•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final: Johnson Central 71 Paintsville 62
BLUEGRASS-RULES Wrote:I have been to probably 80% of the games Paintsville has played, and i see the same thing there. "THE LEGENDS" index finger against his nose and his chin resting on his thumb. Once again i have been around Basketball all my life. (doesnt make me an authority on it in no way) But i know for a fact that someone that wanted to be there could do wonders with this tiger team. No doubt about "THE LEGENDS" records and accopmplishments. I have read them on here several times. Just wished he would coach during the game. JMO and in no way am i trying to get under anyones skin. Just not fair to the kids. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

I played for Coach Runyon, I know that when you play hard for 32 minutes and do the things you are suppose to do he don't act like that. He was coachin at the beginnin of the game untilthe boys decided they were just gonna shoot 3's the whole time, not play defense or rebound, that's when he sat down. We were 24-4 my senior year with 3 of those losses against top teams in the state, very close games at that. I don't think it's fair to Coach Runyon that he works his butt off in practices then have them boys get in a game and jack around and not do the things they are taught everyday. All they gotta do is go out there, play their butts off (like they did the 4th quarter) for 32 minutes and run the offenses instead of firin up 3's every trip up the floor.
Redneck Wrote:I played for Coach Runyon, I know that when you play hard for 32 minutes and do the things you are suppose to do he don't act like that. He was coachin at the beginnin of the game untilthe boys decided they were just gonna shoot 3's the whole time, not play defense or rebound, that's when he sat down. We were 24-4 my senior year with 3 of those losses against top teams in the state, very close games at that. I don't think it's fair to Coach Runyon that he works his butt off in practices then have them boys get in a game and jack around and not do the things they are taught everyday. All they gotta do is go out there, play their butts off (like they did the 4th quarter) for 32 minutes and run the offenses instead of firin up 3's every trip up the floor.
OK, Again coach the game. Would rather lose by 40 points with players that will do what i ask of them, Listen they dont even have an inbounds play, If they practice throwing the ball away from the basket then hey i am missing something. I noticed coach Starns running plays and McCarty gettng wide open layups. The easiest way to get 2 points is off the opening tip off and Landon will get 85% of the tips. tip one time one pass layup, and trust me it is that simple. Paintsville attacked the basket on several occasions last night and had alot of success, and then quit. "THE LEGEND" called a timeout and got onto them. Paintsville came back out and started jacking up 3's. I know they dont have alot of seats on the sidelines in the gym but when u pull 5 players off the bench then guess what that leaves 5 empty. They would have been watching from there. Have to admit that would have either got there attention< and if not then JC would have beat my team by as much as they wanted. Case in point, u do what i say or sat beside me and watch woth your index finger beside your nose and chin resting on your thumb. AMEN
Did you just ignore where I explained the motivation behind the move?

Of course you did.
BLUEGRASS-RULES Wrote:OK, Again coach the game. Would rather lose by 40 points with players that will do what i ask of them, Listen they dont even have an inbounds play, If they practice throwing the ball away from the basket then hey i am missing something. I noticed coach Starns running plays and McCarty gettng wide open layups. The easiest way to get 2 points is off the opening tip off and Landon will get 85% of the tips. tip one time one pass layup, and trust me it is that simple. Paintsville attacked the basket on several occasions last night and had alot of success, and then quit. "THE LEGEND" called a timeout and got onto them. Paintsville came back out and started jacking up 3's. I know they dont have alot of seats on the sidelines in the gym but when u pull 5 players off the bench then guess what that leaves 5 empty. They would have been watching from there. Have to admit that would have either got there attention< and if not then JC would have beat my team by as much as they wanted. Case in point, u do what i say or sat beside me and watch woth your index finger beside your nose and chin resting on your thumb. AMEN

They have PLENTY of inbounds plays TRUST ME... I have been to practices THIS YEAR and they worked on inbounds plays for 10-15 minutes, that's part of the practice schedule, always has and always will. Paintsville has plenty set plays but rarely set them up because they fire up 3's off the fast break 9 outta 10 times down the floor. When they do set up an offense and JD is posting up, that play is designed to go inside, not move the ball around the perimeter til you get open enough to shoot the 3 ball. Paintsville attacking the basket then turnin around and throwin up 3's is all on the players whether you like it or not. I know alot more about the Tigers then you think I do, lack of execution on the offensive side, poor defense and poor rebounding is what got Paintsville beat last night, against Bardstown, South Laurel, Henry Clay, Bryan Station, Russellville and Spring Valley, that's the players pal, not the coach. I believe the 4th quarter play showed how good they can be when they PLAY and do the things they are tought and suppose to do...
EagleMom Wrote:I'm glad you put that last part in there...because when JC's boys were taking the floor Paintsville's cheerleaders were throwing balls and plastic at them. I really hate playing at Paintsville because the rivalry is so hyped up by the fans that the bad sportsmanship just seems to be higher than anywhere else. I thought Paintsville's cheerleaders showed ZERO class last night.

That's funny, considering I watched JC's cheerleaders slap Paintsville's cheerleaders in the face with their pompoms. :dontthink
BUNDY Wrote:What was going on between Dave Vanhoose and Landon Slones dad. It looked like they were some words exchanged after half time.

What's going on with this????
Big Jim Wrote:I'm sure he could care less who you are and if you respect him. You can't deny the facts of his success. it's unparalleled in the 15th region and other regions as well. He has the respect of his team, his coaches, his fanbase, his city, his peers, all of his former players and other programs. all of which he should be proud of and all of which have nothing to do with you.:howdy:

Not to take anything away from BMR because he is a excellent coach, but there have been a few others that have been just as successful as BMR in the 15th region.
Russell Williamson 793 wins 2 State Championships with Inez High School and John Bill Trivette 709 wins at Pikeville High School.
Redneck Wrote:They have PLENTY of inbounds plays TRUST ME... I have been to practices THIS YEAR and they worked on inbounds plays for 10-15 minutes, that's part of the practice schedule, always has and always will. Paintsville has plenty set plays but rarely set them up because they fire up 3's off the fast break 9 outta 10 times down the floor. When they do set up an offense and JD is posting up, that play is designed to go inside, not move the ball around the perimeter til you get open enough to shoot the 3 ball. Paintsville attacking the basket then turnin around and throwin up 3's is all on the players whether you like it or not. I know alot more about the Tigers then you think I do, lack of execution on the offensive side, poor defense and poor rebounding is what got Paintsville beat last night, against Bardstown, South Laurel, Henry Clay, Bryan Station, Russellville and Spring Valley, that's the players pal, not the coach. I believe the 4th quarter play showed how good they can be when they PLAY and do the things they are tought and suppose to do...

Then why not bench them!! The coach controls the game. I know the players don't always listen and that BMR has a hard time with this bunch. And it is true that the coach can't play the game for them, but he can sure control who plays in the game! If they keep the attitude they had in the first 3 quarters last night, then they easily could be beat out in the District and not even go to the Region. If they play like they did in the 4th, then they could win the Region. The Coach has to get a handle on this and the players are going to have to understand it as well. Good example: last year Paintsville gets knocked out of the Region when they should have won it, and JC squeaks through and wins it!
EKY Sportster Wrote:Then why not bench them!! The coach controls the game. I know the players don't always listen and that BMR has a hard time with this bunch. And it is true that the coach can't play the game for them, but he can sure control who plays in the game! If they keep the attitude they had in the first 3 quarters last night, then they easily could be beat out in the District and not even go to the Region. If they play like they did in the 4th, then they could win the Region. The Coach has to get a handle on this and the players are going to have to understand it as well. Good example: last year Paintsville gets knocked out of the Region when they should have won it, and JC squeaks through and wins it!

Agree 100%, if I gonna lose I'm gonna lose with the players that are playing hard and listening to what I'm saying and not people in the stands.
Would have loved to have been there!
Congrats JC!

Ballgames like this is what I love about our region. You NEVER know who is going to come out on top. I agree with a previous post - the region is wide open.
Something about going to RUPP brings out the desire and the BEST of every team.

It is going to be interesting!
BigEagle Wrote:I guess the one thing is true about last nights game. It doesn't matter what their records are, either team can win at any given time. Both teams have an aray of talent, "team talent". Yes Jamie and Landon are the big names, but it takes all to win, plus you have to come to play to win. Either team would represent the 57 district very well, Shebly Valley is not un-beatable. JC came close to beating them at their own court. JC and P-ville on nights when they are ready to play are among the best in the state. As far as the "LEDGEND" is concerned, you may not like him but you have to respect his ability to produce winners. One State Championship, Two Mr. Basketballs, countless district and regional Titles. He does deserve to be call Coach Runyon. Coach Starns has had a hard season, yes he did go to Rupp last year. This season has been a challenge, but the kids has kept their heads up, which is very important. Weather Coach Starns stays or goes, it doesn't matter, the kids will remain. They deserve the right to play and play hard for a Coach who gets to coach without outside help from others. P-ville has been known to have coaches that have been winners, Brugh in football 280 wins, Adkins in Baseball 800 plus wins, Runyon 498 wins, you see why kids want to play at P-ville. JC has had good coaches as well, Matney of Course is as good as you can get, Starns has had his share of showing he is a good coach, Hall is a good baseball coach.

So understand it's not important to bash each other, but to support each school as a county. Our County has some of the best athletes in the state. We are not JOHNSONVILLE as called by some down state but we are proud to be JOHNSON CENTRAL and PAINTSVILLE.

Good post, one of the better I've ever read on this site.
Congrats JC
I seen this one coming after Paintsville let Betsy Layne hang around with them...congrats JC
Redneck Wrote:Paintsville was 2-21 from 3 point land the first half, don't sound to great to me. Everything was fallin for JC last night, McCarty was even hittin fade aways from behind the backboard.

Does anyone have the complete game stats for both teams, that would be interesting to see..

Can anyone say UK? HAH :thatsfunn
Old School Wrote:What's going on with this????

IDK but I heard about this also and I would of loved to been a fly on the wall lol

and didnt meeks get a T?
All_Sport#1 Wrote:IDK but I heard about this also and I would of loved to been a fly on the wall lol

and didnt meeks get a T?

Not even close who told you that..lol
wetones45 Wrote:Not even close who told you that..lol

somebody and my eyes
wait are u talking about the dads or the T?
congrats jc
amazing how after this win, those who were against Starns now just think he's all that once again, and I'm including comments from here and those I heard in person on Friday where I work, couldn't keep from laughing then and I'm still laughing

Once again you've got those jumping off the fence ready to pat him on the back and say well done, UNTIL he looses again and bam there they are back up on that fence dogging his every move. Now don't get me wrong you have that everywhere there's a sport being played, but I just don't understand it myself. You either support a coach or you don't, plain and simple, there's no maybes, well sorta's, or I might.

Central can take this win and build on it and use it, or they can go back to the bickering, in house fighting (that seems to still be going on ) and just pass this win off as a poor shooting night for Paintsville.

As for Paintsville, sometimes a loss can be a good thing in the long scheme of things.Trust me, this will be motivation for the remainder of the season and the tourney coming up for the Tigers.
Quote:As for Paintsville, sometimes a loss can be a good thing in the long scheme of things.Trust me, this will be motivation for the remainder of the season and the tourney coming up for the Tigers

The Eagles should have ALOT of motivation for the remainder of the season, lol!!
GO EAGLES!!
Any word on the kid that left the team from JC.

NICE WIN for the Eagles, could change the entire season.
Looks like JC made their goal this year! See ya next year Starns.
JOEDIRT Wrote:That's funny, considering I watched JC's cheerleaders slap Paintsville's cheerleaders in the face with their pompoms. :dontthink

I think it was the other way around.
EagleMom Wrote:I'm glad you put that last part in there...because when JC's boys were taking the floor Paintsville's cheerleaders were throwing balls and plastic at them. I really hate playing at Paintsville because the rivalry is so hyped up by the fans that the bad sportsmanship just seems to be higher than anywhere else. I thought Paintsville's cheerleaders showed ZERO class last night.
Paintsville's Cheerleaders were standing in front of the fans, cheering and throwing balls and stuff to their crowd. JC players showed poor class first by running between the girls and the fans. There was only about 4 feet between the girls and fans, but that was right were JC ran through.
Did Paintsville make it a point to run in front of the JC fans?...No. Did they try to get between the JC girls and their fans?...No. They stayed behind them like you are supposed to do.
When JC's boys got to midcourt, they could have just as easily run onto the court from there, couldn't they? Although I didn't condone what the cheerleaders did. I thought JC deserved it.
The Guru Wrote:Paintsville's Cheerleaders were standing in front of the fans, cheering and throwing balls and stuff to their crowd. JC players showed poor class first by running between the girls and the fans. There was only about 4 feet between the girls and fans, but that was right were JC ran through.
Did Paintsville make it a point to run in front of the JC fans?...No. Did they try to get between the JC girls and their fans?...No. They stayed behind them like you are supposed to do.
When JC's boys got to midcourt, they could have just as easily run onto the court from there, couldn't they? Although I didn't condone what the cheerleaders did. I thought JC deserved it.

I was thinking the same exact thing.....I'm pretty sure that they throw those plastic basketballs out at almost every game, and if you run directly in front of them, odds are you are going to get hit with one! I don't think it was a deliberate gesture of rudeness!
Redneck Wrote:I'm not blamin refs, but there were defiantely some very questionable calls. Slone, VanHoose, Grimm and Ferguson all had 4 fouls.

That might be beacuse they fouled the other team. I guess they are used to getting away with every call.. Way to go JC Congrats:letsparty
maxhornet Wrote:That might be beacuse they fouled the other team. I guess they are used to getting away with every call.. Way to go JC Congrats:letsparty
Yeah LOL your right HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! They are used to it HAHAHAHA. Smile !!!!!!
:ChairHit:
Buckeyex7x Wrote:Looks like JC made their goal this year! See ya next year Starns.

More like see you in the District Tournament (hopefully) so Paintsville can crush them!

This win for the Eagles did require a lot of effort and perseverance but, I think that they relied on a tremendous amount of pure luck and adultrated calls. Say what you want to say about "always blaming officiating", but here that is simply the case. McCarty was throwing up garbage shots and they all were falling in. I didn't even know Mike Conley played basketball until Thursday night and puts up a double double... Sounds like luck to me!

I hope and pray that we play them again at Districts and destroy what little hope they will ever have of being an even decent basketball team... Keep your head up Tigers.
The Guru Wrote:Paintsville's Cheerleaders were standing in front of the fans, cheering and throwing balls and stuff to their crowd. JC players showed poor class first by running between the girls and the fans. There was only about 4 feet between the girls and fans, but that was right were JC ran through.

Maybe not when the JC boys were first coming out but later on the PHS girls started doing tumbles right in front of the JC cheerleaders when JC was doing a floor cheer at the half-court. Saw it with my own eyes and it was in poor taste. I am a PHS fan but that wasn't very classy in my eyes.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next