Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leslie County 81 Owsley County 64 (14th Region Quarter Finals)
Pot meet kettle
Big Hammer Wrote:I'm not selling the Owls short. With the team they have making the regional was a big accomplishment and I said it. The thing that bothers me is their fans selling the other teams in the 14th short. Statements like " PCC is in for a double digit defeat " or "Leslie should have smooth sailing to the championship and win the rematch with Perry" None of us know if Leslie will get past their next game.we might see LCC and KCC in the final so let's allow the tourney to play out instead of giving it to Leslie because they beat the Owls. We owe the teams left at least that much

You're conveniently not adding the rest of what was said in some of those post, the word "IF".
It was stated IF Leslie shoots the ball with the accuracy they did in this game that Perry ( or anyone else I suppose) could be in for a defeat, and yes by double digits was mentioned.
Making ten 3 pointers out of 19 attempts and 24 free throws out of 27 is phenomenal shooting. And I realize that many were open looks but Leslie is very good at moving the ball quickly to get those shots off. And it's one thing to get an open shot but one still has to make them and Leslie had it going A+ last night.

So yes, IF Leslie can duplicate that shooting in their other tournament games they will indeed have "smooth sailing" and win by "double digits".

But IF is a big word and there's possibilities they won't be as accurate in their next games. That's to be seen. Evidently they had an off night on their district finals. That happens with all teams, even Kentucky. However, with Leslie they've shot well all season. They rolled Nicholas County out of the gym in Frankfort in the state All A with a flurry of 3 pointers. If they have their shooting eye zoned in they're dangerous.