot. Burgundy Ram 2500, you can come by and tell me I am right anytime you want to, and if you don't I will remind you on here��
Corbin 36 Whitley 20
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:There are a couple factors that makes me see this game going one way, Corbin's defense is amazing and doesn't hesitate to come up and lower the boom, and the second is the fact that Whitley can't slow down Corbin's passing game or there fresh legs in backfield. Corbin puts running clock on by the half.

If Corbin puts on a running clock by the half, then its going to be a long year at the County and an even longer coaching search Confusednicker:

Whitley County 49
Corbin 10
Maybe I am wrong, nah running clock at the half. Whitley held under ten until Jv defense comes in. Chappell gets a housewarming present from Haddix and Greer. Lol
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Pjdoug I can promise I am not talking out wrong end, I know it says that was my first post and I lost all my info to my old account but me and you have went round and round in the past and when it comes to Corbin and Whitley I am right. I proved it time and time again. Running clock by the half, Corbin defense limits Whitley and Corbin scores 3 out of every 4 offensive possessions. I will be setting on my tailgate in the middle school parking lot. Burgundy Ram 2500, you can come by and tell me I am right anytime you want to, and if you don't I will remind you on here��

You can't promise that ,because you do have diarrhea of the mouth. I said I don't know if Whitley can move the ball consistently, but ask Belfry how Awesome Corbin's defense is. They'll likely let the air out of you again.
adopted purple Wrote:Whitley County 49
Corbin 10

:High5:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If Corbin puts on a running clock by the half, then its going to be a long year at the County and an even longer coaching search Confusednicker:

They would need a coaching search if that happens, but I don't think it will :biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:You can't promise that ,because you do have diarrhea of the mouth. I said I don't know if Whitley can move the ball consistently, but ask Belfry how Awesome Corbin's defense is. They'll likely let the air out of you again.

Man you die hard County fans are now comparing Whitley to a Belfry. I hope with a staement like that you have a different team than what played a down Pulaski team. I love Dylan Wilson on and off the field but he has no support other than Rose. Sorry if your butt hurt again this yr pjdoug
Also pjdoug you can throw a 5 time straight and maybe a 6 time straight state champion in my face all day long, but at the end of the day I can say we got there and wasn't a one and done the past five and yes six yrs. That's if you can pull off a win over a Harlan county team and North or else no playoffs for you at all. Yes Belfry got us last year but for three quarters we did give them all they wanted, but the better team won I am not denying that. Quality programs with rich traditions get there but champions find a way to win, last year we wasn't meant to be champions. Hats off to Belfry they have an outstanding program with a rich heritage of winning football, but don't throw off on corbin like Whitley is even within a decade of them. Lol
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Man you die hard County fans are now comparing Whitley to a Belfry. I hope with a staement like that you have a different team than what played a down Pulaski team. I love Dylan Wilson on and off the field but he has no support other than Rose. Sorry if your butt hurt again this yr pjdoug

Let's not forget the silence of Corbin fans from 1990 until Haddix got here Confusednicker:

Most people on here weren't born the last time Corbin brought home a title
I hope Corbin does this year but I don't think they're running clock on Whitley at the half good.
That defense lost a lot last year
adopted purple Wrote:Whitley County 49
Corbin 10

If that happens, expect the earths gravitational to slowly come to a halt before flinging us all in outer space unable to discuss the ramifications from it Confusednicker:
First game of the year a lot of things will happen but Corbin wins this one 36-14.