Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region prediction bracket
Bigdad Wrote:The expo is a good setup and would be ok if everything wasn't so expensive seems like everything is doubled compared to other places the turn out and crowds would be better if the accommodations and prices were more reasonable

Some suggestions for the 15th Region Tournament at the Expo Center.

- Bring back reserved seating & Advanced/Online ticket sales.
- Schools that have a team playing that specific night would get a discount for student tickets. No more than $4 per student.
- Reduce concession prices or allow a certain number of food items brought from the outside the arena.
- Allow fans on the floor after the Championship games only.

The teams could show up to any gym and play team vs. team without any fans and the result would remain the same. Somebody's gonna win and Somebody's gonna loose. The tournament is for the fans. Fans aren't there for practice, fans aren't there for summer league games.... some might show up for those, but nothing like a regional tournament.

The Expo Center might be the most Un-Fan-Friendly sporting atmosphere you can imagine.

Something I forgot, if their argument is money.... then move it back to the schools. I would rather give my admission money and concession money to a high school rather than the Expo. I know the majority of the money goes back to the schools. Trying to justify higher than average costs than what consistent with high school athletics is wrong. Needing to do that just to keep the regional tournament at a specific venue is wrong.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Bigdad Wrote:The expo is a good setup and would be ok if everything wasn't so expensive seems like everything is doubled compared to other places the turn out and crowds would be better if the accommodations and prices were more reasonable
I've not been in a few years, so it could have changed now, but last time I was at the 16th region tournament at Morehead it was $5 a person admission and the concessions were much more reasonable than the EXPO.
Redneck Wrote:No, that's just you being the douche bag that you are. There is a difference in not shooting the ball very well and playing bad. They have lost 3 games of the last 9. The first one to a very good Harlan team at the All "A" State tourney. A game in which they were 1-13 from the field in the1st quarter and not much better in the 2nd quarter. The 2nd half of that game they shot the ball much better and even made a few comebacks. The 2nd game they got beat by 2 against Pikeville. A very good game, much like the Pikeville/JC game last night. Their 3rd loss to a JC team who was the preseason favorite to win the district and region. Like I posted earlier (and OffTheHook), Paintsville was 2-20 from the field in the first half, including 8-9 "gimmes" missed. That's what you call an "off night" shooting the ball. They played hard and battled the whole game. 2-20 from the field is hard for any team to overcome. Do you tell your son that he is playing like crap if he is in a slump at the plate, even though he is still making plays in the field? Same difference here.

First, if Geodon had a bad night that would be a bad night, if he had a bad week that be a bad week, if he had a bad three weeks it would be a bad three weeks. If would not mean to be negative just a fact. It would not mean they girls are not playing hard. By your own post the girls has had trouble shooting for three weeks. That was what the guy form SV was saying. That they had peaked little to soon. It was not a put down it was just a fact(see your post above). That does not mean they can not get it back. I would like nothing more then for JC to play Paintsville in the finals. I wish Les the most success as he can possible have. You just get to defensive at times which, I guess I do the same. :why:
With paintsville beating valley that shows you how much I know. Lol
Bottom line, move it from the expo center, I don't go and I know that really doesn't mean much but I'm sure there are many like me. I don't like the high prices of everything either but not nearly as bad as I hate sitting scrunched up trying to watch a game if I'm fortunate enough to get in in the first place