•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final: Johnson Central 71 Paintsville 62
StillAnMCfan Wrote:Maybe not when the JC boys were first coming out but later on the PHS girls started doing tumbles right in front of the JC cheerleaders when JC was doing a floor cheer at the half-court. Saw it with my own eyes and it was in poor taste. I am a PHS fan but that wasn't very classy in my eyes.

I agree with you on that then when it was a time out and the PHS cheerleaders were right in front of their fans and JC did flips then when they left the girl in the back of PHS squad would back up about 10 ft and act like the JC girl. IMO PHS cheerleaders showed no class but hey, it sure made me laugh.
A Blessing & A Curse Wrote:More like see you in the District Tournament (hopefully) so Paintsville can crush them!

This win for the Eagles did require a lot of effort and perseverance but, I think that they relied on a tremendous amount of pure luck and adultrated calls. Say what you want to say about "always blaming officiating", but here that is simply the case. McCarty was throwing up garbage shots and they all were falling in. I didn't even know Mike Conley played basketball until Thursday night and puts up a double double... Sounds like luck to me!

I hope and pray that we play them again at Districts and destroy what little hope they will ever have of being an even decent basketball team... Keep your head up Tigers.

did you not get the sarcasim lol? I was meaning thats JC's goal every year. I hope we see JC in the dist turny ad well so we can crush them!!
StillAnMCfan Wrote:Maybe not when the JC boys were first coming out but later on the PHS girls started doing tumbles right in front of the JC cheerleaders when JC was doing a floor cheer at the half-court. Saw it with my own eyes and it was in poor taste. I am a PHS fan but that wasn't very classy in my eyes.

I actually caught my own daughter, do things I thought she should have and could have avoided. I was very disappointed in her actions.
But these girls have been allowed to do this type of stuff for the past 4-5 years, so the blame should not just be pointed at them.
StillAnMCfan Wrote:With the sick flyers the Paintsville kids put on the cars, they kind of deserved this loss. It would not be a good time if I were the Supt. of Paintsville. They would lose their spring break. They just got out played but if there was such a thing as karma this would have been it. There is no use to post that junk about JC.

The "sick flyers" that the Paintsville kids put on the cars? First of all those flyers were put on every car Paintsville and Central fans alike. We are a small school we would know the cars that it needed to go on and the ones that it didn't. From reading this flyer that I found on my car I find it ridiculous that anyone would even suspect that a student would have written it. The whole flyer discusses things that high school kids have no interest in. Why would students write things attacking their school board? We really don't care that much. You must consider more than just students participate in this rivalry.
A Blessing & A Curse Wrote:The "sick flyers" that the Paintsville kids put on the cars? First of all those flyers were put on every car Paintsville and Central fans alike. We are a small school we would know the cars that it needed to go on and the ones that it didn't. From reading this flyer that I found on my car I find it ridiculous that anyone would even suspect that a student would have written it. The whole flyer discusses things that high school kids have no interest in. Why would students write things attacking their school board? We really don't care that much. You must consider more than just students participate in this rivalry.

I don't care who did it. Parent,teacher or student. It's not right. It's probably a safe bet that it was kids that put them there with adult help in what was written. You know as well as me that it goes back way before this game. Remember what was written about the kid on the JC football team on the list back around Apple Bowl time. On saying you would know which cars to put them on I call "bull." They were meant to be on both fans cars. My kid goes to Paintsville but this was flat wrong anyway you add it. Don't take up for them just because you are a Paintsville fan, I am too.
I guess I was lucky, my car had no flyers at all on it. What did they say?
A Blessing & A Curse Wrote:More like see you in the District Tournament (hopefully) so Paintsville can crush them!

This win for the Eagles did require a lot of effort and perseverance but, I think that they relied on a tremendous amount of pure luck and adultrated calls. Say what you want to say about "always blaming officiating", but here that is simply the case. McCarty was throwing up garbage shots and they all were falling in. I didn't even know Mike Conley played basketball until Thursday night and puts up a double double... Sounds like luck to me!

I hope and pray that we play them again at Districts and destroy what little hope they will ever have of being an even decent basketball team... Keep your head up Tigers.
\\\

That even decent team with all the luck and calls beat the Tigers pretty bad!!On their home court!!:lmao: Coulldnt you be agood sport and just say Congrats we got outplayed???
StillAnMCfan Wrote:I don't care who did it. Parent,teacher or student. It's not right. It's probably a safe bet that it was kids that put them there with adult help in what was written. You know as well as me that it goes back way before this game. Remember what was written about the kid on the JC football team on the list back around Apple Bowl time. On saying you would know which cars to put them on I call "bull." They were meant to be on both fans cars. My kid goes to Paintsville but this was flat wrong anyway you add it. Don't take up for them just because you are a Paintsville fan, I am too.
Kids are getting blamed, and i honestly think they are innocent....this time.
I read it and never thought much about it, most of it had been printed in the newspapers.
what did the list say?
The Guru Wrote:Kids are getting blamed, and i honestly think they are innocent....this time.
I read it and never thought much about it, most of it had been printed in the newspapers.
I think it's pretty common knowledge who the author is, and no it wasn't the kids. Just a very disturbed adult.
StillAnMCfan Wrote:I don't care who did it. Parent,teacher or student. It's not right. It's probably a safe bet that it was kids that put them there with adult help in what was written. You know as well as me that it goes back way before this game. Remember what was written about the kid on the JC football team on the list back around Apple Bowl time. On saying you would know which cars to put them on I call "bull." They were meant to be on both fans cars. My kid goes to Paintsville but this was flat wrong anyway you add it. Don't take up for them just because you are a Paintsville fan, I am too.

People are acting like this is the first time anything like this has ever happend. Like the "Top 10" , (the very harassing letter always delivered prior to the Apple Bowl) acts like this have been going on for decades and writing on the internet about it is not going to stop anything so really no one cares what you think. Everyone seemed to forget that JC also wrote a top 10 so no one needs go calling Paintsville kids "classless", unless county kids are included. You're not going to stop the rivalry between Paintsville and JC... no one is! It really seems like that's what some people are trying to do but, people don't even realize how beautiful this rivalry is. So what if some feelings ae hurt here or there it really demonstrates the school spirit between both programs.

So after 20-30 years of this happening, why do people make such a big deal of it now?
hornetfan Wrote:\\\

That even decent team with all the luck and calls beat the Tigers pretty bad!!On their home court!!:lmao: Coulldnt you be agood sport and just say Congrats we got outplayed???

We did get out played, but if you can tell me that JC is a better basketball team than Paintsville you're an idiot.
Buckeyex7x Wrote:did you not get the sarcasim lol? I was meaning thats JC's goal every year. I hope we see JC in the dist turny ad well so we can crush them!!

Haha! I got the sarcasim. I was completely agreeing with you.
All_Sport#1 Wrote:I agree with you on that then when it was a time out and the PHS cheerleaders were right in front of their fans and JC did flips then when they left the girl in the back of PHS squad would back up about 10 ft and act like the JC girl. IMO PHS cheerleaders showed no class but hey, it sure made me laugh.

Since when has there EVER been any class shown by either team or fans when Paintsville and JC play in any sport????Confusedhh:
EKY Sportster Wrote:Since when has there EVER been any class shown by either team or fans when Paintsville and JC play in any sport????Confusedhh:

Thank you for proving my point!
I bet the Paintsville schools look down on the little hick schools like South Floyd, East Ridge, Phelps, but would you guys actually read what childish posts you have going on here? I always thought that JC and Paintsville had a little more class than that. Shame on both of you!!!!!!!
kentuckyfan1962 Wrote:I bet the Paintsville schools look down on the little hick schools like South Floyd, East Ridge, Phelps, but would you guys actually read what childish posts you have going on here? I always thought that JC and Paintsville had a little more class than that. Shame on both of you!!!!!!!

No we just look down on people who have false judgements... like you!
kentuckyfan1962 Wrote:I bet the Paintsville schools look down on the little hick schools like South Floyd, East Ridge, Phelps, but would you guys actually read what childish posts you have going on here? I always thought that JC and Paintsville had a little more class than that. Shame on both of you!!!!!!!

Oh, I agree with you 100%, but I'm just stating the facts! A lot (not all) of the fans show no class from either side, the players sometimes (not always) do the same, and then the student body of each school passing around their lists, etc. That is just the way it is with Paintsville and JC. I've not made a childish post about this, but that is the way things seem to unfold whether it be football, basketball or whatever. I don't think it is as bad as it used to be in the 70's, 80's and 90's though.
A Blessing & A Curse Wrote:No we just look down on people who have false judgements... like you!

How do I have a false judgement? You guys have argued back and forth on here for days. That is not a judgement pal, that is a fact that even Stevie Wonder could see. Why can't you guys just be content that both schools have quality basketball teams and quit acting like 10 year olds?
kentuckyfan1962 Wrote:I bet the Paintsville schools look down on the little hick schools like South Floyd, East Ridge, Phelps,

Sounds like a false judgement to me. I have no pronlem with anybody from these schools. I do not look down on those schools. Therefore, you would be making a judgement which is not ture... thus, making it a false judgement. Wow! Do you see how that works?
A Blessing & A Curse Wrote:We did get out played, but if you can tell me that JC is a better basketball team than Paintsville you're an idiot.

Apparently that night they were !!!:Clap:
EKY Sportster Wrote:Oh, I agree with you 100%, but I'm just stating the facts! A lot (not all) of the fans show no class from either side, the players sometimes (not always) do the same, and then the student body of each school passing around their lists, etc. That is just the way it is with Paintsville and JC. I've not made a childish post about this, but that is the way things seem to unfold whether it be football, basketball or whatever. I don't think it is as bad as it used to be in the 70's, 80's and 90's though.

You are right, not all people are classless. It just takes a few to get things really stirred up. I can understand what a rivalry these two schools must have being that close. But both schools should take pride in the fact that one town can produce so much tradition. Most schools in the region would die for the success that both schools have had over the years.
hornetfan Wrote:Apparently that night they were !!!:Clap:

Maybe that night they were but, 9 times out of 10 Paintsville will demolish that team by 20+. Now, will you agree with that?
kentuckyfan1962 Wrote:You are right, not all people are classless. It just takes a few to get things really stirred up. I can understand what a rivalry these two schools must have being that close. But both schools should take pride in the fact that one town can produce so much tradition. Most schools in the region would die for the success that both schools have had over the years.

Damn skippy... Well stated! If only everyone would realize that!
It is going to be really interesting when they join the two schools like they doing all over the state. (Harrodsburg and Mercer County I think were the last ones this year). Just a thought. I am not saying this is happening now but where will this leave the bitter rivalry if this does come to pass? Just thought this board needed a little bit more controversy. lol
kentuckyfan1962 Wrote:How do I have a false judgement? You guys have argued back and forth on here for days. That is not a judgement pal, that is a fact that even Stevie Wonder could see. Why can't you guys just be content that both schools have quality basketball teams and quit acting like 10 year olds?

Have you ever seen 2 brothers get into a fight and seen what happens when some one else jumps in and trys to seperate them? The 2 brothers don't like it very well. This is similar that. Confusedhh:
Sometimes when I read some of the stuff on this site it embarrasses me to think that some of these people are people that I might have set beside of for years while I was living there. With some people, it is always someone else's fault instead of where it really lies. I really miss being in Paintsville though. Good luck to the Tigers and the Eagles the rest of the year.
I can agree with "off The Hook", this is a fight that's between cousins and in some cases bother and sisters. We all know that we're from the same county, and both schools are in the same town. We don't like to lose to one another, but at my house, when the games over, it's over until the next one.

I don't agree with everthing thing their schools system does, or doesn't do. I don't agree with their leadership on several items, but I don't have a dog in their fight, so whatever they do in their system, is their problem. The last thing I want to hear is someone from outside telling us, and them, what to do, and how to handle "our" rivalry.

I totally disagree with a lot of the things that go on like the Top 10 list. I think this past Apple Bowl, the list went way past the funny bantering that it was in years past. Both administrations need to stop it in the bud. As for adults getting involved with Christmas Cards or whatever......they need to grow up, and grow up fast. I have no idea who is being accused (adult) for the things mentioned above, but I know one thing, if our Administration knows who it is, they again need to step to the plate and get it stopped. I'm a Paintsville fan from the tips of my toes to the bottom of my feet, but that doesn't mean myself or a lot of PHS fans agree with eveything that a small percentage of the fans do. We're stuck with them for the time being
Youngerthandirt Wrote:I can agree with "off The Hook", this is a fight that's between cousins and in some cases bother and sisters. We all know that we're from the same county, and both schools are in the same town. We don't like to lose to one another, but at my house, when the games over, it's over until the next one.

I don't agree with everthing thing their schools system does, or doesn't do. I don't agree with their leadership on several items, but I don't have a dog in their fight, so whatever they do in their system, is their problem. The last thing I want to hear is someone from outside telling us, and them, what to do, and how to handle "our" rivalry.

I totally disagree with a lot of the things that go on like the Top 10 list. I think this past Apple Bowl, the list went way past the funny bantering that it was in years past. Both administrations need to stop it in the bud. As for adults getting involved with Christmas Cards or whatever......they need to grow up, and grow up fast. I have no idea who is being accused (adult) for the things mentioned above, but I know one thing, if our Administration knows who it is, they again need to step to the plate and get it stopped. I'm a Paintsville fan from the tips of my toes to the bottom of my feet, but that doesn't mean myself or a lot of PHS fans agree with eveything that a small percentage of the fans do. We're stuck with them for the time being

Great Post Dirt! :Thumbs:
JOEDIRT Wrote:That's funny, considering I watched JC's cheerleaders slap Paintsville's cheerleaders in the face with their pompoms. :dontthink

That's funny. I don't know where you were sitting but I was sitting right in front of JC's cheerleaders and they did no such thing.:dontthink :dontthink
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next