Poll: Do you think the UK basketball program needs to go in a new direction?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
63.64%
No
20.45%
Wait until the season is over
15.91%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want Tubby out threads...here
alfus21 Wrote:I never said he was the best coach in America, and if I did go find it.

Also, as I have said to you multiple times now. It's nearly impossible to find a positive first for Tubby at UK since nearly everything was accomplished when he got here. Heck, it was all done before Pitino even got here. You would be hard pressed to make a list with anything about Pitino and positive firsts at UK.
lol that is funny. We was on probation when Pitino got here. Are you Serious?
These threads always wind up being hilarious.

<:mad:>

First, Patterson and Lucas may or may not come, that's a stone cold fact. Either they come to UK or they don't. Let's see you argue that one.

Second, It makes no sense argue that if they were coming to UK they would have already signed. OK then, if Patterson was going to Florida, he would have already signed. If he was going to Duke, he would have already signed. If Lucas was going to Maryland, OK, etc, etc, he would have already signed.

Third, Tubby may not be the best coach and he may not be the best recruiter. However, he did snag 3 McDonald AA's a few years back, remember them? I bet the same people cursing their names to this day were jumping for joy back then. Tubby is also in the process of recruiting 2 more McD's AA's this year. But be careful, they may not turn out to be what everyone expects. I personally don't think that wll turn out to be the case though.

Over the years, Tubby has slowly been pressured into going after the big time recruits, and he got them in Rondo, Morris, and Crawford. (Obviously, they've not turned out to be everything we had hoped and dreamed.) He goes out the next year and grabs a backup 7 footer, who due to injury, hasn't panned out to be much... yet. Adam Williams was in the Rondo/Bradley/Morris/Crawford class, but prepped a year to allow a scholarship to come open. His time at UK was doomed from the beginning. These were players to compliment the McD's AA's as I see it.

But this year, Tubby returned to his roots and got players with raw talent, with a high basketball IQ. Hard nosed players willing to listen to their coach. Porter, Stevenson, Jasper and ESPECIALLY Meeks will be huge for this team in the coming years. If you don't believe me, come back 3 years from now and tell me.

Finally, back to Patterson. It's been said numerous times he wouldn't come to UK if Tubby were here, that Tubby can't recruit. Well, turns out Tubby is the reason Patterson is interested in UK. If Tubby goes, might as well say goodbye to Patterson too. (And btw, check out the names that have UK on their list for 08.) I'll leave you with this quote from the LHL:

" Heralded prospect Patrick Patterson, one of the most highly coveted recruits in UK basketball history, told the Herald-Leader that Smith was the "main reason" he was considering Kentucky. If UK were to dismiss Smith as coach, "I'd be very disappointed," Patterson said. "It'd affect my decision."
Asked whether he'd scratch UK from his list of six schools, Patterson said, "Probably." "

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/spo...791626.htm

</:mad:>
Arbys Man Wrote:lol that is funny. We was on probation when Pitino got here. Are you Serious?

What are you talking about? I never said he didn't do anything that wasn't amazing, but that it would be hard to name positive firsts at UK for Pitino because everything had been accomplished already when he got here. Same as Tubby. Try to keep up.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I was told two days ago that a small group of former UK player were asking to meet with the president and AD concerning a possible buyout. This was told to me by a fairly reliable source, I wonder if those player asked for input on the hiring of a coach if Tubby were to leave.
i agree with alfus21
alfus21 Wrote:I thought this was known last week that someone stepped forward to donate big money? Either way you're still going to have more big boosters supporting Tubby such as Joe Craft and the people at courtside Wednesday night holding a "We Love Tubby" sign.
I dont see how there can still be Tubby fans when he is tearing apart the most storied program in the nation.
If you put in a lot of hard work to help build what was once the best basketball program in America, to see it fall to a steady decline, I sure hope that they would have some kind of input.
alfus21 Wrote:What are you talking about? I never said he didn't do anything that wasn't amazing, but that it would be hard to name positive firsts at UK for Pitino because everything had been accomplished already when he got here. Same as Tubby. Try to keep up.
So your saying Pitino didnt have nothing to do with UK being the team of the 90's and making it to 3 national championships...UK wasent nothing until the 90's. UCLA was good in the 60's but that isnt the reason there good this season.
Arbys Man Wrote:So your saying Pitino didnt have nothing to do with UK being the team of the 90's and making it to 3 national championships...UK wasent nothing until the 90's. UCLA was good in the 60's but that isnt the reason there good this season.

Man, I'm sorry but I honestly have no clue what you're talking about. I just said it would be hard to find a list of "Positive FIRSTS" done when Pitino got here along with Tubby Smith. By saying that I meant that everything that could be accomplished had already been done by the time Pitino took over.

The fact that you said "UK wasn't nothing until the 90's" is absolutely ridiculous, and takes away from the rest of what you say.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I just don't see them releasing Tubby this year, I think the AD will give him time to rebuild the program.
Old School Wrote:I just don't see them releasing Tubby this year, I think the AD will give him time to rebuild the program.

Give him time. He has had since 1999 to build the program. And all he has done was recruit sub par players just so they wouldnt jump ship and instead they just transfer to other schools or leave all together.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
[Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/ima.../icon1.gif] I want Tubby out threads. EVERYONE READ !!!!!
Ok I will be the first to say that I want Tubby out at UK. But you cant even read through the College threads for all the UK crap and its the same thing over and over again.

So from now on if you want to post about the current problem with UK post them in here even if its a new article it goes in here. If you dont put it in here it will be closed and moved.

Also all the other threads will be moved to in here as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Old School Wrote:I just don't see them releasing Tubby this year, I think the AD will give him time to rebuild the program.

Didn't Tubby take over when "the program" was on top of the college basketball world...thanx to Pitino? If one has to rebuild, just who do you think the coach was that causesd them to have to rebuild. Since Tubby isthe cause of the decline, just how do you think he's got the know-how to rebuild?

The entire Commonwealth's had enough of TubbyBall. No doubtTubby's a good guy, but so was Bill Curry. Tubby has to go.....plain and simple.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Major NCAA or SEC violations
Intentional failure to follow Athletics Department of University policies
Acts of intentional misconduct including felony or violation of NCAA/SEC rules
Refusal to share information relating to possible violations
Refusal to participate in investigations of violations
Involvement in academic fraud
Involvement in providing extra benefits to athletes/recruits
Falsifying information
Participation or communication regarding intercollegiate gambling

I was reading on another UK chat site where the 'infamous Morris fax' just may bite Tubby in the butt if he refuses to step down at the insistance of Todd and Barnhart. The next to the last thing listed in the above contract says Tubby can be removed for 'Falsifying Information'. Just how much of the 'Morris fax' story was true and how much was not true? Like I said, this was just talk, but it sure makes one wonder. Barnie and Toddie may have some leverage if they really want Tub out withouth having to pay the $9 million for a buyout. The only problem is UK may be put on probabation by the NCAA if any of the Morris fax story is untrue. Would a year of probation be worth $9 million??
Funny tidbit from 'The Nashville Scene'......

Inconvenient Truth Award: For evidence of global warming, Al Gore need look no further than the asses of Kentucky's Tubby Smith and Alabama's Mark Gottfried. For years, Smith has been guilty of Coaching While Black (another inconvenient truth in the Bluegrass), but this year "Ten-Loss Tubby" deserves the heat. Unless divine intervention puts the Cats in the Final Four, look for moving vans to roll in March.
I would coach for UK for a tenth of what Tubby is making.

Any volunteers to be my references for application?

I think UK basketball need to take a huge turn i love watching UK when they were good but Tubby has ran the UK basketball program into the ground i am sorry for people who disagree with me but thats my opinion
ZMG Wrote:These threads always wind up being hilarious.

<:mad:>

First, Patterson and Lucas may or may not come, that's a stone cold fact. Either they come to UK or they don't. Let's see you argue that one.

Second, It makes no sense argue that if they were coming to UK they would have already signed. OK then, if Patterson was going to Florida, he would have already signed. If he was going to Duke, he would have already signed. If Lucas was going to Maryland, OK, etc, etc, he would have already signed.

Third, Tubby may not be the best coach and he may not be the best recruiter. However, he did snag 3 McDonald AA's a few years back, remember them? I bet the same people cursing their names to this day were jumping for joy back then. Tubby is also in the process of recruiting 2 more McD's AA's this year. But be careful, they may not turn out to be what everyone expects. I personally don't think that wll turn out to be the case though.

Over the years, Tubby has slowly been pressured into going after the big time recruits, and he got them in Rondo, Morris, and Crawford. (Obviously, they've not turned out to be everything we had hoped and dreamed.) He goes out the next year and grabs a backup 7 footer, who due to injury, hasn't panned out to be much... yet. Adam Williams was in the Rondo/Bradley/Morris/Crawford class, but prepped a year to allow a scholarship to come open. His time at UK was doomed from the beginning. These were players to compliment the McD's AA's as I see it.

But this year, Tubby returned to his roots and got players with raw talent, with a high basketball IQ. Hard nosed players willing to listen to their coach. Porter, Stevenson, Jasper and ESPECIALLY Meeks will be huge for this team in the coming years. If you don't believe me, come back 3 years from now and tell me.

Finally, back to Patterson. It's been said numerous times he wouldn't come to UK if Tubby were here, that Tubby can't recruit. Well, turns out Tubby is the reason Patterson is interested in UK. If Tubby goes, might as well say goodbye to Patterson too. (And btw, check out the names that have UK on their list for 08.) I'll leave you with this quote from the LHL:

" Heralded prospect Patrick Patterson, one of the most highly coveted recruits in UK basketball history, told the Herald-Leader that Smith was the "main reason" he was considering Kentucky. If UK were to dismiss Smith as coach, "I'd be very disappointed," Patterson said. "It'd affect my decision."
Asked whether he'd scratch UK from his list of six schools, Patterson said, "Probably." "

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/spo...791626.htm

</:mad:>

I thought this was a spectacular post
thetribe Wrote:I would coach for UK for a tenth of what Tubby is making.

Any volunteers to be my references for application?

Ha. I got your back tribe.
A friend of mine from FLA told me that Billys contract forbids him from talking to any SEC school EXCEPT KY.And he has been hearing that Florida is about to come down with some recruiting violations.
Thats right, Tubby is horrible and needs to leave
in my opinion, and it don't mean much, but.. Jasper, Meeks, and Stevenson, are probably the best thing that has happened to KY in a while.. I think tubby is a good coach, however, i think he needs to change his plans in order to be able to keep up with the growing field of talent.. He isn't going to pull in a superstar as long as the fans keep talking about him the way they do.. Not to mention, the recruits can go to another school, and play in a system where you can score more than 60 points in a game, and play at a faster pace.. Right now i think Ky is getting recruits because of it's history.. not the coach..

Basically all star players want to go to the NBA, and they want to go to a school that gets coverage. Ky still gets some coverage, but not like it used to.

Tubby is a pretty good coach but he really really needs to change his scheme... that's my opinion
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
corndog2Sil3 Wrote:Naw, ill get in trouble, but this is silly. Too many threads with the same topic already. It really makes the site look silly.

Silly? Have you looked at any other sites around the net?
Sites completely devoted to "get rid of Tubby" information
and the like? Perhaps we could discuss Russian ballet
dancers? Would that be "not silly" enough for you? Why
not allow people to discuss what they want without
editorial commentary as long as they stay within the
rules?
why was this thread moved? just curious..
All combined into one to make the college forum easier to read.
I want to go on record as opposing the combining of the Tubby threads. Makes this a 'lame board'. The 'other board' wouldn't even do something as silly as this. At least they let you have as many 'Tubby topics' as needed to make a point.....and I thought this one would be different. Guess not. Like the old saying, you get what you pay for.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:I want to go on record as opposing the combining of the Tubby threads. Makes this a 'lame board'. The 'other board' wouldn't even do something as silly as this. At least they let you have as many 'Tubby topics' as needed to make a point.....and I thought this one would be different. Guess not. Like the old saying, you get what you pay for.

We DO NOT make direct comparisons to any other web site out there. The issue is being discussed and we will handle it as we see fit.

As for the get what you pay for comment there was absolutely no need to take a jab at a site that offers what it does free of charge.

Many out there do not realize how much time, effort and money is put into this site. Factor all of that in with the fact that none of the staff gets paid. They do all of this for free to allow people to post about Kentucky sports. The sites owner pays all of the hosting costs out of his own pocket. This site is free for everone to join from 13-130 without having to pay a fee to post your opinion.

I want to take a minute and thank all of the staff for doing a good job with minimal pay and to the site owner a big kudos for allowing us to enjoy this site without having to pay a fee.
Can anyone guess what UK record Tubby now holds after today's game at Florida?
Only coach to lose to a team 6 straight times. I think you could have put it in the game thread instead of starting another thread on it.
firetubbyplease! Wrote:Can anyone guess what UK record Tubby now holds after today's game at Florida?
Worst Coach at UK ever?
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next