Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th region rumors.
Hazards coach has one strength and that's the ability to get players from RWCombs. If he can't hold these players I think he might be dead in the water. Sorry to go off topic just thought someone on here might have info
wow wow wow
I'm closer to the rumors of the 13th but had heard that about Caudill to Leslie but I don't know that to be true or anything more than rumors. Most transfer rumors in the 13th rarely come true but it seems that the 14th has more action behind things so who knows.
Who will be Corbin's new coach?
Olred Wrote:Who will be Corbin's new coach?
Troy Lee Thomas:biglmao:
The rumor from the streets of Barbourville,is that Vermillon was more interested in being a best friend, than coaching. The problem with Knox is not the parents, they would be tickled to death with anyone that could show the program was moving in a positive way. For the life of me I don't know what they saw in any of the last three hires. They turned down coach jones the last three times. They turned down Steve Warren the last couple time and they turned down Roy Bowling the first time. Any of these would be an improvement. And how to you turn down a coach who has one a state championship. SMH
Insideinfo I agree with everything you said, but when you do hire someone I would think you give them more than a year. I didn't know about coach Jones as that would have been a very good hire in my opinion.
Kyplaymaker, that would be karma for me. I said to many things when he was here!!!
Olred Wrote:Insideinfo I agree with everything you said, but when you do hire someone I would think you give them more than a year. I didn't know about coach Jones as that would have been a very good hire in my opinion.

I agree 100%.
Olred Wrote:Looney parents are everywhere, but without an administration to appropriately run things the nuts begin to run the asylum. Vermillion can sometimes go a little far but she deserved time to see what she could have done. I just wonder how desperate someone must be to apply for this job now knowing how little support you get.

I would definitely steer clear from that job.
It has been said on here before but the main problem with Knox is the AD. I don't know how someone who has yet to make a successful hire has been able to keep that job that long. SMH
Well
Steve Warren would be a good hire!
He is a great man and loves kids. JMO
Here is what Knox Central's Coach Vermillion said per The Times Tribune.

"I am not what the players or parents want at this position, and I saw that,” Vermillion said in a statement. “I wish everyone the best and hope that they find someone to fit their desires as a head coach. I am unsure as to what the future holds for me, yet I am sure that I am retiring from the business of organizing and during time, energy and resources into a program just for someone to come in behind me and look like a superstar. “If the opportunity arises in a girls’ basketball program where the community is searching for a coach to help shape young athletes into better athletes, but more importantly, better students/ future citizens, then I will take it,” she added. “Until that point, I have a beautiful little girl, who is already enjoying Mommy being home more. God Bless everyone whom I was in contact with, for in the end, he is bigger than anything we humans can manifest.”
Wow
insideinfo Wrote:The rumor from the streets of Barbourville,is that Vermillon was more interested in being a best friend, than coaching. The problem with Knox is not the parents, they would be tickled to death with anyone that could show the program was moving in a positive way. For the life of me I don't know what they saw in any of the last three hires. They turned down coach jones the last three times. They turned down Steve Warren the last couple time and they turned down Roy Bowling the first time. Any of these would be an improvement. And how to you turn down a coach who has one a state championship. SMH

one ?
Has Harlan Ind hired a coach? Thought maybe I had missed hearing this
jamesdeane Wrote:Here is what Knox Central's Coach Vermillion said per The Times Tribune.

"I am not what the players or parents want at this position, and I saw that,” Vermillion said in a statement. “I wish everyone the best and hope that they find someone to fit their desires as a head coach. I am unsure as to what the future holds for me, yet I am sure that I am retiring from the business of organizing and during time, energy and resources into a program just for someone to come in behind me and look like a superstar. “If the opportunity arises in a girls’ basketball program where the community is searching for a coach to help shape young athletes into better athletes, but more importantly, better students/ future citizens, then I will take it,” she added. “Until that point, I have a beautiful little girl, who is already enjoying Mommy being home more. God Bless everyone whom I was in contact with, for in the end, he is bigger than anything we humans can manifest.”

Haha good for her.
Kind of shined a light on the parent problem big time.
JerryGarcia Wrote:Has Harlan Ind hired a coach? Thought maybe I had missed hearing this

It is too quite there....someone is getting ready to get shafted.
Lol no need get in big hurry to hire basketball coach
jamesdeane Wrote:Here is what Knox Central's Coach Vermillion said per The Times Tribune.

Gained a lot of respect for her for being that open about things!
It is all to quite... Someone needs to make a hire.
they probally wont be no hires anytime soon I don't thank I can be surprised
Any hires or rumors of hiring or anything going on in 13th region
I have known coach Vermillion for a few years now and I will say she is a great person and I really believe she will be a great coach .She just needs to find the right school where politics are not a factor, probably not easy to find. Best of luck coach! !!
13th region just got a lot more interesting
why is 13th region a lot more interesting now what going on what have you heard or been told that I don't know about
Macy Gibson was in uniform today. For South Laurel. Confusedhh:
Where she from
Not sure who Wilson will hire as assistant at Corbin now. Maybe a former girls or boys player from around his era at Corbin?
I know the assistant he wanted was turned down by Corbin principal/super.