Poll: Do you think the UK basketball program needs to go in a new direction?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
63.64%
No
20.45%
Wait until the season is over
15.91%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want Tubby out threads...here
Tubby Smith's Contract <==== click the link to read.

If you're not interested in reading the entire thing, here's the general makeup of Tub's contract:

-He is contracted until April 3, 2011.
-If we reach the Final Four during that time it automatically extends to April 3, 2013
-He shall devote the time and attention needed to fulfill the duties of the coach.
-He is responsibile for the hiring/firing of all his personnel (subject to approval).
-He receives a base salary of $200,000 per year, paid monthly.
-The base salary will be increased annually in at least as much as the other employees.
-All exclusive radio, televion, and athletic/footwear endorsements are managed by the UK Athletics Association.
-Endorsement payments are as follows, from July 1 of one year to June 30 of the following:

2003-2004: 1.55 million
2004-2005: 1.625 million
2005-2006: 1.7 million
2006-2007: 1.775 million
2007-2008: 1.85 million
2008-2009: 1.925 million
2009-2010: 2.05 million
2010-2011: 2.175 million
2011-2012: 2.3 million (if extended)
2012-2013: 2.3 million (if extended)

These payments are due quarterly, on July 1, October 1, January 1, and April 1 of each year.

-He can conduct basketball camps with university facilities and keep the profits.
-If UK wins the SEC championship or qualified for the NCAA Tournament he received a $15,000 bonus that year.
-If UK participates in the Final Four he receives a bonus of $50,000 that year.
-If the GPA of the team is 3.0 and 90% of the team meet NCAA satisfactory progress he receives a bonus of $50,000 that year.
-He has access to two late-model automobiles for business and personal use.
-He has an expense account for all work related expenses/travel.
-He receives university health/medical benefits in accordance with other employees of his pay level.
-He receives twenty (20) prime, lower-level basketball tickets to all basketball games - home, away, and post season tournament.
-He receives eight (8) tickets to all homes football games.
-Additional tickets may be requested.
-The university contributes an amount equal to 10% of salary toward retirement.
-He receives one month of paid vacation each year.
-If contract is fulfilled by him until April 3, 2007 he receives a bonus of $1.5 million.
-If contract is fulfilled by him until April 3, 2011 he receives an additional bonus of $2.5 million.
-If the University discontinues participation of NCAA basketball he will continue being paid for the remainder of his contract.
-The University can terminate his employment without payment for the following causes:

Major NCAA or SEC violations
Intentional failure to follow Athletics Department of University policies
Acts of intentional misconduct including felony or violation of NCAA/SEC rules
Refusal to share information relating to possible violations
Refusal to participate in investigations of violations
Involvement in academic fraud
Involvement in providing extra benefits to athletes/recruits
Falsifying information
Participation or communication regarding intercollegiate gambling

-If he dies his family receives his pay and benefits for the remainder of the year.
-If he becomes diasbled he receives his full salary for the remainder of that year.
-If the University chooses to terminate the contract for any other reason he will receive $1 million per year for the remainder of the contract.

That last part as well as the bonuses are most important. Basically, if the University terminates his contract at the end of this season they will be out $4 million. If they keep him until the end of the contract they will be out $4 million in bonuses anyway.

For the record:

OTS will receive a $1.5 million bonus if he is retained through April 3, 2007.

The buyout calls for a $1 million payment to OTS for each season remaining on his contract. In other words, it would cost the UKAA $4 million at the end of the season to make a move.

Anybody for donations?? I'll pitch in a hundred.
Are you serious?? Another thread??
Don't tell me you're gonna lock this one too??

Surprisingly as it may be to you, there are UK fans, or any other fans out there, that may be interested in info like this. Don't get your panties in a wad every time I post something about Tubby, OK?
Naw, ill get in trouble, but this is silly. Too many threads with the same topic already. It really makes the site look silly.
I'll go ahead and say what every Tubby basher and Grassy Knoll will continue to say in this thread so they don't even have to say it.

"Blah blah blah, UK fans deserve better, blah blah he is getting paid this much for mediocrity, blah blah blah John Pelphrey, blah blah something about Pitino, blah blah no final fours since 98, blah blah more unrealistic expectations, blah blah blah time for change blah blah, nothing I'm saying means anything to the UK Athletic Dept. blah blah this is ridiculous and time for change, blah blah, blah blah, alfus you need to learn to understand Tubby sucks, blah blah."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
corndog23 Wrote:It really makes the site look silly.

You REALLY want to know what makes the site look silly?? ...............Nah, I'd better not.

BTW......this is a great site. Nothing silly about it. Great fans discussing UK basketball. What could be better??

....and also, don't be trashing BGR insinuating that its sites are 'silly'. That's a slap to all of us who post here.
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:You REALLY want to know what makes the site look silly?? ...............Nah, I'd better not.

BTW......this is a great site. Nothing silly about it. Great fans discussing UK basketball. What could be better??

....and also, don't be trashing BGR insuinating that its sites are 'silly'. That's a slap to all of us who post here.

He wasn't trashing BGR or it's members. Don't stray off topic, and stop discussing the way the site is ran in multiple threads please.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Everytime I get on the College Hoops Thread thats all I see is Tubby this and Tubby that, its getting old.
-STATS- Wrote:Everytime I get on the College Hoops Thread thats all I see is Tubby this and Tubby that, its getting old.

:thumpsup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
im good for $10 a month lol better than nothing
It doesnt matter what threads are started each one he has started may be about Tubby Smith but each one is different. If you dont want to read them then dont open it up. I by no means agree with what he is doing but he isnt breaking any rules.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Batpuff Wrote:......each one he has started may be about Tubby Smith but each one is different. If you dont want to read them then dont open it up.

Exactly! :Thumbs:
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:
-He receives eight (8) tickets to all homes football games.
Just to throw this out there....these are Skybox seats. I've seen him up there every game that I have attended.
Beef Wrote:Just to throw this out there....these are Skybox seats. I've seen him up there every game that I have attended.

Wonder if there's any chance he'd give us a a couple of those skybox tickets?? Smile
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Wonder if there's any chance he'd give us a a couple of those skybox tickets?? Smile

He usually uses them on recruits.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:He usually uses them on recruits.
That hasn't worked too well.
He'd be better off raffling them for charity or give them to Beef.
Old Timer Wrote:give them to Beef.
:Clap: :Clap:
Like I stated earlier, when the press climbs on board the 'fire Tubby bandwagon' and starts calling for OTS's removal, look for the end to be near. CHECK OUT THIS ARTICLE from the Somerset Commonwealth Journal. This is just one of many that's starting to speak out against TLT. A few days ago, USA Today ran an article criticing Tubby's coaching this season, and FOX Sports is now listing UK as a 'bubble team' for the upcoming tourney. If Kentucky doesn't make the 'Big Dance', and I fully expect them to, newspapers from Paducah to Ashland will be getting in line to call for the removal of TLT from Lexington....and they will be justified in doing so. Just as this article suggests....TUBBY HAS TO GO!
This is ludacris. I think Tubby has had agreat career at UK. I hope he is here for many more years. People are just ignorant and have no idea what class is. Tubby is a fine outstanding man and a good coach. Give him a break.
I don't think people really disagree that Tubby isn't a class act and a great person. The problem is the losses, lack of star recruiting and style of play.
what is TLT
The Fan Wrote:what is TLT

Not positive, but possibly a reference to "Ten Loss Tubby"
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Yep..."TLT" is Ten Loss Tubby.
venom93 Wrote:I don't think people really disagree that Tubby isn't a class act and a great person. The problem is the losses, lack of star recruiting and style of play.

I can't recall ever seeing one post on the internet stating that Tubby wasn't a class act, and I visit several chat sites. Even the anti-Tubby sites like Dynasty Defenders speak well of him in that regard. Stating otherwise would be moronic. What UK fans have issues with Tubby is his lack of recruiting, his style of play, the way he prepares his team, and mostly, the inability to maintain the ownership of the SEC and to get the Wildcats back to the Final Four. He's the highest paid coach in college basketball and honestly, he's not earning it as the results plainly show. Tubby just isn't a good fit for UK. Another season or two like last year's and especially this one could spell the end of TLT.
Nice article. Tubby should go. Yes, he's one of the classiest coaches in America, but being classy won't rack up the W's, and that's what UK fans want...WINS!
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:I can't recall ever seeing one post on the internet stating that Tubby wasn't a class act, and I visit several chat sites. Even the anti-Tubby sites like Dynasty Defenders speak well of him in that regard. Stating otherwise would be moronic. What UK fans have issues with Tubby is his lack of recruiting, his style of play, the way he prepares his team, and mostly, the inability to maintain the ownership of the SEC and to get the Wildcats back to the Final Four. He's the highest paid coach in college basketball and honestly, he's not earning it as the results plainly show. Tubby just isn't a good fit for UK. Another season or two like last year's and especially this one could spell the end of TLT.

Agree 100%. Great post!
Wow. A small sportswriter in Somerset calls for his removal. Should I be shocked or what? Smile Funny how big this has been blown up to be just because this guy wants some attention. Good for you Tubby bashers though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Alfus...I'm sure this isn't the only one, just one I found on the internt. The media is starting to see what most of us have known for tha past few years. Tubby Smith is incapable of getting UK back to the glory days when we were on top of the basketball world. You really need to come to terms with that also. It's the first step in recovery.
Fans do want Tubby gone because he cant produce, and thats what UK fans want, production and more National Titles!
No offense to Somerset, but..... I gotta agree with alfus here. The people that have wanted Tubby gone from the begining are going to keep on crowing until he is gone. An unknown sportswriter from a small town paper agrees with the anti-Tubby contingent and you guys promote it like its the gospel. Thats hilarious.
  • 1(current)
  • Next