Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Whitley
14.81%
Corbin
85.19%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @ Whitley 8-19-17
Since the week 0 pickem is up why not start up with matchups? Who ya got? It's about GO Time!
Big Game for both teams. Whitley returns quite a few players but the Redhounds are still gonna be too much for them to handle..... Corbin 42-14!
Colonels in a rout .
Hounds BIG, Mark it down you heard it right here....Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
With this being a "rival game" I look for Whitley to hang around in the first half, only to get ran off the field in the second half. This is the year of the Redhounds, in my opinion and the road to Kroger Field starts next week. Corbin wins by 4+ tds. Good luck to the Redhounds and Coach Haddix.
I think this one will be much closer than people think, but still think Corbin will pull it out.

Corbin 35
Whitley 27
I don't think Whitley stays within 4 scores of the hounds. 49-14 hounds. One of those scores for Whitley comes against the JV defense.
^ Maybe they shouldn't even play the game Confusednicker:
Running Clock by the start of the 4th quarter. JP are you taking the short bus to the game again this year?
Corbin offense is way ahead of last year team at this same time. :truestory: With that said Corbin in a running clock. :Cheerlead

Corbin 56
Whitley County 14
insideinfo Wrote:Running Clock by the start of the 4th quarter. JP are you taking the short bus to the game again this year?

CS are you in front of the train?
64SUR Wrote:Corbin offense is way ahead of last year team at this same time. :truestory: With that said Corbin in a running clock. :Cheerlead

Corbin 56
Whitley County 14

You never say anything about the defense :biggrin:
pjdoug Wrote:You never say anything about the defense :biggrin:

56-14 score should tell you something about Corbin defense on Whitley home field pjdoug :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall:
corbin win 24-14
64SUR Wrote:56-14 score should tell you something about Corbin defense on Whitley home field pjdoug :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall:

Your prediction tells me nothing about the defense. Show me your prediction for the last game they played and see how it matched up to the actual score.

I wonder about the defense this year too. Who is going to be the new starters on the def side? It seems like Corbin lost 6 or 7 starters on defense and a few of them wont be easily replaced.

They kept Wilson under control last year because the line couldnt keep the corbin def line out of the backfield long enough to find his receivers. If he has time, he will cause some problems this year and make it a close game.
The Outsider Wrote:I wonder about the defense this year too. Who is going to be the new starters on the def side? It seems like Corbin lost 6 or 7 starters on defense and a few of them wont be easily replaced.

They kept Wilson under control last year because the line couldnt keep the corbin def line out of the backfield long enough to find his receivers. If he has time, he will cause some problems this year and make it a close game.

Well said. Wilson has improved a lot since last year, but will the line give him time? that is yet to be seen .
The defense is no doubt a bit of a question mark. I've seen enough in practice and the inter squad scrimmage to think that it will be every bit as good as last year. I think they'll hold Whitley to a touchdown or less.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:The defense is no doubt a bit of a question mark. I've seen enough in practice and the inter squad scrimmage to think that it will be every bit as good as last year. I think they'll hold Whitley to a touchdown or less.

They better be as good defensively as last year if they hold the Colonels to 7.
With over 20 seniors and an experienced line and veteran QB, Whitley shouldn't have a running clock put on them.
If they do, something's bad wrong with the play calling.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:With over 20 seniors and an experienced line and veteran QB, Whitley shouldn't have a running clock put on them.
If they do, something's bad wrong with the play calling.

I agree.
I never call the score or a pick a winner in the threads on here. I'm a jinx. But I know WHO I'd like to see in an upset win early in the season.
I'll tell this on the defense side of the ball Corbin's strength was the defensive line so the question will be can they replace the d-line and get the same amount of play out of the new kids if they can they will be pretty good on defense if they can't and they allow the offense to get good looks down the field then you can put some points on them I don't know how good there defense backs can cover because we don't throw the ball but I do know they wasn't real fast once we got to the second level it was off to the races so it will depend on the d- line
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I'll tell this on the defense side of the ball Corbin's strength was the defensive line so the question will be can they replace the d-line and get the same amount of play out of the new kids if they can they will be pretty good on defense if they can't and they allow the offense to get good looks down the field then you can put some points on them I don't know how good there defense backs can cover because we don't throw the ball but I do know they wasn't real fast once we got to the second level it was off to the races so it will depend on the d- line

Those defensive players must have gained some speed because they looked pretty fast while beating teams such as Belfry in all relay races at the state track meet.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Those defensive players must have gained some speed because they looked pretty fast while beating teams such as Belfry in all relay races at the state track meet.

Well they looked pretty slow as we were running by them last year not all of our football guys runs track if they did you wouldn't have beat them

There you go - I have noticed for 35 years defense win games! I put my money where my mouth was on this one and bet $$$ on Whitley!

:redboxer:
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:I'll tell this on the defense side of the ball Corbin's strength was the defensive line so the question will be can they replace the d-line and get the same amount of play out of the new kids if they can they will be pretty good on defense if they can't and they allow the offense to get good looks down the field then you can put some points on them I don't know how good there defense backs can cover because we don't throw the ball but I do know they wasn't real fast once we got to the second level it was off to the races so it will depend on the d- line

The key for Whitley County will be the running game. if they can establish the run early Wilson can be dangerous throwing the ball. if not the hounds will pinning their ears back, and making him run for his life .
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Those defensive players must have gained some speed because they looked pretty fast while beating teams such as Belfry in all relay races at the state track meet.

They didn't look anything like track stars chasing the Belfry running backs in the 2nd half.
Tight End Wrote:There you go - I have noticed for 35 years defense win games! I put my money where my mouth was on this one and bet $$$ on Whitley!

:redboxer:

defense does win games for sure. I can't believe you'd bet on Whitley. sarcasm? Confusednicker:
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Well they looked pretty slow as we were running by them last year not all of our football guys runs track if they did you wouldn't have beat them

In all fairness, everyone looks fast when they go untouched. Those long runs last season had less to do with speed and more to do with the fact that belfry was pulling a Louisville commit and a Kentucky commit through the hole. Those "speedsters" Belfry had on offense got torched deep for about three touchdowns on defense. One was called back but it still doesn't take away the fact the the corners, one which is supposed to be the fastest man east of somerset got burnt.