Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13th region rumors.
I was wondering when it would finally be on here about Gibson. Heard about a video of her practicing was circulating. I really didnt think it would happen as is didn't make sense. They are MUCH better with her now and maybe a top 25 team in the state but still won't be the favorite in the 13th with Harlan County. It would have made more sense to transfer within the 14th. I do look forward to seeing them all play together and should be interesting now that HC has some competition.
Harlan county was favored last year too and didn't win it.
True, and I would rather see sl win it. I just think that will still not be enough to beat HC. It will make it more interesting though and differently not impossible. Did she enroll before school went out or is she just testing the water this summer?
2015-16 hc beat south 58-52 and 51-44 in region and south beat hc last year at hc so I believe south is right there
At south its always been you have to be enrolled to play summer ball. Liability thing.
Olred Wrote:I was wondering when it would finally be on here about Gibson. Heard about a video of her practicing was circulating. I really didnt think it would happen as is didn't make sense. They are MUCH better with her now and maybe a top 25 team in the state but still won't be the favorite in the 13th with Harlan County. It would have made more sense to transfer within the 14th. I do look forward to seeing them all play together and should be interesting now that HC has some competition.

You didn't think they had competition last year? Harlan didn't have a tough schedule last year and it showed come tournament time. South won at HC without Gibson! Gibson just added more firepower to an already powerful team.
I agree that they didn't play a very tough schedule just like south, my hounds or most of the 13th Region in my opinion. I do think Harlan County with the location they have will prevent them from playing an extremely tough schedule any season. I believed it was Harlan counties to lose last year and they did just that and could do the same thing this year. They still have probably the two best players in the region and at worst two of the three now with Gibson in Region. Don't take my opinion as an attack on sl. I love Collett at pg (my favorite pg) and south has some good wings to go with Gibson too (Steele is really good). I just think Harlan County is still slightly better and south will miss Davis and Reynolds. This transfer probably more than makes up for those loses but they still are loses. What I was saying earlier is if Gibson had went to say perry or knott they would have almost hands down won the 14th. I'm glad she is here as it gives me something to talk about and I've always been a big believer in kids going to a school that they want to. I also am NOT a Harlan County fan so let me say I would MUCH rather South Laurel win it if I had to choose between the two.
Olred did Corbin make a good hire in new coach don't know anything about him
About as good as I think we could have hoped for. Our feeder system has been down for a few years (last year was better) so not a huge draw. I do think the Corbin name has a draw and to get one of our own back is a good thing. While from what I hear this was not our first choice he is a good guy and a "Corbin" guy. I know many people are happy to have him home. I think we can be competitive and make it back to region but it will take a few years to get things back to the top unless we have another set of twins move to Corbin like happened a few years ago. That changed things for us in girls basketball for a few years.
Kuz Wrote:Harlan county was favored last year too and didn't win it.

Harlan was ranked No. 1 in the region going into the season. Harlan County was ranked second and finished second. They did move up to No. 1 during the season though.
ky playmaker Wrote:At south its always been you have to be enrolled to play summer ball. Liability thing.

Hopefully she established residence before she enrolled. For some reason, that makes a difference with the KHSAA as far as eligibility.
It doesn't mean a thing with the KHSAA if you know the ropes!!
Laurel county as a split county has always been its own worst enemy when it comes to transfers, but after the sl boys a few years ago and now the sl girls they must be getting things figured out about not worrying about the complaints that usually happens in a split county. Kudos, for getting out of your own way.
Has anyone confirmed that Macie Gibson is transferring to South Laurel? Obviously , she's played some summer ball with them but that's legal and doesn't necessarily mean she's transferring
Streetoutlaw Wrote:Big wishes and dreams. There is no way she leaves Owsley. Owsley returns all five starters and first 8. Eighth graders Lynch and Murray showed they are elite talents during district and regional games. With a year of varsity experience behind them they are ready to shine. She knows she has a shot at district and regional titles next year at her home school. In addition an injury free year and she breaks the scoring and rebounding records at her home school. If that's not enough there is also loyalty to her team and school.
Funny how all this insider information gets out. Probably an anonymous source. Google Bobby Knight and anonymous source and he will explain what that means.

What happened?
Comes up every year and it is shot down. Everybody can't seem to understand that loyalty to her school and teammates is number 1. Hard to understand in today's world.
I really don't see coach Walker being okay with her just playing summer ball. SL is talented team and with her they get even better. She is going to get to play against much better competition there due to location.
Much better comp. south has loaded the schedule this year. Playing several top 10 teams.
South beat knott today by 20. Owsley lost to knott by 25 plus both times last year.
good for south to increase the level of competetion. The last time I remember (but I have a bad memory) South playing a loaded schedule was the year Snyder took them to the final four and lost to a truly LOADED lex catholic team.
Corbin graduating Price and Ashurst keeps them from getting to region next year. That was the big part of their scoring all though I think Hicks and Cora Bo are going to have very good seasons for Corbin
harlan naming their new coach at 2:00 press conference set today at 2
HCS Wrote:What happened?

Absolutely nothing happened.
Well, except for about 20 or so summer scrimmages.