Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region prediction bracket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pike Central
Betsy Layne

SV
Paintsville

South Floyd
Lawrence Co

JC
Pikeville
Nailed it.
Just switch the JC and Valley game positions.
Actually put JC game at top.
Thought they were doing "superregion" this year?
Is this where Warthog says SV wins because Paintsville peaked too early because SV fans said so?
oldgrouch Wrote:Thought they were doing "superregion" this year?

Super Region begins next year
Redneck Wrote:Is this where Warthog says SV wins because Paintsville peaked too early because SV fans said so?

Should be a dandy
I'm saying SV in a close one
Redneck Wrote:Is this where Warthog says SV wins because Paintsville peaked too early because SV fans said so?

Exactly the bracket and game SV wants. Play a team that is going wrong direction first-then rest for second game-and be ready for next victim
Warthog Wrote:Should be a dandy
I'm saying SV in a close one

Should be a good one
Mjolnir Wrote:Exactly the bracket and game SV wants. Play a team that is going wrong direction first-then rest for second game-and be ready for next victim

Wrong direction? They have lost 4 games all year. They just got beat by the preseason region favorite in the district championship, who they beat twice this season, who also happens to be their biggest rival. Paintsville, JC, SV, Pikeville, any of the 4 could win this region. Sucks that these 4 got stuck playing each other in the first round.
OffTheHook Wrote:Nailed it.
Just switch the JC and Valley game positions.
Actually put JC game at top.

I had a feeling lol
Pike central vs paintsville in the finals
JC vs Valley
JC wins it
Pike County Central vs. Betsy Layne (2/27 @ 6:30)
Johnson Central vs. Pikeville (2/27 @ 8:00)

South Floyd vs. Lawrence County (2/28 @ 6:30)
Shelby Valley vs. Paintsville (2/28 @ 8:00)

Semi-Finals on 3/3 @ 6:30 & 8:00.

Finals on 3/4 @ 5:00.

All games at the Expo Center in Pikeville.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Pike County Central vs. Betsy Layne (2/27 @ 6:30)
Johnson Central vs. Pikeville (2/27 @ 8:00)

South Floyd vs. Lawrence County (2/28 @ 6:30)
Shelby Valley vs. Paintsville (2/28 @ 8:00)

Semi-Finals on 3/3 @ 6:30 & 8:00.

Finals on 3/4 @ 5:00.

All games at the Expo Center in Pikeville.
Really wish we could get away from the Expo and back to the high schools
Redneck Wrote:Wrong direction? They have lost 4 games all year. They just got beat by the preseason region favorite in the district championship, who they beat twice this season, who also happens to be their biggest rival. Paintsville, JC, SV, Pikeville, any of the 4 could win this region. Sucks that these 4 got stuck playing each other in the first round.

You truly that limited? They may have only lost 4 games but just got bet by a team they beat twice by a tone. That constitute the wrong direction.
I do think Les will get them to re-group and they will play much better.
Pike central vs SV
South Floyd vs JC

SV vs JC

JC the champions
One could say that the top 4 teams (SV, JC, Paints and Pike) got a bad draw by having to play each other in the first round. In a sense, that is true.

But if you believe, as I do, that those four teams are on a level above the other four, then it wouldn't matter. If you didn't draw one in the first round then you would've most likely played one in the semi's.

Bottom line is if you're one of those four, you were probably going to have to beat 2 of the other 3 regardless. This just gives them the opportunity to rest after what should be a grueling first-round game.

The only thing is that whichever 2 teams emerge from these two games, they will have to avoid overlooking their semifinal opponent and thinking about the finals.

Looking forward to those games.
More Cowbell Wrote:One could say that the top 4 teams (SV, JC, Paints and Pike) got a bad draw by having to play each other in the first round. In a sense, that is true.

But if you believe, as I do, that those four teams are on a level above the other four, then it wouldn't matter. If you didn't draw one in the first round then you would've most likely played one in the semi's.

Bottom line is if you're one of those four, you were probably going to have to beat 2 of the other 3 regardless. This just gives them the opportunity to rest after what should be a grueling first-round game.

The only thing is that whichever 2 teams emerge from these two games, they will have to avoid overlooking their semifinal opponent and thinking about the finals.

Looking forward to those games.
I agree. It's going to be a good one
Eagle84 Wrote:You truly that limited? They may have only lost 4 games but just got bet by a team they beat twice by a tone. That constitute the wrong direction.
I do think Les will get them to re-group and they will play much better.

2-20 from the floor in the first half, missed about 8-9 "gimme's". That's hard for any team to overcome. Every team has off nights. Bottom line is these teams are all about as equal as you can get.

You can follow me on every thread I post in and try to start an argument?
Redneck Wrote:2-20 from the floor in the first half, missed about 8-9 "gimme's". That's hard for any team to overcome. Every team has off nights. Bottom line is these teams are all about as equal as you can get.

Bub...they either folliw you or censor you.
Redneck Wrote:2-20 from the floor in the first half, missed about 8-9 "gimme's". That's hard for any team to overcome. Every team has off nights. Bottom line is these teams are all about as equal as you can get.

You are right it get old correcting you but again I will dummy it down for you so maybe you can understand what I he was saying.

Paintsville is 25-4 overall (Les doing a great Job) however, they are 6-3 (Starting on January 25th ) over their last 9 games. In addition, they be JC by 13 on the road but only won by 6 at home. I think that clear shows they are not playing as well as they were early in the season when they was 19-1. That clear enough? :igiveup:
SV fans are just waiting for someone to put a bow on the regional championship trophy. Seems like everything they were posting earlier is coming true.
Why not move it to the grade school gyms? If we're gonna inconvenience everyone let's go all out...
Eagle84 Wrote:You are right it get old correcting you but again I will dummy it down for you so maybe you can understand what I he was saying.

Paintsville is 25-4 overall (Les doing a great Job) however, they are 6-3 (Starting on January 25th ) over their last 9 games. In addition, they be JC by 13 on the road but only won by 6 at home. I think that clear shows they are not playing as well as they were early in the season when they was 19-1. That clear enough? :igiveup:
No, that's just you being the douche bag that you are. There is a difference in not shooting the ball very well and playing bad. They have lost 3 games of the last 9. The first one to a very good Harlan team at the All "A" State tourney. A game in which they were 1-13 from the field in the1st quarter and not much better in the 2nd quarter. The 2nd half of that game they shot the ball much better and even made a few comebacks. The 2nd game they got beat by 2 against Pikeville. A very good game, much like the Pikeville/JC game last night. Their 3rd loss to a JC team who was the preseason favorite to win the district and region. Like I posted earlier (and OffTheHook), Paintsville was 2-20 from the field in the first half, including 8-9 "gimmes" missed. That's what you call an "off night" shooting the ball. They played hard and battled the whole game. 2-20 from the field is hard for any team to overcome. Do you tell your son that he is playing like crap if he is in a slump at the plate, even though he is still making plays in the field? Same difference here.
Most of you know me and I can honestly say that I wish both Johnson County teams well. Having said that, I could care less if PHS shot 2 for 20 or whatever it was. The thing I'm most shocked about is a picture that's floating around of a trophy that's been smashed. I hope this is a photoshop picture and not for real...if it is true then this is a low blow to all the PHS Lady Tiger fans. I consider it classless for a coach to trash a trophy earned by his players because they finished as runner-ups. Does he not know that runners-up continue on? When I saw the photo I was at a loss. To me that's worse than a fan getting tossed twice in one game, or shooting 2 for 20, or arguing parents. The girls have had a good season and they're still playing...rather than brake a trophy, how about using it as motivation in a more classy way. Again, breaking a trophy was classless in my opinion.
Speedshot Wrote:Why not move it to the grade school gyms? If we're gonna inconvenience everyone let's go all out...

E-I-E-I-E-I-O..... THE EXPO NEEDS TO GO!!!!!!

Was that a tad bit corny, yes.... Yes it was.

No advanced ticket sales, No reserved seating, you have to meet with a loan agent to finance some concession items.... besides being the largest venue in the region and the floor is the same size as Rupp & NKU's floor, there's no upside to having the region there. Not sure if it's changed, but last year, there was a $10 (or so) cover charge to eat at the hospitality room. There has to be a business in our six county region that could sponsor the hospitality room where there won't be a fee.

Let's be honest, if the Expo was in Johnson, Floyd, Magoffin, Martin or Lawrence counties... the regional would have already been moved a few years ago. It may be on a two year rotation or something like that, but nobody can convince me that any other county but Pike would have it this long in a venue that manages the tournaments as bad as the Expo does.
Olderthandirt Wrote:Most of you know me and I can honestly say that I wish both Johnson County teams well. Having said that, I could care less if PHS shot 2 for 20 or whatever it was. The thing I'm most shocked about is a picture that's floating around of a trophy that's been smashed. I hope this is a photoshop picture and not for real...if it is true then this is a low blow to all the PHS Lady Tiger fans. I consider it classless for a coach to trash a trophy earned by his players because they finished as runner-ups. Does he not know that runners-up continue on? When I saw the photo I was at a loss. To me that's worse than a fan getting tossed twice in one game, or shooting 2 for 20, or arguing parents. The girls have had a good season and they're still playing...rather than brake a trophy, how about using it as motivation in a more classy way. Again, breaking a trophy was classless in my opinion.

Do you have a link or a copy of the picture you mentioned?
Here's the current setup as far as regional tournament venues go with seating capacities. Curious to know what kind of actual seating capacities high schools in the area truly are. I can't imagine any school in the 15th/16th would even seat the 3200 that Valley seats. Hard for me to believe that Breathitt seats 4000 as well.

EKU - 6500
WKU - 7300
Murray - 8600
Corbin Areana - 4966
Expo - 7000
Morehead - 6500
BB&T Arena - 9400
Owensboro Sportscenter - 5500

Lincoln - 4200
Mason - 5400
Breathitt Co. - 4000
Henry Co. - 5400
Valley High School - 3200
Central Hardin - 4000
Hopkinsville - 4800
Pulp,

I saw it on someone's phone, not mine. Sorry!
The expo is a good setup and would be ok if everything wasn't so expensive seems like everything is doubled compared to other places the turn out and crowds would be better if the accommodations and prices were more reasonable
Pages: 1 2