Poll: Do you think the UK basketball program needs to go in a new direction?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
63.64%
No
20.45%
Wait until the season is over
15.91%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want Tubby out threads...here
IF that scenario happens..Its very likely as well.. The cats would be 19-12... 5th or 6th in the SEC east...
I would love to see somebody else wearing a suit on the UK sidleine
catwoman Wrote:I love it,,grown men crying,,I am waiting on alfus,,cant wait to hear his usual excuses.I get so excited when the Cats lose because I love to hear you all show how little you know and all the excuses.Go cards!!

Smile I am about to join ship with you.. GO CARDS:igiveup:
Disco Stu Wrote:I have to comment on this and laugh about it. He has been to the NIT twice at Louisville and lost 3 straight to Kentucky. He does not put a good product on the floor every single year.
Amen to that.They are playing their best ball right now disco but over all not quite as good as the cats over the last five years.
golfman42 Wrote:I would love to see somebody else wearing a suit on the UK sidleine

There are very few people that want tubby to stay around. Go look around out some of the other wildcat forums.. All my friends and family members feel the same way..

I just don't realize what these "few" see in tubby? Sympathy I suppose..
Yeah same here QQ, my family wants Tubby out. My Grandpa passed away around 2 years ago and I couldnt imagine what he would be going through if he seen this UK team.
.....and now maybe some of you guys are finally getting a clue why I post so many 'Anti-Tubby' threads. How on earth can anyone that calls themselves a UK fan tolerate this kind of basketball? TUBBY MUST GO!...TUBBY MUST GO! I'll say it one more time TUBBY MUST GO!!!
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:.....and now maybe some of you guys are finally getting a clue why I post so many 'Anti-Tubby' threads. How on earth can anyone that calls themselves a UK fan tolerate this kind of basketball? TUBBY MUST GO!...TUBBY MUST GO! I'll say it one more time TUBBY MUST GO!!!

I second that notion. It's time for UK to move past the Tubby era. Bring in a coach will bring some excitement back into the program..
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:.....and now maybe some of you guys are finally getting a clue why I post so many 'Anti-Tubby' threads. How on earth can anyone that calls themselves a UK fan tolerate this kind of basketball? TUBBY MUST GO!...TUBBY MUST GO! I'll say it one more time TUBBY MUST GO!!!

I already had a clue why you were doing it, but now I 100% whole heartedly agree with ya GKS!
You guys may get your wish if things don't change dramatically to end the season. I think Tubby could be on the hottest seat ever, and unless he wins the SECTourny and makes a decent run the NCAA's then there's no doubt he may be gone. I don't necessarily look at this as a positive or negative thing right now.

I think if Tubby goes, then next season will be brutal as well with a new coach and the seniors next season having to adjust to a new style of play. Not to mention, it could really affect Patterson and Lucas' decisions as it seems to many they are waiting to see if Tubby is still here next season before making their decisions.

I'm upset too, but I'm not going to call for Tubby's head. I want better than this as well, but I won't give up on this team yet. I still think they are a strong team that could pull some good wins down the stretch and make a good run. I may be crazy to some of you for believing that, but I believe this team has the talent and potential to make this kind of run.

Maybe Tubby will be gone after this season, maybe he won't. Either way I'll support the team and attempt to come to terms with the fact that things aren't as horrible as the internet fans like to believe. I know things aren't good, but I also realize it's not bad enough to merit this type of thread as well, and that players do not deserve under any circumstances to be called morons or told they suck as some fans on here would do.

I'll hold judgment on Smith and this season, but either way Kentucky is still Kentucky and things will be fine again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am going to never give up on UK, but I have already gave up on Tubby. I would love it more than anyone to see Kentucky make a big tourney run, but with the coaching that Tubby does, its going to be very tough to do so.
-STATS- Wrote:I am going to never give up on UK, but I have already gave up on Tubby. I would love it more than anyone to see Kentucky make a big tourney run, but with the coaching that Tubby does, its going to be very tough to do so.

I would like to see Tubby have one more season to right the ship with his senior and sophomore classes of next season, and hopefully a good freshmen class as well. Without Tubby I don't think we get Patterson and Lucas at all unless Donovan comes to UK which I personally don't believe would ever happen.

I'd outline his goals for next season if I was Barnhart and if those goals aren't met then I'd have Coach Smith sign his resignation come seasons' end.

Just my opinion though that he realistically needs 1 more year to right this program, and if it's not done then he can go and I wouldn't mind half as much.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I like Tubby but why does he deserve one more year if he has had what, 9 years to go from #1 to middle of the pack?

But I still don't know what I feel on this issue.
alfus21 Wrote:I would like to see Tubby have one more season to right the ship with his senior and sophomore classes of next season, and hopefully a good freshmen class as well. Without Tubby I don't think we get Patterson and Lucas at all unless Donovan comes to UK which I personally don't believe would ever happen.

I'd outline his goals for next season if I was Barnhart and if those goals aren't met then I'd have Coach Smith sign his resignation come seasons' end.

Just my opinion though that he realistically needs 1 more year to right this program, and if it's not done then he can go and I wouldn't mind half as much.

IMHO, I think Billy D would come in a heartbeat..I may be dead wrong.. Kentucky is the all time winningest program and has great tradition. Traditionally speaking UK is among the elite college basketball programs along with a small company of UCLA, UNC and Duke. Coaching one of these programs is the pinnacle of coaching at this level.. I don't think he would pass up the opportunity if it arises.

At UK Billy D would be the big shot..He wouldn't be second fiddle to the football program. He would get more national spotlight, bigger paycheck, 25,000 plus screaming fans, nicer facilities.
i watched the whole game-=
uk played one heck of a game. up until the fouls at the end-= uk might go al lthe way. and i agree tubby made some mistakes but good luck uk.
the 89-90 probation team would beat this team by 15 points.
Disco Stu Wrote:TorQQue.

It could get much worse. It's not that bad.

Kentucky will make the NCAA this year, and will be a 7 or 8 seed at the worst.

Tied for the 3rd best record in the SEC, yet we're the doormat of the league?

The probation team was not close to this.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:the 89-90 probation team would beat this team by 15 points.

:thatsfunn I'm sorry but I really think that is a reach.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
yeah laugh alfus...that probation team did beat a top 10 LSU team, and gave hell to just about everybody they played that year..yeah they had some bad losses, but they would beat this bunch by 15..go ahead and tell me why they wouldnt, but im sticking by it..they would.
alfus21 Wrote::thatsfunn
I dont think any of us are having fun watching the Cats this year.
-STATS- Wrote:I already had a clue why you were doing it, but now I 100% whole heartedly agree with ya GKS!

Welcome aboard, STATS. :Thumbs:

BTW......did you happen to tune in to KSR a while ago?? There were over 4600 online and most were demanding Tub's head on a platter.
alfus21 Wrote:I would like to see Tubby have one more season to right the ship with his senior and sophomore classes of next season, and hopefully a good freshmen class as well. Without Tubby I don't think we get Patterson and Lucas at all unless Donovan comes to UK which I personally don't believe would ever happen.

after the Alabama game you said if he didnt pull out a miracle he should step down now you say he should get one more year which is it ?
Alfus has been calling for the 'one more year' thing for the past 2 or 3 years. He must realize that acceptance is the first step to recovery. He must accept that Tubby is not the best fix for UK basketball. The sooner he does this, the more coherent he'll become. Smile
Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Welcome aboard, STATS. :Thumbs:

BTW......did you happen to tune in to KSR a while ago?? There were over 4600 online and most were demanding Tub's head on a platter.

Wow, thats an insane number.
-STATS- Wrote:Wow, thats an insane number.
The number probably went higher. I've been outside working and haven't logged on in over an hour. I'll check and see what the new record is and get back in a few minutes.
The Fan Wrote:after the Alabama game you said if he didnt pull out a miracle he should step down now you say he should get one more year which is it ?

That was an irrational post on my part. I believed that at the time, but after thinking about it I don't think it's in the team's best interest for next season for him to be gone.

Grassy Knoll Sniper Wrote:Alfus has been calling for the 'one more year' thing for the past 2 or 3 years. He must realize that acceptance is the first step to recovery. He must accept that Tubby is not the best fix for UK basketball. The sooner he does this, the more coherent he'll become. Smile

This is the 1st time I've ever said the "one more year" thing. I know I didn't say it last year, and 2 or 3 years ago I had no room to say it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:yeah laugh alfus...that probation team did beat a top 10 LSU team, and gave hell to just about everybody they played that year..yeah they had some bad losses, but they would beat this bunch by 15..go ahead and tell me why they wouldnt, but im sticking by it..they would.

I will laugh. LSU was a good win, but they had more than some "Bad" losses. I think a 55 point loss to Kansas is pretty bad. I won't argue with you, but I think it's pretty funny that anybody would seriously consider that the probation team is 15 points better than this team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Alfus and Stu are in denial. I agree with the people that said the probation team would beat this team by 15. The way I see it, why would Patterson or Lucas want to come play for a coach like Tubby, im sure they watch the games when they can and see the awful way this team plays. UK is the winningest team in college history, but tubby is taking them on a free fall. Im not so sure the players would have a problem with a new coach and new style of play. But i still dont want Billy D, I cant stand him. Why would anyone want him here? He runs up the score on teams, plays a weak non-conference schedule, and thinks he is gods gift to coaching. Although Tubby hasnt played a strong schedule this season, besides UNC, UCLA, Memphis and so on; he doesnt run the score up on anyone (probably because he doesnt know how), and he is great person, hell he has put up with the selfish UK fans like myself and still stayed. But I still believe its time for him to go.
-STATS- Wrote:Wow, thats an insane number.

STATS.....I just checked the KSR board and they set a new record today of 4833 fans online and most were calling for Tub's head. But the most surprising part of the board was Tubby's #1 supporter in all the land, UKJim26, who NEVER, NEVER, EVER said a harm word against Tubby and has defended him for years, IS NOW BASHING Tub and calling for his removal as coach. CHECK OUT UKJim26's POST ON KSR. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. This guy is the last person who would defect over to 'the dark side' as it's referred to on KSR. No doubt you'll see thousands and thousands of Tubby supporters doing the same in the next few weeks, especially if they don't make it to the Big Dance and end up in the NIT. Mercy Sakes!!!
SportsFan80 Wrote:Alfus and Stu are in denial. I agree with the people that said the probation team would beat this team by 15. The way I see it, why would Patterson or Lucas want to come play for a coach like Tubby, im sure they watch the games when they can and see the awful way this team plays. UK is the winningest team in college history, but tubby is taking them on a free fall. Im not so sure the players would have a problem with a new coach and new style of play. But i still dont want Billy D, I cant stand him. Why would anyone want him here? He runs up the score on teams, plays a weak non-conference schedule, and thinks he is gods gift to coaching. Although Tubby hasnt played a strong schedule this season, besides UNC, UCLA, Memphis and so on; he doesnt run the score up on anyone (probably because he doesnt know how), and he is great person, hell he has put up with the selfish UK fans like myself and still stayed. But I still believe its time for him to go.

I'm not in denial. And I still think it's absurd that anybody would say the probation team would win over this team.

Why wouldn't Patterson and Lucas want to come to Kentucky? Immediate playing time. A good group of players returning. And yes, I'm sure they watch the games as well and don't see an awful product on the floor. They see a team that is having a rough stretch and want to bring them through it for the fans. I think they may have a problem with a new coach and style of play. The fact that Tubby and Billy are not locks to be where they are now next season is definitely playing into their decisions.

I agree with you on Billy Donovan. I wouldn't mind to see him too much but I think there are better options.

How can you call the schedule weak and then name 3 top 10 teams they have played this season? It's the #2 hardest schedule in the country.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Those are the toughest games they have had all year in my opinion. How exactly does that warrant a #2 schedule ranking? Plus they lost to all of them, if they could have somehow pulled out a win in at least one of those games, then yeah I would maybe say they done something, but thats the thing, they havent beaten a ranked team all year. That to me should be NIT material, at least UL has beat some ranked teams.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next